• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

Going from the alpha/beta, how accessible is the PvP? The only online MP experience I've really had was playing TLOU which was very slow and tactical in comparison. I'll still definitely invest time regardless.

Respect

This thread needs more dancing...

ifKHufY9g0lDQ.gif

i49TcL8Rgd9f8.gif

X50NPcK.jpg

PS gets 3 exclusive ships, 2 weapons and exclusive armors for all 3 classes.

Pre-order gets you Vanguard weapons early, a ghost skin and (depending on where you pre-order) a red sparrow.

I believe it's all listed in the rather spiffing OT.

I was talking specifically about the items on Destiny Planet View.

That huge (awesome) Destininfo post mentioned "marks". Are those like a thing you use to level up or just an RPG term or something specific to Destiny like Glimmer or…?

Dany

Banned
Really nice OP. Can't wait to get my hands on this. Does anyone have the game early because of mistakes by retailers?

Socat

you can actually change your specs on the fly anyway for each of the sub classes.

The only time you can lock it is when you want to. :)

So really you only get 3 slots so just have one for each and just never lock your talent tree.

Didn't they get rid of the lock option? That's what someone had reported a few days ago.

LordofPwn

Hm, at 2:00 the guys says "the upgrades available are more powerful than any other class of item" in regards to the exclusive gear...

edit: beaten. And yea, that would be dumb...but that can't possibly mean what it sounds like.

He's referring to the gear being exotic class and nothing else. Also I'm pretty sure this stuff will be in the drop tables for the "exclusive" strike.

K' Dash

Played the alpha 20 hours, I downloaded the beta but didn't want to spoil the game even more, I need this game, I just bought a car, this and smash are probably my last games for a while.

Vitanimus

If you would like to try it out you're more than welcome to join me for a game, ease you into it. Or we can just do co-op missions, strikes and raids and general exploration!

Sure! I only got to play the alpha but I remember how much fun Devil's Lair was, even if it did take near 2 hours to finish.

Tovarisc

He's referring to the gear being exotic class and nothing else. Also I'm pretty sure this stuff will be in the drop tables for the "exclusive" strike.

Actually he states that armor sets are level 20 rares [blue quality] and weapons are level 20 exotic [yellow quality] gear. He also implies that these armor sets are best armor sets for classes, which I highly doubt them being rares after all. I do expect those sets to give nice boost into end-game tho.

LordofPwn

Actually he states that armor sets are level 20 rares [blue quality] and weapons are level 20 exotic [yellow quality] gear. He also implies that these armor sets are best armor sets for classes, which I highly doubt them being rares after all. I do expect those sets to give nice boost into end-game tho.

Sorry. i was only referring to the weapons. the armor sets i figured only to be more looks than anything else, And after checking the database, it appears that they are not super great. may be the best of the rares though.

StuffRuff

When does pre-loading in the UK start on PSN?

On the 7th.

What I would really like to know though is when the game will actually "unlock" on PSN on the 9th. Hearing rumours that it will be tied to midnight PST in which case we'll be waiting till 8-9am on the 9th to actually start playing the game...

Oscar

Going from the alpha/beta, how accessible is the PvP? The only online MP experience I've really had was playing TLOU which was very slow and tactical in comparison. I'll still definitely invest time regardless.
It's pretty frantic tbh, not slow paced at all. Halo is kind of slow paced, this is more like Call of Duty but not as fast. You die slightly quicker in CoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom