• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

WITHE1982

Just back from GAME today. Paid for my Destiny LE in full and picked up the hard back Collector's edition Strategy Guide for £17:

102971b1.jpg

Had to watch them bring my LE from the back of the store, bag it up and then put the bloody thing behind the counter until tomorrow night. Such a bastard tease.

I felt like:

tumblr_lmycwjJasW1qdq5u6.gif

GReeeeN

Does anyone know if your able to change your characters appearance (hair style, color, markings, etc) after the initial character creation screen?

Marvel

could never
Does anyone know if your able to change your characters appearance (hair style, color, markings, etc) after the initial character creation screen?
Probably not.

Unless Activision charge us for MMORPG like "Appearance Scrolls" called... "Care Modules" cwatididtherexofans?

GReeeeN

Probably not.

Unless Activision charge us for MMORPG like "Appearance Scrolls" called... "Care Modules" cwatididthurexofans?

in this case, I'll probably spend a few hours on making my characters!!, arghhh male or female human Hunter!!!??

Cømet

Banned
Yup but they always do that. I've had games arrive and the account still say "Ready to dispatch"

This gives me hope!

Still curious about the status of that free headset thing. I'ma ask em. Don't wanna run off and buy a headset if they'll send me one.

Heysoos

Am I the only one that never frets with Amazon release day deliveries? lol The large majority of the time the game doesn't ship for me until the day before, have never missed release day with Amazon.

That said, I just cancelled my Ghost Edition for X1, just keeping my Limited Edition. :)

Vooduu

Yours finally showed some progress. Mine has yet to move or change. I got my order in yesterday.

You'll be fine. People did the same with the PS4 and ended up getting it before people who preordered day 1.

I have no idea how Amazon calculates allocation. Some say they do it based on location but I think that's a load of shit.

Cømet

Banned
Free headset?

Yeah! Before I ordered the SE description said a free headset was to be included with the order. Can't remember what headset specifically I'm afraid, but anyway since I ordered the extra info has disappeared from the SE's listing.

Hope I got in in time. If I ordered a Kama now it's not likely to get here in time :/ Did someone say the earbud thing that came with the PS4 has a mic built in? Might not be good, but it'll do short term.

KevinG

Am I the only one that never frets with Amazon release day deliveries? lol The large majority of the time the game doesn't ship for me until the day before, have never missed release day with Amazon.

That said, I just cancelled my Ghost Edition for X1, just keeping my Limited Edition. :)

I'm not saying my fretting is rational. I've only had one or two things not show up on release day from Amazon.

My Best Buy pre-order hasn't moved to "Preparing Order" yet. I'm doing in-store pickup for a midnight release tomorrow.

Should I be worried yet?

Vitanimus

Just back from GAME today. Paid for my Destiny LE in full and picked up the hard back Collector's edition Strategy Guide for £17:

102971b1.jpg

Had to watch them bring my LE from the back of the store, bag it up and then put the bloody thing behind the counter until tomorrow night. Such a bastard tease.

I felt like:

tumblr_lmycwjJasW1qdq5u6.gif

oh I had no idea they were doing strategy guides.... now I kinda want it

Kane1345

Cømet;128850287 said:
Yeah! Before I ordered the SE description said a free headset was to be included with the order. Can't remember what headset specifically I'm afraid, but anyway since I ordered the extra info has disappeared from the SE's listing.

Hope I got in in time. If I ordered a Kama now it's not likely to get here in time :/ Did someone say the earbud thing that came with the PS4 has a mic built in? Might not be good, but it'll do short term.

Had no idea about this and ordered a Tritton Kaiken about a month ago. Ah well no regrets

bob page

No one should be worried about Amazon release date deliveries. I've even had them ship a preorder the night before and have it arrive the next morning.

Futaba

havent been able to get confirmation on this but..

ghost edition contains a usb dongle, the only reason i can see for this is to allow communication from any console to the ghost irrespective of and bypassing a console specific wireless connection, which begs the questiin, does turning on the ghost with the dongle connected, and the game running, do anything?

Im getting vibes that it might/could/will pipe audio from your ghost ingame to the model ghost instead of playing it in the game audio.

Canucked

Bestbuy.ca doesn't seem to be shipping early. They may on monday I guess, but I am not getting my copy on tuesday... :(

C'est la vie.

Vooduu

ghost edition contains a usb dongle, the only reason i can see for this is to allow communication from any console to the ghost irrespective of and bypassing a console specific wireless connection, which begs the questiin, does turning on the ghost with the dongle connected, and the game running, do anything?

Im getting vibes that it might/could/will pipe audio from your ghost ingame to the model ghost instead of playing it in the game audio.

Charging

KevinG

I'd like to be able to download new phrases to it.

is there a day one huge update on 360 for this game? I already know about the mandatory install, but is there stuff on top of that too?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
My Best Buy pre-order hasn't moved to "Preparing Order" yet. I'm doing in-store pickup for a midnight release tomorrow.

Should I be worried yet?
Me and you both brotha!

Emails are usually sent out the day before. I was hoping I'd get one today with it being a midnight pickup, but If not sure if they do that.

Don't worry until tomorrow afternoon.

I pre-ordered my Destiny strategy guide on amazon already but I should of checked with GameStop to see if I could just order one there. I will be calling them up since even though I'm going digital I will go with my buddy to the midnight release, it's only a 9 minute walk from my apartment plus there might be some Destiny swag with codes on them.

Out of curiosity. Did anyone else in the beta have their fireteam chat come out of their TV speakers even though you had your device settings on headset?

Marvel

could never
Out of curiosity. Did anyone else in the beta have their fireteam chat come out of their TV speakers even though you had your device settings on headset?

Yes.

There's an option you can select to stop that in the pause menu. I forget what it looks like or what it's called but it's there to stop that my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom