• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, though I purchased with my US account but will be playing with my AUS account. It's still saying it will unlock in ~23 hours...if I could get in a few hours tonight it would be awesome.

READY AS FUCK

Yeah showing me 23 hours too :(

Hoping it unlocks earlier. 10pm AEST is only 4 hours away!

Daffy Duck

I wasn't blown away by the beta at all, but as this thing gets so close to release I can feel myself being drawn into the hype......

MUST.STAY.STRONG.NOT.ENOUGH.TIME.

Linconan

Feels like i'm a 5yr old getting smacked on the wrist for wanting a cookie.. You cooked that shit bitch, now give me a taste!!!!

Can't even create a charactor,
Can't access Options to set up anything, to get ready.
Can't even access the Trophies.
You buy a Game and can't even access anything...*sigh

uuugggh
Can't wait though... *giggles*

Xater

Feels like i'm a 5yr old getting smacked on the wrist for wanting a cookie.. You cooked that shit bitch, now give me a taste!!!!

uuugggh

Servers are supposed to get turned on in slightly under 4 hours from now. You can play soon!

Pop

uuugggh

The pain is real

SirNinja

Only 23 hours left until this thing unlocks for me. Can't believe we're this close!

This will likely be PSN's biggest test yet. I really, really hope they're up to it.

bombshell

I wasn't blown away by the beta at all, but as this thing gets so close to release I can feel myself being drawn into the hype......

MUST.STAY.STRONG.NOT.ENOUGH.TIME.

You know you want to join us in the hype

i7cv0VK4wFPYd.gif

Skele7on

Banned
hey guys,

can anyone link me to a sound clip of "a wizard that came from the moon?"

Want it for a band song I am doing.

Cheers!!

Also today is gonna drag like a mother....

I knew I shouldn't have taken the day off!

IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE GUARDIANS!

I AM ON T-MINUS 14 HOURS!

Marvel

could never
It hasn't really sunk in that I could be playing Destiny in just a few short hours if Amazon have decided to get my LE to me today...

Could you guys answer a question for me?
I'm getting the Ghost edition of the game as well as the PS4 bundle.

The question is, should I play using the digital code or the disc? Is there any kind of performance difference?

Garland7G

ok, so it's pretty close to what shaman was in WoW?

No one knows for sure since they weren't playable in the alpha/beta. You can go on the bungie site and check the skill trees of the classes and see which one is more healer-ish.
Having said that, it does seem like a shammy though, because its super is basically buffs. ;)

Xater

The question is, should I play using the digital code or the disc? Is there any kind of performance difference?

Even disc games will be completely installed on your PS4. The disc is basically just there to make sure you have the game. There should not be any difference.

bombshell

They are both physical, no? At least that's what I thought Sony is doing in all their bundles.

But if they are not, physical gets fully installed too, so no performance difference.

Skele7on

Banned
It hasn't really sunk in that I could be playing Destiny in just a few short hours if Amazon have decided to get my LE to me today...

Sweet mother of god.....

This is why I wish Amazon did the Ghost edition in the UK.....

If servers are up. I may try access my xbox copy in a bit.....

Also what are the times servers are up for each country?

Kane1345

Morning people!

Can't be fucked to read 23 pages (you people are crazy :D)

Are #teamphysical ready to play? Got yours yet Marvel?

mid83

So, a quick follow up to my post from saturday.

Amazon France cancelled a whole lot of Ghost edition preorders at the very last minute, mine included. I don't know if other GAFfers are in this case.

The official word from Amazon is that they didn't receive enough stock, so they had to cancel later orders and work on a first come first served basis. This is actually bullshit.

What really happened, is that they created the Ghost edition in their database on or around July 9th, and started taking preorders then, while stock lasted (three or four days).

Around August 20th, they decided for some reason to rename the Ghost edition page to the official french name "Edition Spectre". This created a bug or some shit in their database, and that "Edition Spectre" went for sale on the site even though it was out of stock. A lot of people preordered it then, until it went back out of stock.

What's happening now, is Amazon fulfilling preorders of that "Edition Spectre" made after August 20th, and canceling every old preorder made back in July.

This is beyond fucked, they won't admit it, and they're not offering any kind of compensation.

I'm not too happy with Amazon either. I preordered my PS4 copy back in October/November last year. I've been checking all weekend and about an hour ago I saw that my delivery was delayed until late this week.

I went ahead and canceled.

Xater

Sweet mother of god.....

This is why I wish Amazon did the Ghost edition in the UK.....

If servers are up. I may try access my xbox copy in a bit.....

Also what are the times servers are up for each country?

Servers in general are up in 3 hours and 40 minutes. Giantbomb will for example start streaming it then.

Linconan

Servers are supposed to get turned on in slightly under 4 hours from now. You can play soon!
Frustrating as fuck.
So pumped, lol, can't wait.

Added frustration because..
And,
My kids have been pumped to watch, they enjoyed watching when i played the Beta.
"oh look, Halo!..."
erm, nahhhh, well,..*nods*, yeah.
I took me 3yr old to the post office as he wanted to collect, you should've seen his little heart break when i told him i cant play it yet,lol.
Sadly, they'll be in bed by the time it opens, and i've been putting up with them hassling to play it,lol, and know it's going to be a battle to get them too.
Iol
Anyway, one fathers rant. LOL

DOWN

Banned
I keep starting up the Alpha and Betas on PS4 just to feel like I'm closer by watching the logo splashes and title screen (which is oddly prettier in the Alpha since there's no disclosures written on the title screen).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a list of XBONE gamertags for the Destiny launch? Been looking at the main page and nothing :(
I'll be on XB1! My GT = kittens dx.

And what do you mean by main page? Spawnling's OP (original post)?

DOWN

Banned

Uh wait, does the bundle include a digital copy of the game, or you bought two?

I'm pretty sure it only includes a disc copy, but there's no difference in performance from a PSN copy because the full disc is installed anyway.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I can't believe I'm driving to Bellevue at 4 AM to get a tour of Bungie at noon.

I'm gonna be so dead at school tomorrow.

Worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom