• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to come home Tuesday night from work, eat, shower, and at around 8 PM EST I'll probably come in this thread (or another GAF Fireteam/Community thread if one is made) and see if anyone wants to group up to start the story.

I am thinking of going through the Story and Strikes in order and then saving PvP and exploring for after that's all done.

I'll be first getting on at 530pst which I think is 830 est... if you are not too far ahead I will join you. I got you on PSN.

X-Frame

Is someone already planning on creating a GAF Fireteam / Community thread for people that want to request and arrange for groups? I think it would be a good idea to separate that from the OT, but maybe others disagree.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
If you have the game icon in your list of applications on the home screen, then you're already downloading it ;)

Press Options on it and go to Information to check the download progress.

thank you, i'll try and look :p

Some really cool Traveller theories posted earlier.

But anyone else like me in hoping that The Darkness has some strong Elder Gods/Dark Tapestries/Cthulhu Mythos leanings?

Cuphead

Banned
Is someone already planning on creating a GAF Fireteam / Community thread for people that want to request and arrange for groups? I think it would be a good idea to separate that from the OT, but maybe others disagree.

I'd be cool with this.

Alright, I caved.
Preordered the digital 360 version on Gamestop. com, that way I can still get the preorder bonuses. The free Xbox One upgrade is just icing on the cake.
I'm not planning on buying an X1 until the white bundle comes out so this works out perfectly for me.

X-Frame

I'll be first getting on at 530pst which I think is 830 est... if you are not too far ahead I will join you. I got you on PSN.

Awesome! Yeah I probably will be just getting on at around 8 PM, but that doesn't taken into account loading the game, options, and of course character customization, haha. That'll be 30 minutes right there.

There's no reason to. This community thread or organizing thread that you're proposing would die off quickly because nobody would pay attention to it as much as the main OT.

The process for community threads: OTs stay in gaming for one month after creation. If OT is still active, it's moved to community where it becomes the community thread.

Namikaze1

I know for sure my friend isn't going to be on at 2 am so I'll probably end up soloing a bit unless some of the gaffers on my friends list invite me.

WITHE1982

So what are you guys gonna do come launch day? You gonna play solo for a bit or immediately jump in a Fireteam?

I'll be doing the first 4 missions solo on hardest difficulty just to level faster then probably the 1st strike in a 3 man team. after then probably link up with a few gaffers for a while.

All I know is it's gonna be epic.

robo

Yeah I already had my controller when I saw that offer (I went for the red controller). I got the headset from Gamestop but paid £6 for express delivery to make sure I had them in time.

Thanks anyway dude.

no worries, the camera is £39.97 if you haven't got one already.

jkh33

iPJrQxvruxBpL.gif

Tap that ass.

Rofl

There's no reason to. This community thread or organizing thread that you're proposing would die off quickly because nobody would pay attention to it as much as the main OT.
Well, the Destiny clans thread seems to be doing quite well- and clans are essentially there just for gaming with folks, you know?

It's the same effect as making a thread for fireteams, more or less.

Awesome! Yeah I probably will be just getting on at around 8 PM, but that doesn't taken into account loading the game, options, and of course character customization, haha. That'll be 30 minutes right there.

Cool. I will touch base when at work on tuesday.

For those of you who pre-ordered the Limited Edition Strategy Guide from Amazon over the last few days, you should check your orders and the product page.

I ordered it on the 4th when the price was around $26. The price right now is $22.19. I know Amazon guarantees you the lowest price when you pre-order, however on books, audio, and movies, the price fluctuates often. If it goes up again before the 9th, they probably won't drop your pre-order price.

So I canceled my pre-order and re-ordered to get the lower price. Saved about $5.

Okay okay
Maybe this next question is a little weird, but how many different styles of helmets do you think there'll be? I mean, I love finding new armor that looks different

I asked a few pages back but didnt get a reply. How does respec'ing work? Can you do it infinitely? Does it cost anything? Any insight would be great. Thank you!

Cømet

Banned
GUys can you add friends on PSN.com I really need some gaffers :( I've only had like 10 firends on Ps3 and would like to play with YALL :p

PSN ne0ism- I got the list but 400+ is a lot I like to add the peps that post the most in the thread

I'm like that, it's just nice to be able to relate who you're playing with with some sort of prior communication. I'm a bit shy with voice chat anyway.
PSN: ScrewAttack_. Go right ahead bud :)

KFC bucket on lock, two birds, one stone.

I support this dedication!

:lol

John DiMaggio plz

"WOOOOOOO HEADSHOT!"

I'm totally behind this.

So what are you guys gonna do come launch day? You gonna play solo for a bit or immediately jump in a Fireteam?

I'll be up for fireteams as soon as I'm free of the intro. Think I'll be with my mate at first, once he's gone I'm totally game (or otherwise, if someone wants to join two scary Brits going all SAS on sheet).

Still no change in status for my Amazon order.

Oh well.

Stay strong, have faith!

I know for sure my friend isn't going to be on at 2 am so I'll probably end up soloing a bit unless some of the gaffers on my friends list invite me.

I think I've got you on PSN, I'll be game! Just can't use headsets at night, less I want my balls busted :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Cuphead

Banned
Cømet;128855456 said:
I'm like that, it's just nice to be able to relate who you're playing with with some sort of prior communication. I'm a bit shy with voice chat anyway.

:(

Added you!
Anyone who hasn't plz add me.

PSN - Freakk5v3

Alright, I caved.
Preordered the digital 360 version on Gamestop.com, that way I can still get the preorder bonuses. The free Xbox One upgrade is just icing on the cake.
I'm not planning on buying an X1 until the white bundle comes out so this works out perfectly for me.

hope u dont mind what time you get to play it(I heard the download is huge). I am doing the same thing and just found out the hard way that gamestop doesnt even give codes for the game out, they just give xbox live currency. I just decided to buy it through live whenever it comes out, should be around 3 AM PDT....then the download will take hours, and hours, and hours for me

I've got late work days (as in, morning until 9pm) Tues-Fri this week, so I will probably spend my first hours with Destiny exploring solo and leveling up my Awoken Hunter. Come the weekend however, it's go-time with DestinyGAF.

Same for me. I actually want to know which class is the best if I like to focus on being more of a sniper?

While there's stuff that cam help, the game is designed so that you pick any class/super you find interesting. You likely won't always be using a sniper rifle (it's a secondary weapon and even then ammo is rather low for secondaries). You can pick something that's going to work well with it -- but for the most part pick what you find more appealing.

Catching the Texans game. Hopefully I see an ad. I stream almost everything so I don't see many commercials. Seeing the live action trailer on a giant tv would be awesome.

Namikaze1

Cømet;128855456 said:

I think I've got you on PSN, I'll be game! Just can't use headsets at night, less I want my balls busted :(
Trust me, I know what you mean. Thankfully, all the bedrooms are in the second floor.
And yeah, you are. :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I asked a few pages back but didnt get a reply. How does respec'ing work? Can you do it infinitely? Does it cost anything? Any insight would be great. Thank you!

we don't know. the beta had a lock-in option which gave you a small boost to all your base traits at the cost of being unable to alter specs. that seems like its been removed (?). if its been removed, its probably unlimited re-arrangement.

X-Frame

The process for community threads: OTs stay in gaming for one month after creation. If OT is still active, it's moved to community where it becomes the community thread.

I understand, but I am just envisioning the OT moving so quickly during the beginning that any posts relating to grouping up would be quickly drowned out. I suppose we'll just cross that bridge when we get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom