• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpunk3

I'm surprised they only made a low number of the Ghost Ed. It kinda kills their profit margins, everyone I know wants one. How many did they make?

Philippo

Damn, gonna miss D1 because i'll be in classroom all day.
I'm sure my friends will get to lv20 by the time i get it the day after.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't planning on going digital, but the hype is getting to me... Being able to turn on my XB1 and play right at midnight is pretty tempting. Might do it. I just don't want to end up not liking the game and regretting my purchase, lol.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'd guess the same, I suppose.

Though I am curious how they will count those numbers given the whole 'free digital upgrade' deal they're doing. Will those each counts as two? Or one? Interesting to think about. Could skew the numbers.

in terms of NPD? One.

In terms of "has sold more than xx million copies"? Lol probably two.

In terms of playing the game? Meh, who cares?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It isn't as though people didn't already know that the userbase is mostly on PS4. I don't know why this needs to be brought up.

Affirmation of choice, maybe?
Just responding to a reddit survey that was posted with data derived from GAF. Don't read too much into it.

Einbroch

Banned
Not on Reddit though. It's similar to GAFs breakdown, which isn't surprising. More hardcore gamers, wanting all the exclusive content, probably made their preorder before parity, etc.

I have co-workers and such who are Madden/CoD/BF/Halo players and they're getting Destiny for old consoles.

The hardcore will go this generation, but last generation still has a huge following. And that following, especially for shooters, leans 360. People who browse Reddit and GAF are many, many times more likely to own a PS4 or XBO.

I called my rural gamestop this morning. They are expecting hundreds and did recommend I get there at 10pm. Crap.

They always do this. Did you preorder? If you did, just swing by at 11:50. If not, I don't know, but usually they don't sell out.

Marvel

could never
Needs to be a titan move:
karatesteeler.0.gif

That'll knock ya Bicuspids out, maggle!

LowParry

I think this translates well to being a theme for us Gaurdians. Cause it's just so goddman good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PScyErTeNkM

Lyrics:

O, my friend!
Now, here is a victory.
This is the first glory.
O, my friend!
Let us celebrate this victory for the next battle!

"It was a pointless death."
Nobody should say that…
Till we’re down to the last man…

The enemy is cruel… we are bringing…
The enemy is enormous… we are jumping…

With glory in our hands, we sing of victory, bearing the wings of freedom upon our backs
(Those calamitous beasts…)
Clenching our resolve to our hearts, we tear through the spiral of foolishness
(…Will be annihilated!)
Let us dance in the clear skies——
With our Wings of Freedom!

The enemy is cruel…

Cømet

Banned
Looking at the GAF user list for each console is hilarious.

Xbox 360 - 15
PS3 - 34 (including myself)
Xbox One - 151
PS4 - 617

December needs to hurry up, I can't upgrade soon enough.

The reason I'm not just adding everyone straight off! lol
Over six hundred! Dayum.
At least last gen Gaffers have enough peeps for strike teams.

haha that's fantastic, you're too good at those mate.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Looking at the GAF user list for each console is hilarious.

Xbox 360 - 15
PS3 - 34 (including myself)
Xbox One - 151
PS4 - 617

December needs to hurry up, I can't upgrade soon enough.

even that is likely skewed a bit because of people trying to join up for the alpha and extended beta on playstation though

Yeah, the OT title is real questionable. It's chuckle inducing but some of the ideas in the withdrawal thread were golden. Not even put to trial!

Yeah, some great ideas in the withdrawal thread, 'The Last Guardians' was my special favourite.

I was disappointed with what we got.

I just got a mail from Sony telling me my preorder got cancelled. Turns out my PSN account was linked to my former bank card so the payment couldn't be made. I entered the new card in my account and made a new preorder. I was scared for a few minutes. Don't do this to me so close to launch!

gatti-man

I have co-workers and such who are Madden/CoD/BF/Halo players and they're getting Destiny for old consoles.

The hardcore will go this generation, but last generation still has a huge following. And that following, especially for shooters, leans 360. People who browse Reddit and GAF are many, many times more likely to own a PS4 or XBO.

They always do this. Did you preorder? If you did, just swing by at 11:50. If not, I don't know, but usually they don't sell out.

I preordered after the beta. I went from skeptical pre alpha to verify positive post alpha to incredibly hyped post beta.

Karamsoul

I have a question for everyone who's pre-ordered Destiny from Amazon:

As a pre-order bonus for the Limited Edition, Amazon states that the Destiny Digital Guardian Edition will be extended for everyone. Does this mean that I also get a full Digital Limited Edition in addition to my physical copy? So basically two limited editions? So I can basically gift my Digital Guardian Edition code to someone else if I want to?

I apologize in advance if this has been answered before - I just want some clarity.

fJQYsFp.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
I preordered after the beta. I went from skeptical pre alpha to verify positive post alpha to incredibly hyped post beta.

They have your copy there, guaranteed.

Don't show up any earlier than you want to. You could get there at 11:59PM and they'd have your game for you. They aren't allowed to sell it if you have your preorder slip.

Marvel

could never
Here are my two shit ideas from the last thread:

Destiny IOT2I All my friends are dead

Destiny IOT2I Does anybody speak space turtle?

I agree. I know a ton of people still getting 360 versions. Just not surprised to not see it reflected in reddit or GAF.

I just got a mail from Sony telling me my preorder got cancelled. Turns out my PSN account was linked to my former bank card so the payment couldn't be made. I entered the new card in my account and made a new preorder. I was scared for a few minutes. Don't do this to me so close to launch!

I've had moments like that except it was for Amazon. Wasn't able to launch day because of it.

darthbob

As a pre-order bonus for the Limited Edition, Amazon states that the Destiny Digital Guardian Edition will be extended for everyone. Does this mean that I also get a full Digital Limited Edition in addition to my physical copy? So basically two limited editions? So I can basically gift my Digital Guardian Edition code to someone else if I want to?

I apologize in advance if this has been answered before - I just want some clarity.

fJQYsFp.jpg

No, it means that if you preorder the DGE from Amazon you'll still get the Vanguard Armory as a preorder bonus.

In terms of "has sold more than xx million copies"? Lol probably two.
Hah, probably. 'All aboard the Hype train. Toot toot!'

In terms of playing the game? Meh, who cares?
I don't disagree. I'm an Xbone player myself. I'm sure all four console will have a fine population. I'm not all too concerned in that department.

My sadness comes from the fact I have an Xbone Ghost Edition. I don't want to pay another $60 to get the game on the 360 and One digitally. Sucks I'm stuck to one console instead of the two just because I paid more money, hah.

Cømet

Banned
I hope Destiny gets some good quality books for expanding the universe, like Halo did. Wasn't interested in those, but am with this.

KevinG

fJQYsFp.jpg

I don't think that's how it works. It would be nice, but I think it's just poor placement by their marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom