• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cømet

Banned
15146798876_81dd93136c.jpg

14983014050_1e1cc43e63.jpg

It taunts me...

I'm really liking the blue DS4. Gonna have to get one at some point.

Me no get it :(

darthbob

Considering the beta was around there I expected more I guess, but ok thanks.
Are you sure there won't be an extra download like the beta though?

The back of the PS4 box says it's a 40GB minimum so either the preload is only halfway done or SOMEBODY LIED.

Anyone have the limited edition pre ordered through tesco direct? Does it say ready for dispatch for anyone else? I suppose it will say dispatched tomorrow but just wondering if it has been dispatched for anyone yet

FLiP2345

Banned
The back of the PS4 box says it's a 40GB minimum so either the preload is only halfway done or SOMEBODY LIED.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. But someone said it might be there because the DLC will fill the rest. Idk about that though. Hopefully if it's another download, they let is start it earlier so I can play Tuesday afternoon

Obscured

Destiny |OT2| You are already dead.

Destiny |OT2| You were already dead

I'll be going back to the lists and adding people, going to need some backpacking for Raids and PvP.

Mouroutaru on both PSN and XB1.

I'm going to rolling exo/titan/auto rifle/fusion rifle, awoken/warlock/scout rifle/fusion rifle, human/hunter/hand cannon/sniper/default(no hood) helmet. Have no idea which will be first and is going to be a challenge getting all six up as quick as possible.

Both should be pre-loaded, now only thing to figure out will be drink option to go along, thinking whiskey, but might go a nice craft beer if I think first night is going to be a longer session.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The 40GB requirement includes the massive Destiny expansion next fall which will add Mercury, Europa, Phobos, and Saturn as explorable zones along with Old Chicago and Mumbai Push on Earth plus pew pew space combat.

BELIEVE!

I just can't remember a time a game felt like this much of an event. I mean there was watch dogs, but it's not quite the same. Destiny feels like it could be the next big thing. It was the first shared world game announced this gen (I'm gonna drink bungie's kool aid on that genre phrase because its quite evocative). Playing that beta and I know there was something to this game. Something you can't totally pin down, there's something about destiny that goes beyond its great mechanics it's got a bit of mysterious magic that all the best games have. I could be wrong and the magic doesn't set into a distinct rhythm eventually petering out l together. But Destiny could be the first Big IP to really stick this gen.

Does anyone know how in the Hell the 360 version is going to work? It is supposedly only one disk, which holds 8 gigs. Where are the other 12-ish gigs coming from? Is that really a massive day one update? The severs are going to melt

Cuphead

Banned
The 40GB requirement includes the massive Destiny expansion next fall which will add Mercury, Europa, Phobos, and Saturn as explorable zones along with Old Chicago and Mumbai Push on Earth plus pew pew space combat.

BELIEVE!

old chicago!?
OffensiveIndolentBelugawhale.gif

bob page

I just can't remember a time a game felt like this much of an event. I mean there was watch dogs, but it's not quite the same. Destiny feels like it could be the next big thing. It was the first shared world game announced this gen (I'm gonna drink bungie's kool aid on that genre phrase because its quite evocative). Playing that beta and I know there was something to this game. Something you can't totally pin down, there's something about destiny that goes beyond its great mechanics it's got a bit of mysterious magic that all the best games have. I could be wrong and the magic doesn't set into a distinct rhythm eventually petering out l together. But Destiny could be the first Big IP to really stick this gen.
GTAV hype levels were insane like this, but nothing like it since then.

one thing i like about warlock/titan supers is if you are killed before actually unleashing the devastating super, you still have it at respawn. if you are caught off guard as a hunter using golden gun its lost forever. part of the trade-off i suppose, but i wonder if that'll change?

I love the Hunter super but I did always think that it should have a little boost for reasons like that. Longer time limit perhaps. Unused shots giving the super bar a boost if killed before use. Something like that.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
OMG - you're absolutely right...
3j8y4Wx.gif

Lee

now only thing to figure out will be drink option to go along, thinking whiskey, but might go a nice craft beer if I think first night is going to be a longer session.

Same dilemna. Thinking I might just have a few whiskey cokes, but I'm trying to stay up all night playing and be functional enough to be a dad in the morning.

Probably just have a frew brews and add then a nice irish coffee as the kids an wife wake up.

I've been killed mid transformation and got my power back. Us having multiple uses and being asked to get them back would be broken to me.

Can't believe in less than 2 days this baby will be out. Seems like I have been waiting forever. Gonna miss this feeling of anticipation in a way. I think the next game that will get me this hyped, or more, is only going to be Persona 5. That doesn't even have a concrete release date or any real details out yet... But a guy needs something to look forward to in the gaming life :p

Karl Hawk

Banned
I'm excited to see how much Bungie keeps up with the community.
Weekly updates n such

Yeah, that part in the weekly update:
Q. What are some other ways you plan on continuing to support Destiny, beyond content? Do you have any support/sustain plans in the works?

Our first few weeks are already set aside to be reactive to what the community teaches us. After that, we have plans and plans, but all of the details will depend on what we learn in the next two weeks.

Made me very interested what Bungie will bring in the many weeks/months to come for Destiny. ;)

darthbob

Yeah, that part in the weekly update:

Made me very interested what Bungie will bring in the many weeks/months to come for Destiny. ;)

I'm super stoked to see the post launch support that Bungie will provide for this game.

Like, Halo 3 had pretty good PLS what with DLC and playlist management, but with a game like Destiny they can do so much more.

Figments

Can't believe in less than 2 days this baby will be out. Seems like I have been waiting forever. Gonna miss this feeling of anticipation in a way. I think the next game that will get me this hyped, or more, is only going to be Persona 5. That doesn't even have a concrete release date or any real details out yet... But a guy needs something to look forward to in the gaming life :p

T minus 48 Hours remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom