• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Tuesday it is.
ibslOwsrGC4D5m.gif

That seems super unfair for the game and it's designers. It was designed to play as a huge populated world, not some closed in shopping mall consisting only of reviewers.

It's most definitely not a "huge, populated world". At least not in an open world, mmo sense. Only in the hubs will you ever see a bunch of people.

Hasney

Just the 268MB patch, at least for digital owners.

Ah cool. Giant Bomb seemed to have 5.5gb and I thought they were on PS4. Although it wouldn't matter anyway if you pre-loaded as it would grab that 5.5gb as part of the process.

So I take it the PS4 digital versions unlock dependant on where you bought it from and not your account region? Not that it matters to me to much, as I'd much rather save £20 rather than get a day headstart.

Tovarisc

In these other areas where you can play with thousands of other people (if possible), how do they make it so that certain areas are not overcrowded? Or are there tons of different servers to play on?

If my memory serves me right any zone can have up to 16 players, as maximum, in it at any given time. You never have that many players running around you when out in the world, but enough to add life into the world and bring that co-op MMO-ish stuff into it.

MJLord

Yeah, retailers are (obviously) a huge wall against that sort of thing, but on the plus side, something like games with gold gives you pretty great discounts, so it evens out a little sometimes for a very small number of games. ;}

True PSN and GWG are good value but I'm trying to say that they could enhance their storefronts to make them more appealing without even lowering the price. Just having a trade in and loyalty scheme would go a long way with people I think.

Alright, thanks!

In these other areas where you can play with thousands of other people (if possible), how do they make it so that certain areas are not overcrowded? Or are there tons of different servers to play on?
The game has a cap on the number of players that can be in a zone at any given time, which I'm pretty sure is 6, and it phases them in and out dynamically, so you don't need to pick servers. The game does behind-the-scenes matchmaking and phases in players that, I think, are appropriately leveled for you to play with.

Edit: 6 Players while out and about, but the cap is a bit higher on the Tower (the hub zone).

Z3M0G

He is not, he is level 2. He was inspecting gear of Bungie employee who is level 23.

Edit: That came out maybe tad too aggressively, sorry. Didn't mean to :(

No worries, my initial question was aggressive too. :p This makes much more sense, thanks.

If my memory serves me right any zone can have up to 16 players, as maximum, in it at any given time. You never have that many players running around you when out in the world, but enough to add life into the world and bring that co-op MMO-ish stuff into it.

Cool, thanks for the reply. Seems like a reasonable thing to do.

Edit: Also thanks to Perfect Cha0s for more explanation!

Cloudx NZ is my brother's tag, he is the one playing.

He came to my house to play cause he got the digital version so we could play straight away. I'm a physical peon waiting till morning for mine lol.

Oh lol. Tell him KidInsomnia friended him so he could watch his twitch stream. (But it didn't work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom