• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

stay gold

Just saw that Amazon dispatched my order yesterday. I paid for 1 day delivery so hopefully it's awaiting me after work *crosses fingers*

Marvel

could never
Dax really needs to give the people what they want or risk the destruction of her empire.

That reminds me, can you add me on PSN. It seems most of the time when I want to search for PSN id's to add the OS decides to be a dick to me and not show anyone.

Mind adding me instead? PSN: Assassio

Cømet;128864645 said:
I hope Destiny gets some good quality books for expanding the universe, like Halo did. Wasn't interested in those, but am with this.

SAME here!!!

Realized there could be so many rad tie ins of other guardians' stories, fill in the years before the game opens. God, so much awesome potential.

DesertFox

Cømet;128864645 said:
I hope Destiny gets some good quality books for expanding the universe, like Halo did. Wasn't interested in those, but am with this.
The Halo books were quality for awhile. Intergalactic catnip. Never forgive, never forget.

Needs to be a titan move:
karatesteeler.0.gif
Oh wow this was gif'd already? Hahahaha

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Damn. I played all three classes during the alpha and beta, eventually settling on Hunter with Titan as a close second. I dont really have the time to be playing more than one class at first.

However this is really tempting.

one thing i like about warlock/titan supers is if you are killed before actually unleashing the devastating super, you still have it at respawn. if you are caught off guard as a hunter using golden gun its lost forever. part of the trade-off i suppose, but i wonder if that'll change?

oatmeal

Banned
What's the best deal for Destiny on the PS4? Digitally...

Target has the PSN cards for 12.5% off (buy one, get one 25% off)...so I can get some that way...

M.W.

So, still not sure if I should get the PS4 or Xbox One version. I'd have to get Live again but I do have more friends to play it on Xbox with. But I'm a sucker for getting the "best" version. I assume they're going to be pretty much identical?

TomShoe

Banned
So, still not sure if I should get the PS4 or Xbox One version. I'd have to get Live again but I do have more friends to play it on Xbox with. But I'm a sucker for getting the "best" version. I assume they're going to be pretty much identical?

Basically. I'm a graphics nut, but it depends on if you're going to be playing more with friends or Gaffers.

NoTacos

If you don't mind waiting for trivial dlc to be released to you, just stick with xbox. Your friends are already there.

A year from now I'd expect the game to run relatively the same on both platforms.

FLiP2345

Banned
Ok so if the digital version won't unlock till 3, and I already preloaded it, will I be able to at least start the rest of the download at midnight? Because 20 GBs sounds small and I'm assuming it's like the beta where you go in and download even more.

TomShoe

Banned
What's the best deal for Destiny on the PS4? Digitally...

Target has the PSN cards for 12.5% off (buy one, get one 25% off)...so I can get some that way...

Oooooh, you just missed it.

Yesterday, Target had a promotion, where if you traded in a select game, you got $20 guaranteed trade in value, plus 20% off of Destiny, retail.

I traded in my copy of Battlefield 4, now I'm picking up Destiny PS3 for about $28. I didn't really want to get rid of BF4, but I didn't play it that much anyways, and that was probably the best deal I was going to get for something I played more.

d00d3n

Did anyone else get a refused charge on their Destiny PSN preorder? The credit card works and there is money on it. I bought Minecraft the other day, where they gladly processed the payment from the same card. I can't believe this is happening after the ridiculous Infamous DLC debacle ...

Dante316

Ok so if the digital version won't unlock till 3, and I already preloaded it, will I be able to at least start the rest of the download at midnight? Because 20 GBs sounds small and I'm assuming it's like the beta where you go in and download even more.

Its the full game. 21 gb is not small at all lol.

oatmeal

Banned
Oooooh, you just missed it.

Yesterday, Target had a promotion, where if you traded in a select game, you got $20 guaranteed trade in value, plus 20% off of Destiny, retail.

I traded in my copy of Battlefield 4, now I'm picking up Destiny PS3 for about $28. I didn't really want to get rid of BF4, but I didn't play it that much anyways, and that was probably the best deal I was going to get for something I played more.

I'm all digital...don't have anything to trade in.

Pre-ordered the Digital Guardian Edition for PSN on Friday night. Looking forward to this more than any game I can recently remember and kind of regret not taking Tuesday off to have one of those play-all-day experiences I had back in my college days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom