• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one should be worried about Amazon release date deliveries. I've even had them ship a preorder the night before and have it arrive the next morning.

I'm getting kind of concerned with my order, even so. Amazon has usually been really good with their delivery dates, but I ordered a book last Wednesday and it shipped out just an hour or two after I ordered it, so I figured it'd be here early if not on time Friday. Come Friday, the package says it's still in Kentucky (I'm in Michigan), and that guaranteed delivery time of 8:00 PM went by without it moving from there.

I called Amazon, asked them why I pay for Prime if things don't get shipped, etc., but mainly voicing my concern about my Destiny preorder not arriving, and they just regurgitated corporate speak at me. Last year around the same time, I didn't get two launch games until Wednesday from them, and I'm afraid the cycle is repeating.

At the very least, I can tell my Destiny LE won't be here until Tuesday night (and coincidentally, that book is scheduled for Tuesday now too). I know it has to do with the shipping company too, but I'm starting to feel like I should just use GameStop for this kind of thing (bleh).

Karl Hawk

Banned
That reminds me, Bungie made a vidoc 3 years ago when it was during their 20th anniversary. Do you think Bungie will celebrate for it's 25th anniversary and do something special or whatever?

Me and you both brotha!

Emails are usually sent out the day before. I was hoping I'd get one today with it being a midnight pickup, but If not sure if they do that.

Don't worry until tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, I was a bit concerned because the last two games I pre-ordered from them, I had the pickup e-mail on the Sunday before release. I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon before freaking out or calling the store.

Messiek

I just realized I'm going to need to buy a longer charging cable for my PS4, can't be taking breaks to charge!

There's no way I'm taking breaks to charge too. It will get a little uncomfortable but my body will be filled with space magic. Hehe

neoism

GUys can you add friends on PSN.com I really need some gaffers :( I've only had like 10 firends on Ps3 and would like to play with YALL :p

PSN ne0ism- I got the list but 400+ is a lot I like to add the peps that post the most in the thread

Arrrammis

There's no way I'm taking breaks to charge too. It will get a little uncomfortable but my body will be filled with space magic. Hehe

Personally, I'll just be taking 5 seconds every few mission to switch out controllers (I have 2, 1 on charger and 1 in use). System works pretty well!

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Is everything expensive in New Zealand like it is in Aussie land? I remember my first trip in a Sydney grocery store, toilet paper was mad expensive lmao.

Some things are, electronics for some reason are cheap as here... food on the other hand, is ridiculous expensive.

Wine is cheap though, so at least you can get a drink on whilst playing Destiny on your cheap 50" LED, but you'll be hungry a lot of the time :p

WITHE1982

I just realized I'm going to need to buy a longer charging cable for my PS4, can't be taking breaks to charge!

I actually went the whole hog and got a second controller so I'll always have one fully charged.

This game is costing me muchos dineros:

Destiny LE: £95
Gold Headset: £65
Second controller: £60
Strategy Guide: £17
money lost through lack of work being done: £1000s

ElRenoRaven

Am I the only one that never frets with Amazon release day deliveries? lol The large majority of the time the game doesn't ship for me until the day before, have never missed release day with Amazon.

That said, I just cancelled my Ghost Edition for X1, just keeping my Limited Edition. :)

Nah. I never worry. I've never had them miss release date and I've had them ship out as late as 1am the night before. Usually they ship it via air from down in Texas up to Oklahoma here. Hence it takes about 2 hours to get here via plane.

Kane1345

No need for hacking just wait for the Announcer Pack!
Believe!

Alan Rickman Announcer Pack

world-without-harry-potter-gifs-snape.gif

bombshell

Yes.

There's an option you can select to stop that in the pause menu. I forget what it looks like or what it's called but it's there to stop that my friend.

Strictly speaking, it's not a pause menu because the game can't be paused. I learned that the hard way in the beta lol

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Sorry if I bump the thread for this, but how in the world you pre-download this game on Ps4? I bought it digital few days ago, but everytime I click on the icon in the dashboard all it says is a countdown until official release. Where's the opt to start actually downloading it?

Chaostar

Just back from GAME today. Paid for my Destiny LE in full and picked up the hard back Collector's edition Strategy Guide for £17:

102971b1.jpg

Had to watch them bring my LE from the back of the store, bag it up and then put the bloody thing behind the counter until tomorrow night. Such a bastard tease.

Yeah I went for that too, they also got me for a mug and a keyring...

303846_gen_b.png

303848_gen_b.png

You should have asked to touch your Destiny, they let me fondle mine :p

Passionately

Killzig

Sorry if I bump the thread for this, but how in the world you pre-download this game on Ps4? I bought it digital few days ago, but everytime I click on the icon in the dashboard all it says is a countdown until official release. Where's the opt to start actually downloading it?

Go to your drive management and see if it isn't already downloaded. That's the screen I'm getting and I'm fully pre-loaded.

bombshell

If you have the game icon in your list of applications on the home screen, then you're already downloading it ;)

Press Options on it and go to Information to check the download progress.

robo

I actually went the whole hog and got a second controller so I'll always have one fully charged.

This game is costing me muchos dineros:

Destiny LE: £95
Gold Headset: £65
Second controller: £60
Strategy Guide: £17
money lost through lack of work being done: £1000s

gamestop UK has the controllers for £39.97 and the headset for £57.97

WITHE1982

Yeah I went for that too, they also got me for a mug and a keyring...

303846_gen_b.png

303848_gen_b.png

You should have asked to touch your Destiny, they let me fondle mine :p

Passionately

I nearly went for the keyring but held back. I was hoping they'd sell something like the E3 wristbands:

$_35.JPG

I would have snapped up a couple of those bad boys.

Karl Hawk

Banned
So what are you guys gonna do come launch day? You gonna play solo for a bit or immediately jump in a Fireteam?

I won't be at launch, but once I'm starting the game, I'm gonna play story missions, do some exploring and bounties, some Strikes, then continue on the story.

I think i've finally settled on a class to first level up on...Hunter then Titan then Warlock.

Golden gun gets me too hard in my pants.

Y'all can add me on PSN as well : Final_spyder

I'm in the destiny clan

X-Frame

So what are you guys gonna do come launch day? You gonna play solo for a bit or immediately jump in a Fireteam?

I'm going to come home Tuesday night from work, eat, shower, and at around 8 PM EST I'll probably come in this thread (or another GAF Fireteam/Community thread if one is made) and see if anyone wants to group up to start the story.

I am thinking of going through the Story and Strikes in order and then saving PvP and exploring for after that's all done.

If I see any gaffers doing story missions when I am I will send an invite. But I plan on going through the campaign before I move to anything else. Then it will be a mix of exploring, PVP and Strikes. Then when I got myself a damn good set up I will go after the Vault of Glass.

WITHE1982

gamestop UK has the controllers for £39.97 and the headset for £57.97

Yeah I already had my controller when I saw that offer (I went for the red controller). I got the headset from Gamestop but paid £6 for express delivery to make sure I had them in time.

Thanks anyway dude.

Nodnol

Hypehypehypehypehype.

I'm getting excited at the possibility of unlocking my DGE early. I'm sceptical, but the little boy inside of me is dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom