• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
my set up. 60" panasonic s60. pardon the reflections (and children mess!) all my windows have steel shutters on them, so i game in near darkness during mid day (but enjoy the view when not gaming /brag).

duGbLl7.jpg

Namikaze1

My body is not ready for tomorrow. Class in the morning, 8 hour working shift immediately after, two hour bus drive home, and then staying up till the game is unlock. Fuck me.

So GAF,

What's the play for Flawless Raider? Six Titans all with max toughness and bubble shields?

Most likely, learning some tricks to get the bosses down as quickly as possible. I'm thinking stuff like LoS tricks, coordinated super equips and rotations, and probably some crazy kiting/aggro stuff.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Was this article mentioned yet?

Bungie Wants Destiny Day-One Reviews Might Not Tell The Whole Story

GS News Update - Destiny's Endgame Raids Only Playable With Friends, Don't Tell You Where to Go

With the Destiny launch just around the corner, you might be eager to read the first reviews as soon as they're published, but Bungie warns that these might not serve as the best appraisals of its "shared-world" first-person shooter.

According to Bungie community manager David "Deej" Dague, Destiny isn't a typical shooter. You could play through the story and some competitive multiplayer matches without too much interaction, but the best way to experience it is when the world is fully populated, with many players roaming about. Dague said that Bungie considered populating the game somehow for reviewers before the game's release, but decided that nothing was a suitable substitute to the live, public version of the game.

"We fully anticipate seeing day one reviews from folks who decide to kick the tires, but don’t have the time or patience to take our ride for a nice, long road trip," Dague said in the most recent Bungie Weekly Update. "Some of you might wait to pick up a copy until you read the final verdict from your most trusted review house. We’re okay with that. We’ve created something we’re proud of."

Dague also said that Destiny "really begins" at the level cap of 20, which is something you often hear about massively multiplayer online games like World of Warcraft. At that point, you can keep improving your Guardian by getting better gear and taking on the endgame raids with your friends. In fact, Dague recently said that you're not likely to "finish" the game anytime soon, if you ever do.

You can pre-load Destiny now before it launches on Tuesday, September 9 for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4.

my set up. 60" panasonic s60. pardon the reflections (and children mess!) all my windows have steel shutters on them, so i game in near darkness during mid day (but enjoy the view when not gaming /brag).

I have this same TV as 50''. Blackout curtains are amazing lol. Looks incredible.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Raid Party makeup should be

1-2 Titans, 1 bubble shield, 1 titan smash (can be swapped here)
2-3 Warlocks, 2 Sunsinger, 1 Void (this one can be replaced)
1-2 Hunters, 1 Arc blade, 1 Golden Gun (can be swapped here)

Why 2 sunsingers?, 1 to have the Respawn talent, while the other has the buff to make everyone around them stronger
Titan is necessary for Bubble Shield, I think a lot of the bosses in the Raid will have an overkill moment, where the shield will help immensely
Hunter for Arc Blade to clear clutter if trash pushes group backwards, almost clean up hitter in a sense, clears way to move forward

The other 3, can be a mix and match
Titan smash can be a clear out player also, Golden Gun can really damage the bosses health from long range, Voidwalker Warlock can cut off chokepoints and let teams adjust

Bold One

I preferred the upside down view. I insist you either flip your house or walk on your hands from now on.

Seriously though nice setup. I could live in that room.

Based on the Bungie weekly update Dead orbit is 100% for Warlocks.

And just like that Dead Orbit just took the lead

Cømet

Banned
GOD DAMN DGAF, SLOW DOWN. You're like a first time lover, play it slow baby! :lol

11k and rising, I can't keep up!

I had 1 friend before joining Gaf. Now I have 65 :-D

That's the way I'm going, it's wonderful :D I'm no good with adding people on PSN though, this is my first Sony console! You'd all be quicker adding me. Master titan at your service ;D ScrewAttack_

How many posts are you supposed to have before that unlocks?

At this rate, this thread will get us both into member status! :D

*facepalm*
I made you look like part of the ship and forgot about it so I put another avatar on your face oops.
Re-adding now!

hehehe it's kinda funny.

I could be the host no problem, I've a twitch account and decent upload speed,
should be cool streaming some game play with DGAF.

Prepare to listen to me scream as I die like a little bitch! Be gobsmacked as I raise from the dead and punch everything into oblivion!

I don't like skipping pages as there's undoubtedly fantastic stuff on each and every one, but every time I read a page a new one is made! Can't keep up gaf, take a chill pill!

Yoday

interesting! my PS4 is noisy when vertical fan wise yet dead silent horizontal.

I'll get a stand asap.
The side that the PS4 stands on when vertical is where the main air intake vents are located. The stand has slits along the base that allow for more airflow when vertical. If you have your PS4 vertical without the stand then the only airflow it is getting for those vents comes from the indents in the front and the back of the PS4. There is no way I would keep my PS4 vertical for any extended period without the stand.

X-Frame

These setup pictures are making me want to go out and get a new TV right now.

I did research for the last 30 minutes -- decided that the Sony W600B 40" is the best gaming LED TV out right now. Hmm ..

Why 2 sunsingers?, 1 to have the Respawn talent, while the other has the buff to make everyone around them stronger
Titan is necessary for Bubble Shield, I think a lot of the bosses in the Raid will have an overkill moment, where the shield will help immensely
Hunter for Arc Blade to clear clutter if trash pushes group backwards, almost clean up hitter in a sense, clears way to move forward

Titan smash can be a clear out player also, Golden Gun can really damage the bosses health from long range, Voidwalker Warlock can cut off chokepoints and let teams adjust

This seems like a general raid makeup. The ressurecting super would be useless in a Flawless Raider attempt though.

Cømet

Banned

duGbLl7.jpg

OMG that's a sexy setup. Can I live with you? I'm tidy :3

Most likely, learning some tricks to get the bosses down as quickly as possible. I'm thinking stuff like LoS tricks, coordinated super equips and rotations, and probably some crazy kiting/aggro stuff.

I'm hoping the raids/late-game strikes are pretty challenging. I know they've been talking up how proud they are of their difficulty, but we'll see.

As far as party composition goes, I'm guessing Defender Titan and Sunsinger Warlock will be very valuable to have, but the classes aren't going to make as much of a difference as they do in most MMOs.

Marvel

could never
The side that the PS4 stands on when vertical is where the main air intake vents are located. The stand has slits along the base that allow for more airflow when vertical. If you have your PS4 vertical without the stand then the only airflow it is getting for those vents comes from the indents in the front and the back of the PS4. There is no way I would keep my PS4 vertical for any extended period without the stand.
Damn, good to know!

*sets PS4 horizontal*

As far as party composition goes, I'm guessing Defender Titan and Sunsinger Warlock will be very valuable to have, but the classes aren't going to make as much of a difference as they do in most MMOs.

Maybe not, but getting through without anyone dying will probably require some special tactics.

Respect

Cømet;128903324 said:
GOD DAMN DGAF, SLOW DOWN. You're like a first time lover, play it slow baby! :lol

11k and rising, I can't keep up!

Indeed, I gave up on keeping up...I got post #9914 though, I can leave OT1 happy with that knowledge.

Sirim

Suddenly my dinky little rented house at my university just ain't cuttin' it.

I'm sure I'll forget my surroundings as soon as I boot up Destiny, though.

NoTacos

I'm considering Seven Seraphs or Osiris at the moment. When Tuesday comes around, hopefully more info will be released concerning factions.

Jafo_

Agreed
As you can see in this, the arc blade recharges up after kills, It's call Encore, and will come in handy

Foxix Von

I'm hoping the raids/late-game strikes are pretty challenging. I know they've been talking up how proud they are of their difficulty, but we'll see.

I'm not too worried about it. The alpha build had a strike mission you could take on in a much harder difficulty than what was allowed in the beta.

It was brutal and some of the most fun I've had in a game since PSO.

BLCKATK

Suddenly my dinky little rented house at my university just ain't cuttin' it.

I'm sure I'll forget my surroundings as soon as I boot up Destiny, though.

That feel, I know it well.

My set up isn't nearly as amazing and I'll playing on Last-Gen. But I'm still a Guardian just like everyone else!

...Right?

Maybe not, but getting through without anyone dying will probably require some special tactics.

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's going to take a lot of practice.

I'm not too worried about it. The alpha build had a strike mission you could take on in a much harder difficulty than what was allowed in the beta.

It was brutal and some of the most fun I've had in a game since PSO.

Nice, good to hear. I'm not the best at FPS games anyway; don't really play them too much. But I'm looking forward to working together in a group and playing more of a support role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom