• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
I just pray that the updates don't take six hours....

If they do, just grab something to eat while you wait and post here.
itVpcHskYARjQ.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Who all is going digital and why?

I'm on the fence.

Digital, will always have, will never sell, save $5 for buying the limited edition digitally
No need to insert disc
Always there, even if needed to make space, delete, can re-download any time when expansions drop
Pre-Load on X1 live already, PS4 on the 7th
Game servers for NA go live @3:00 AM EST on the 9th, so even if you go retail you'll have to wait and most likely disc will make you install the whole game to the HDD, so why not get digital from the start

Playing this for at least 6+ months, Digital
< 2 months Retail

Not a clans friend list (we didn't get the full social hub during the BETA)

You do have a tab that covers the social aspect, where all your friends from PSN are listed
The game tell you where each 10 of them are doing (you just press R2/L2 to scroll pages)

People playing Destiny will be always at the start
You can highlight a name, and options appear, you can see if there are in a fireteam or doing a strike or in PVP
You can jump into their group instantaneously if space

It was OK in BETA, could use some tweaks and hopefully this Friday when Bungie does their last Destiny update before launch goes live, they will be talking about all the social aspects

So wait till Friday night for info to be plastered into this thread and dissected by us armchair quarterbacks Guardians!

Thanks for the detailed response I didn't play the beta and have only decided to get the game in the last week so I know little about the game. Spent the last few days just watching videos and lurking in Destiny threads.

KOHIPEET

I'm on the fence.

-I know I will NEVER sell this game. (aside from extreme financial reasons ofc)
-No disc needed.
-I can pre-load.

But the most important of all:
-I get to play the game from the very first moment the servers go up. EDIT: At 9:00 am local time. So when I wake up, Destiny will be there on my baby!

Skele7on

Banned
If they do, just grab something to eat while you wait and post here.
itVpcHskYARjQ.gif

haha, well I will do some DestinyGAF stuff whilst I wait.

I mean I have a fast internet connection. But the amount of people hammering the updates will probably cause them to download slower than usual.

But oh well worst comes to worst I will just play on my xbox until the Sony updates finish!

I actually dislike Preloading so much, it's a cool feature, but it sitting there and looking at me but if I go to access it just says come back 9/9 is driving me crazy.

I should unpin from dashboard

C.Dark.DN

Banned

I'm on the fence.
I'm getting the bundle so I'll be physical. I'd probably go digital guardian edition from gamestop otherwise. Discount on expansions, extra dlc, and the gamestop mount.

Since this game is always online, most of my digital reserves are kind of moot. The only one remaining is reselling and I don't think I would.

neoism

Wooow OT already just got my TV so I can play this. Is there a thread for gamer tags my PSN is ne0ism- please friend me can't wait to get my ps4 :D

Skele7on

Banned
Unlucky to anyone who ordered online, and have to wait for a parcel.

That wait would be a killer, I remember my Halo Reach didn't come till 3pm, the delivery guy apologized said it had been a crazy crazy day.

I was seriously not amused though...

I pre loaded on Xbox one. Can't wait for that slow frame rate!

Why be like that?

biteren

alright, due to some budgeting, i may have to put this on hold for a bit, but i got a idea on the kind of mask to get now, ill still wear the armband in honor of my Warlock brethren

Strider

I ended up getting the digital version. I usually always go physical but I didn't feel like waiting until 8 pm to get the game since I usually order from Amazon. I'm kinda regretting it though.... oh well.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I ended up getting the digital version. I usually always go physical but I didn't feel like waiting until 8 pm to get the game since I usually order from Amazon. I'm kinda regretting it though.... oh well.

You'll enjoy it, hope it was the PS4, can fireteam it up with me for glorious hours of hunting stuff and earning trophies in the process, if X1 or last gen, tough luck sir, I can be at your side or be of service

Whoever was saying you will change your time zone to play the digital version early, that won't work. On Xbox one, on the game management page for the preload, it says the game becomes available at 12am PST. It does not say 12am "your local time." Changing your time zone does nothing, since you can't change when 12am PST is.

The only way to play early is to have a physical copy of the game. Whenever the servers go up, you can play. Again, changing your time zone will do nothing, since the servers aren't going live on a per time zone basis. They just go live.

Strider

You'll enjoy it, hope it was the PS4, can fireteam it up with me for glorious hours of hunting stuff and earning trophies in the process, if X1 or last gen, tough luck sir, I can be at your side or be of service

It's the PS4 version.

Speaking of trophies I'm definitely going for the platinum in this. Feel like it's gonna take a looooong time though.

my body is ready

SnakeEyes

Banned
It's the PS4 version.

Speaking of trophies I'm definitely going for the platinum in this. Feel like it's gonna take a looooong time though.

my body is ready
"Complete a Raid without dying" while keep you busy, especially since it means that all members of your Fireteam can't die.

Griss

Really glad there was an open beta as I was going to buy this day 1 before I tried it.

There was a lot to be impressed by, no doubt, and I'm not arguing that the beta was indicative of a bad game - not at all - but there were far too many issues that kept me from having fun on my way to level 8 so I reckon I'll hold off.

If people really freak out about how good the rest of the content is then I'm likely to play it at some point, just not for 70 euros. Everyone getting it day 1 - have fun!

p3tran

Banned
holly fuck! I just saw the OP is up, and here I am in post #....1236 !!!

anyway, I am already set-up with digital guardian, ready and waiting for 9/9

8)

Skele7on

Banned
Deliveries where I live come at about 11am, latest 11:30am so not toooo bad I suppose. Still happier with physical.

Yeah I am personally running to GAME for the midnight release, picking up my ghost edition then jumping back on the 7 min bus ride home.

I will try to hold myself back from having full on love with my little ghost.....

NO PROMISES!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah I am personally running to GAME for the midnight release, picking up my ghost edition then jumping back on the 7 min bus ride home.

I will try to hold myself back from having full on love with my little ghost.....

NO PROMISES!
I'm going to mug you.

airjoca

I'm on the fence.

I'm going US Digital because it's cheaper than buying it here (EU).

If I could get my hands on the limited edition i'd probably go for it, but theres news in Portugal about retailers receiving only 20% of what they were promised to get in stock of the Ghost and Limited editions.

jaosobno

I'm on the fence.

1. Preload, will be ready to play as soon as the servers unlock, don't have to go to retail store.

2. US PSN Store. I'm European and Destiny price in Europe is ~ $100. Much cheaper to buy $60 US digital version and not risk import charges when ordering from US retail.

3. Don't have to deal with discs.

Strider

I wonder why they limited it to 3 guardian slots per user? Seems really limited. You either play each guardian class or try out different subclasses... can't do both if you want.

Why not just make it 6 slots?

Skele7on

Banned
I wonder why they limited it to 3 guardian slots per user? Seems really limited. You either play each guardian class or try out different subclasses... can't do both if you want.

Why not just make it 6 slots?

you can actually change your specs on the fly anyway for each of the sub classes.

The only time you can lock it is when you want to. :)

So really you only get 3 slots so just have one for each and just never lock your talent tree.

How n00b friendly is the game? I'm tempted to go digital on PS4 but i won't bother if it's going to be difficult to join in as someone who hasn't been pwning n00bs online since 1995. Offline, yes; online, hardly touched it.

What was the atmosphere and community like on the Beta? I know there's an online SP campaign but i suspect the real meat is grinding the missions for loot with a clan.

I'll probably hold off a while but my impulse to buy is strong.

Yoday

"Complete a Raid without dying" while keep you busy, especially since it means that all members of your Fireteam can't die.
That will be difficult at first, but if new tiers of gear are introduced in expansions it will get easier over time. Go into the normal mode of vault of glass after getting some hard mode gear from the second raid and it should he a breeze.

Skele7on

Banned
Oh yea. Derp :p forgot you had to actually lock in your abilities. So yea it's not so bad then.

It's fine Guardian, you're only just awaking from your slumber ;)

I wonder if it will be person specific or whole group dependent, if it's group then hell yes it will.....

Also at least it's not this all over again:

Endure_achievement.png

Vidmaster Challenge: Endure

I remember this taking literally HOURS to do.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom