• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Something like this? Pretty in its own way...

The Hellmouth has to be one of the most atmospheric locations I played in any Bungie game.

Seriously, they did a good job giving the vibe of what the Hellmouth is about. A terrifying place where armies of Hive plan to reign terror on our Solar System.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Not quite this magnitude but Titanfall launched pretty flawlessly from my experience. RoS on PC was perfect as well.

ha no way RoS can count (expansion pack). D3's ACTUAL launch was pretty bad for like a day or two..

titanfall probably doesn't quite count just because the magnitude is much different. one not even launching to an immediate million vs... man.. probably at least a few million immediately worldwide across all systems.

edit - not knocking titanfall and yes I know it quickly hit 1m. was just pointing out that it didn't launch on like 4 platforms with a combined user base of 175m and took a little bit to hit 1M whereas because of that combined user base destiny will hit 1M< with the first day, all hitting the servers.

RedRumy3

woot.

5tDZGtN.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
where was this mentioned? Colored PS3s didn't frequently hit until the super slim, and even then were never sold outside of the bundle they were made for. Beofre that they were very rare and never sold outside i.e. Gunmetal MGS4 PS3.
yeah that's what I thought. i think i'm gonna hunt for a bundle to reserve at a store... :p

Bold One

Cømet;128846969 said:
That sucks :( I'm same man, my SE hasn't shipped yet either :/
No point in worrying though, not much we can do bar cancel and go digital. Just gotta wait and pray.;...

word is that the servers go live in the UK 1pm tommorow, it would be great to have the game before midnight

ElRenoRaven

You know I was thinking. So need a warlock armor that looks like this.

undertaker_1_full_20130308.png

Granted it would need some wicked mask to go with it but I know bungie could do it. lol

Anybody who legitimately lives in New Zealand have it digitally pre-ordered?

I wanna know if it's actually going to be playable before dropping anything else on it just to play a little early.

Edit: According to my PS4, it unlocks at 5:00 PM PDT today.

Double Edit: Bringing attention to this is probably going to kill any chance of it happening though. lol

Blitzhex

I wanna know if it's actually going to be playable before dropping anything else on it just to play a little early.

Double Edit: Bringing attention to this is probably going to kill any chance of it happening though. lol

I'm not in nz, but already have the game. Servers don't come on till 8th sept 12pm gmt, which is not in 7 hours.

Edit: Unless oceanic servers are completely different or something.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

if you actually purchase the NZ version yes you almost guaranteed should be able to play it tomorrow morning. my ONLY hesitation would be if the game is online region locked to the games region.. meaning if it puts you on NZ servers and matches you with NZ players... might be laggy if it does that.

Weird if NZ gets it that early yet EST bros have to wait till 3am

Marvel

could never
That Warlock armor is too good not to be in the game, I'm expecting it to be either Raid or expainsion gear.

Tovarisc

Dropping last few good pics that I had still around from Beta.

if you actually purchase the NZ version yes you almost guaranteed should be able to play it tomorrow morning. my ONLY hesitation would be if the game is online region locked to the games region.. meaning if it puts you on NZ servers and matches you with NZ players... might be laggy if it does that.

At least Beta was ran on U.S. based servers. This was clear when I got put into U.S. based PvP lobbies more than once, no matter what time of the day was in question.

I live in Finland, EU.

I hope that the final game has some improvements to image clarity.

Myself and a bunch of others noted during the alpha/beta that for a 1080p game, something about it looked strangely sub-1080, and this was on PS4. I was told this was likely due to their antialiasing/filtering solutions needing improvement.

It did improve slightly from Alpha to Beta so I hope it further improves from Beta to Retail.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This reminds me of the console launches with everyone watching their shipping status like a hawk. If it isn't shipped today, 95% chance they just overnight on Monday.

Computron

Did anyone cancel their XBONE preorder for the cross-buy?

Did the preload stay on your XBONE's harddrive, or does it auto delete?

Cømet

Banned
word is that the servers go live in the UK 1pm tommorow, it would be great to have the game before midnight

D: No way the game gets to me by then. Valuable time will be lost!
It'd be great to have the game before our Yank brothers start so we can join straight away.....but I'm not hopeful...

Must...resist....turning! Won't....betray...Titan...brothers!

Don't make me punch you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom