• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loomba

Anyone who ordered the digital guardian edition on the UK PSN, does the base game show "pre-ordered" as well?

I don't want it taking out both amounts.

Kingbrave

Hypnotoad.gif

I can't stop looking and it's giving me seizures.

biteren

i was gonna use a motorcycle helmet but then i found this

6de7a27ebacb7183065efb8665f7b7bf.png

no time to order, i need to see if any local hardware store has one of these and the tinted visor.

MMaRsu

Poor Dax
5MMLldo.jpg

She lost her powers due to her blasting her favorite Beatles song "Eight Days a Week" to get hyped up for Destiny, without realizing Sonic vibrations make Venom go mad!

By the way family chose our next HDTV (will be in 2015), 4K Baby! (Sony X900b)
wE5gHN4l.jpg

80" will hang on the wall (will cost roughly $8,000)

eww gross those speakers

Anyone with experiences with Destiny steamed to the Vita?

It's actually very good! The only issue I had was with using R2 and L2 on the vita's back touch pad because it didn't seem to work all the time and the occasional lag hit. It's great when you're doing laid back-ish activities like Explore or in the Tower.

Also just wan't to say I'm so ready for this game now. Soon I will be reunited with my female Warlock Nadia
Yeah I named her so what :p
, laying waste to the darkness, Vex, Fallen and Cabbel, or any Titans or Hunters that would block my path-wielding the power of the Travellers Light to devastating effect.

Monster Zero

The worse thing about the wait is I'll decide between hunter and warlock 100 times before Tuesday, and still sit at the screen for 2 hours deciding, I hate choices :/

I've told myself I won't be buying this game but the more I read this thread and see peoples' excitement, the more I want it. Marketing, you suck.

I know how you feel. The trailers for Destiny are always so well done and every time I see one I want to jump in. It's also the next Bungie game, and the next big game in general; the excitement is infectious.

But then I remember that I played the beta, and the things that I was experiencing back then were quite a bit different. I'm knee deep in Too Human (again), I started Warframe yesterday, I have Dark Arisen and Gunstringer arriving in several days, and Horizon 2 demo is just a couple of weeks away. I'll stay out for now, somehow, but everyone have fun and keep the bed warm for me.

Ennosuke

I am really hyped about this Game, although I only know a few things about it. I played the Beta, but only for 2 hours. I do trust Bungie with this and I want to get surprised. Maybe this approach is better than consuming each little piece of information before the release.

Loomba

The worse thing about the wait is I'll decide between hunter and warlock 100 times before Tuesday, and still sit at the screen for 2 hours deciding, I hate choices :/

This might sound ridiculous but one of the bigger issues with Warlock for me is the way they throw grenades.

Anyone know if beards are in yet or not?

Marvel

could never
This might sound ridiculous but one of the bigger issues with Warlock for me is the way they throw grenades.

Do you mean animation or the short throw? there's a couple abilities that allow for longer distance nade throwing.

WITHE1982

Anyone know if beards are in yet or not?

Do you mean grenade throw or nova bomb?

I do think the warlock super is possibly the worst of the three in PVP. It can be countered quite easily. Also going head to head with a titan's ground smash you tend to come off second best a lot of the time.

Random Destiny question, I don't know much about the clan system (just joined 2 GAF clans), will there be an in-game clan friend's list?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Random Destiny question, I don't know much about the clan system (just joined 2 GAF clans), will there be an in-game clan friend's list?

Not a clans friend list (we didn't get the full social hub during the BETA)

You do have a tab that covers the social aspect, where all your friends from PSN are listed
The game tell you where each 10 of them are doing (you just press R2/L2 to scroll pages)

People playing Destiny will be always at the start
You can highlight a name, and options appear, you can see if there are in a fireteam or doing a strike or in PVP
You can jump into their group instantaneously if space

It was OK in BETA, could use some tweaks and hopefully this Friday when Bungie does their last Destiny update before launch goes live, they will be talking about all the social aspects

So wait till Friday night for info to be plastered into this thread and dissected by us armchair quarterbacks Guardians!

Probably not. Bungie fucking shit up again.

Spoke too soon, tsk... tsk... tsk...

Ninja Dom

I really know nothing about this game other than futuristic FPS and Bungie.

I never played the Beta.

Depending on reviews and graphical performance I may buy this on PS3 (I don't have a PS4 or Xbone).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom