• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achronos

I'll try again tomorrow, gotta crash tonight.

I can't unlink Live from my main account, it says I need a secondary. I tried linking Google, but it says its in use. Yet it's not linked to either profile. Same situation over on the PSN side. I'm flummoxed.

Until very recently, here was a bug that could get an account into a state where bnet thinks it is linked even if it isn't. Here's what to do, assuming you have Account A as your main account with WLID/XBL linked to it, and Account B with a PSN account linked to it.

1. Create a new google login using google accounts. Do NOT sign into bungie.net with his account.
2. Sign into bungie.net with you PSN account. If it sends you to account creation, create a profile (we'll abandon it, but you account is "stuck" because of the bug I mentioned).
3. Go to account settings while still signed into you bnet account, and link your newly created google account.
4. Sign out of bungie.net.
5. Sign into bungie.net using you Google Account.
6. Go back to account settings, unlink you PSN account.
7. Sign out of bungie.net.
8. Sign into bungie.net with you main bnet profile using WLID. This is the profile you'll be keeping.
9. Go to account settings, and link your PSN account.
10. You are done. If you encounter further problems, please post on #Help on bungie.net with a detailed account of the issue, we'll try and help out.

We realize that this is complicated even without the bug (again, since fixed). We hope to make this better in the future, but that will have to come later.

Trace

Banned
I still think it's weird that people form identities and "teams" over how they buy their games. Now let's get back to talking about how Hunters are the best class.

HUNTERS ARE AVERAGE CLASS.

Titans > Hunters > Warlocks.

This has been confirmed for over a hundred pages now, we don't need another discussion.

Please do.

mid83

I haven't followed much since beta. Has there been any confirmation of just how big the game is? I know people seemed pretty frustrated when it was said there would be one big area per planet/moon. I didn't follow after so I have no clue if any other info was released later.

It doesn't matter much to me either way, I'm just curious though. I know there was a lot of speculation back in that thread.

I haven't followed much since beta. Has there been any confirmation of just how big the game is? I know people seemed pretty frustrated when it was said there would be one big area per planet/moon. I didn't follow after so I have no clue if any other info was released later.

It doesn't matter much to me either way, I'm just curious though. I know there was a lot of speculation back in that thread.

I'd like to know as well, actually. Because if so the scope of the game would seem incredibly limited compared to how big they're hyping it up.

mid83

How do you know if the PSN preload was completed? I just downloaded a couple small files and I'm already getting the countdown timer when I open Destiny. I figured I'd have a big 20+ gig download.

Futaba

23 hours 20 minutes...
Also my ghost edition preorder with gamestop US still hasn't shipped (to a us address).

Come on digital copy, unlock!
How do you know if the PSN preload was completed? I just downloaded a couple small files and I'm already getting the countdown timer when I open Destiny. I figured I'd have a big 20+ gig download.
Highlight game icon, hit options button, check information and it'll show you current amount downloaded.

Press Options button when highlighting Destiny game and then go to information.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So, 249 pages on the OT and the game isn't out yet. Has ever been anything like that on Gaf?
Yeah, a lot of big games have this much hype. Nothing will ever surpass Smash Bros, though.

dcassell

Banned
Hey guys, decided to pick this up at midnight tomorrow. Hype has gotten to me, and I enjoyed the hour or so of the beta I got to play (12 hour work days killed me in July). Feel free to add my PSN. I'll be playing on PS4 for most of the week.

PSN: casselld

pronk420

my amazon order shipped on saturday so its possible it will arrive today

if i play it will i get banned from the playstation psn network or something?

ironically i might not have time to play anyway

I'm still torn on which class to pick. I played Warlock in the alpha & beta for obvious reasons, but I'm considering switching it up. Trying to think what'd be best with my sniper play-style...

Zakalwe

Banned
I'd like to know as well, actually. Because if so the scope of the game would seem incredibly limited compared to how big they're hyping it up.

They're not hyping it up like that.

The one thing they've said is they have a ten year plan. This game will grow via updates and new iterations.

If it has the same amount of content as your average $60 game then it will be fine. The social aspects and pvp will provide the staying power.

JimPanzer

I'm still undecided which class to play. In classic MMO's I always played a heal/support role and I like to do this in Destiny too. My guess is Defender Titan would be the best choice, but I don't really want to "tank" (if there is something like that in Destiny). Is there any other class closer to a classic support role?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Public Service Announcement!

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but if you're an Xbone player and are thinking of changing your time zone to try and play Destiny early, you won't be able to switch it back for three months.

At least that's what someone in the other thread said.
Apparently that's for a different setting. See here for clarification.

immodicus

Neo Member
Final stretch folks!
I know a lot of us are going stir-crazy sitting around waiting. I tried to pass the time this evening working on this tribute in photoshop. Made with one of my film shots, two textures, layer masks, brush work and lighting. The higher-res looks way better, but I can't attach images here, and don't feel like uploading this into my portfolio site tonight, so linking instagram will have to do. My handle there is the same as here if you're curious. Eleven more hours.

10666272_559403604188115_2085077295_n.jpg

HighOnPCP

Does anybody know how the story co-op will work? Like, let's say I start playing at midnight and get to level 10 and do 15 story missions or whatever. Then my brother gets it the next day and we wanna join up for some co-op story mission fun...how would that work? Can I just replay the ones I played already even though level difference & progress difference?

Grassy

That's great, though I have the digital version on my US account, so I hope it unlocks at 10pm.

Same here, though I purchased with my US account but will be playing with my AUS account. It's still saying it will unlock in ~23 hours...if I could get in a few hours tonight it would be awesome.

READY AS FUCK

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but if you're an Xbone player and are thinking of changing your time zone to try and play Destiny early, you won't be able to switch it back for three months.

Absolute rubbish. I've done it multiple times since launch. Australian Xbox One user here that buys from the USA Xbox Marketplace often.

Rosur

Won't be able play this untill Tuesday afternoon/ evening now. Hopefully by then the PSN issues are fixed and servers are stable. The one thing I'm glad about is it's releasing on a Tuesday rather than Friday.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

This is false.

The person is talking about switching regions of your account.

If you just switch regions of your console, that can be changed anytime.
You just need to restart your console after changing regions.

Nugg

So, a quick follow up to my post from saturday.

Amazon France cancelled a whole lot of Ghost edition preorders at the very last minute, mine included. I don't know if other GAFfers are in this case.

The official word from Amazon is that they didn't receive enough stock, so they had to cancel later orders and work on a first come first served basis. This is actually bullshit.

What really happened, is that they created the Ghost edition in their database on or around July 9th, and started taking preorders then, while stock lasted (three or four days).

Around August 20th, they decided for some reason to rename the Ghost edition page to the official french name "Edition Spectre". This created a bug or some shit in their database, and that "Edition Spectre" went for sale on the site even though it was out of stock. A lot of people preordered it then, until it went back out of stock.

What's happening now, is Amazon fulfilling preorders of that "Edition Spectre" made after August 20th, and canceling every old preorder made back in July.

This is beyond fucked, they won't admit it, and they're not offering any kind of compensation.

Bold One

So, a quick follow up to my post from saturday.

Amazon France cancelled a whole lot of Ghost edition preorders at the very last minute, mine included. I don't know if other GAFfers are in this case.

The official word from Amazon is that they didn't receive enough stock, so they had to cancel later orders and work on a first come first served basis. This is actually bullshit.

What really happened, is that they created the Ghost edition in their database on or around July 9th, and started taking preorders then, while stock lasted (three or four days).

Around August 20th, they decided for some reason to rename the Ghost edition page to the official french name "Edition Spectre". This created a bug or some shit in their database, and that "Edition Spectre" went for sale on the site even though it was out of stock. A lot of people preordered it then, until it went back out of stock.

What's happening now, is Amazon fulfilling preorders of that "Edition Spectre" made after August 20th, and canceling every old preorder made back in July.

This is beyond fucked, they won't admit it, and they're not offering any kind of compensation.

Amazon has gotten too big

Xater

I'm still undecided which class to play. In classic MMO's I always played a heal/support role and I like to do this in Destiny too. My guess is Defender Titan would be the best choice, but I don't really want to "tank" (if there is something like that in Destiny). Is there any other class closer to a classic support role?

Actually the you want to play a Sunsinger Warlock. Then you can revive other players and boost your fireteam's abilities.

Pop

Does anybody know how the story co-op will work? Like, let's say I start playing at midnight and get to level 10 and do 15 story missions or whatever. Then my brother gets it the next day and we wanna join up for some co-op story mission fun...how would that work? Can I just replay the ones I played already even though level difference & progress difference?

In the beta you could. So I would assume it would still be that way.

bombshell

The host in your fireteam decides what mission to play and every mission is re-playable from the map screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom