• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm actually looking forward to my physical stuff I'm getting with the LE.

Since we'll be updating before the rest of the world, I'm hoping the servers aren't too hammered and the download takes bugger all time.. anything <2 hours would be optimal/awesome. Factor in travel to/from midnight EB Games thing...

....well If I can be playing Destiny by 3:00am NZT, I will be frabjous as frak.

All nighter ahoy.

Wallach

you can actually change your specs on the fly anyway for each of the sub classes.

The only time you can lock it is when you want to. :)

So really you only get 3 slots so just have one for each and just never lock your talent tree.

From what I understand, even if you lock in a subclass' talents, you not only can still swap to the other subclass but you unlock another "copy" of the locked-in subclass (with reset but accelerated rate of progress) for you to build a different way if you want to put in the time. Sort of like building long-term subclass loadouts.

Marvel

could never
How n00b friendly is the game? I'm tempted to go digital on PS4 but i won't bother if it's going to be difficult to join in as someone who hasn't been pwning n00bs online since 1995. Offline, yes; online, hardly touched it.

The first day of Alpha and Beta I noticed the majority sucked, after 8 hours or so I noticed a drastic leap in skill (DGAF still handled em tho lol)

I think as it's an FPS a lot of people will be able to deal with those who aren't as experienced or like you say pwning noobs since 1995 lol. You may struggle... especially with each classes Super Attack thrown in.

Iron Banner event is the only time your gear matters wise, so only try it if you're tooled up with the best stuff. Default Crucible is stat free and even.

I feel you would enjoy this game if you party up with us gaffers, but if not the co-op action will keep you happy I'm sure.

My psn is Assassio, should you wish to join me in pvp or co-op fun! I play every mode.

WITHE1982

How n00b friendly is the game? I'm tempted to go digital on PS4 but i won't bother if it's going to be difficult to join in as someone who hasn't been pwning n00bs online since 1995. Offline, yes; online, hardly touched it.

What was the atmosphere and community like on the Beta? I know there's an online SP campaign but i suspect the real meat is grinding the missions for loot with a clan.

I'll probably hold off a while but my impulse to buy is strong.

It's actually very n00b friendly due to the weapon and armor stats in competitive modes all being equal whatever level you're at. You all start from near enough an even playing field.

Leveling up is meant to be quite quick in SP (apparently you can reach level cap in 1-2 days) so I wouldn't worry about having to grind. It's more about looting.

Geoff9920

Between this, Bloodborne, and Persona 5 (in 2015), I've decided to bite the bullet and grab my first next gen console. Ordered the PS4 destiny bundle. I've only seen footage so I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it for the first time next week.

I keep going back and forth between which class to play. At a surface level they don't appear to be that differently from one another... do they each fall under a more traditional MMO-ish role (Tank / Healer / DPS)? The Titan seems fairly tanky / defense oriented but I can't quite place the other two as they both seem fairly DPS focused. What's the playstyle difference between a hunter / warlock in a group setting?

Lord Phol

Selling platforms is stupid unless you are unemployed and need the cash.

Well I'm barely using it and I'm a bit annoyed having spent money on it with it just sitting there. I do have job so I could just buy the PS4 Destiny Bundle, but I don't want to have consoles just lying around collecting dust since I'm mainly a PC-user.

On ther other hand I'm getting a child in november, but damn it looks so glorious and people are so hyped D:.

Skele7on

Banned
Well I'm barely using it and I'm a bit annoyed having spent money on it with it just sitting there. I do have job so I could just buy the PS4 Destiny Bundle, but I don't want to have consoles just lying around collecting dust since I'm mainly a PC-user.

On ther other hand I'm getting a child in november, but damn it looks so glorious and people are so hyped D:.

How do you simply "Get" a child?

Between this, Bloodborne, and Persona 5 (in 2015), I've decided to bite the bullet and grab my first next gen console. Ordered the PS4 destiny bundle. I've only seen footage so I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it for the first time next week.

I keep going back and forth between which class to play. At a surface level they don't appear to be that differently from one another... do they each fall under a more traditional MMO-ish role (Tank / Healer / DPS)? The Titan seems fairly tanky / defense oriented but I can't quite place the other two as they both seem fairly DPS focused. What's the playstyle difference between a hunter / warlock in a group setting?

The hunter is your main DPS build. And also warlock has a second subclass that would make you more of a healer than DPS user.

Jafo_

I think Target sells them. ;-)

&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#2972;&#1769;&#1758;&#1769;&#2972;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;

&#65320;&#65320;&#65320;&#65317;&#65320;&#65317;&#65320;&#65317;&#65320;&#65317;&#65320;&#65317;&#65320;&#65317;&#65320;&#65317;&#65320;&#65317;&#65320;&#65317;.

&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#2972;&#1769;&#1758;&#1769;&#2972;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;&#9644;

Hopefully Dax isn't buried under a collapsed pile of dresses.

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI.gif

She did go a bit crazy about dresses in the withdrawal thread (says the guy obsessed with space beards).

I have the white Destiny PS4 preordered (so my wife can play co-op with me) and I just realized that no where is it listed that it comes with the expansion pass. I already have purchased the expansion pass because I've preordered the Ghost Edition for the game room PS4. The gaming room PS4 is setup as my primary console and will remain that way. It will be easy enough to download the expansion material to the white PS4 as well. I've never had two PlayStation consoles at the same time so I'm unfamiliar with how they deal with licensing across multiple consoles.

While playing co-op with me, will my wife be able to access the expansion material downloaded to the console when it comes out?

Skele7on

Banned
36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI.gif

She did go a bit crazy about dresses in the withdrawal thread (says the guy obsessed with space beards).

I have the white Destiny PS4 preordered (so my wife can play co-op with me) and I just realized that no where is it listed that it comes with the expansion pass. I already have purchased the expansion pass because I've preordered the Ghost Edition for the game room PS4. The gaming room PS4 is setup as my primary console and will remain that way. It will be easy enough to download the expansion material to the white PS4 as well. I've never had two PlayStation consoles at the same time so I'm unfamiliar with how they deal with licensing across multiple consoles.

While playing co-op with me, will my wife be able to access the expansion material downloaded to the console when it comes out?

Console comes with game and no expansion pass friend.

Canadian

Has anyone played the 360/PS3 beta? I'm thinking of picking up the last gen version and would like to hear impressions from people who had the chance to play it.

Marvel

could never
The ships you spotted in the planet viewer were just sneaky peaky looks at the PS Exclusive offerings.

To be clear you do not have to do the planet viewer to get said ships, we'll all have them regardless.

JNA

Banned
Can't wait. :D

I played Hunter for most of Beta but will probably start out as a Warlock considering how OP they were in the Beta. At least IMO.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
All the E3 stuff and hype passed me by, but after trying the beta I got hit hard- really excited about this now.

Rolling Hunter, just like the beta. Can't wait.

Jafo_

how much stuff is there that is exclusive to planet view?

Anything worth hunting for?

prize.png

Found 2 unmarked paths, 1 on the moon and 1 on venus, tried different paths, moon, mars, venus and other combinations, still only ever got this for "competing" it. :(

The first day of Alpha and Beta I noticed the majority sucked, after 8 hours or so I noticed a drastic leap in skill (DGAF still handled em tho lol)

I think as it's an FPS a lot of people will be able to deal with those who aren't as experienced or like you say pwning noobs since 1995 lol. You may struggle... especially with each classes Super Attack thrown in.

Iron Banner event is the only time your gear matters wise, so only try it if you're tooled up with the best stuff. Default Crucible is stat free and even.

I feel you would enjoy this game if you party up with us gaffers, but if not the co-op action will keep you happy I'm sure.

My psn is Assassio, should you wish to join me in pvp or co-op fun! I play every mode.

It's actually very n00b friendly due to the weapon and armor stats in competitive modes all being equal whatever level you're at. You all start from near enough an even playing field.

Leveling up is meant to be quite quick in SP (apparently you can reach level cap in 1-2 days) so I wouldn't worry about having to grind. It's more about looting.

Damn you both! My urge to splurge has risen, you were supposed to reply with "GTFO n00b!" not "Come on in, it'll be fine i'm sure." Gits.

As for the 1995 remark, i'm old but haven't gone online with an FPS ever so i'm rusty as fuck compared to everyone else. I expect to wear out many silver platters due to my butt being given back to me so frequently. I might register my online name as "ballast" lol!

Respect

Still hyped, however, I'm not excited to hear the announcer's voice in The Crucible again. :(

I hope they had him go back and redo his lines.

Your opinion seemed to be the popular opinion, but I really liked the announcer. I know he wasn't, but he reminded me of Chiwetel Ejiofor.

MV5BNzA5MDEyMTY3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ0MjcxMDE@._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

"Complete a Raid without dying" while keep you busy, especially since it means that all members of your Fireteam can't die.

The one thing I hate about these kinds of achievements is that is since this is an MMO, all it takes is one member to get a lag spike at a bad time and you're done until next week.

I wonder why they limited it to 3 guardian slots per user? Seems really limited. You either play each guardian class or try out different subclasses... can't do both if you want.

Why not just make it 6 slots?

If the rumor that the "lock" option is gone turns out to be true, I'm am okay with this, since you can respec on the fly. If lock-in option still exists, I agree, there need to be more slots.

How do you simply "Get" a child?

From the Stork right? My mom didn't lie to me did she?

Spawnling

Just updated to the OP as you guys were discussing the DGE, ALSO includes the "Collector's Edition Digital Content (an in-game Ghost skin, player emblem, and ship skin)" after realizing that it was missing. It's been updated.

WITHE1982

So is there just the two PlayStation exclusive ships and the emblem on Destiny Planet View? No other bonuses lurking right?

PS gets 3 exclusive ships, 2 weapons and exclusive armors for all 3 classes.

Pre-order gets you Vanguard weapons early, a ghost skin and (depending on where you pre-order) a red sparrow.

I believe it's all listed in the rather spiffing OT.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Played Titan in the beta and can't wait to start one over again and smash stuff in the face for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom