• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Character creation the same as beta?

Hahahaha fucking hell Bungie how can you do us like this???? Did you only fix interceptors or what are yall doing in that big ass office. Not coding to the bone thats for sure.

Hahahaha fucking hell Bungie how can you do us like this???? Did you only fix interceptors or what are yall doing in that big ass office. Not coding to the bone thats for sure.
Beards are in the DLC
confirmed

Ban Puncher

An hour to go until the midnight launch here in Australia.

Still debating whether I could be arsed going to the store tonight or tomorrow. Midnight launches at EB Games sure bring out some interesting people.

GrizzNKev

Banned

Does it cross your mind at all that adding beards was not a development priority?

RoKKeR

Still debating whether I could be arsed going to the store tonight or tomorrow. Midnight launches at EB Games sure bring out some interesting people.
Been to a few midnight launches before...

Never again.

Jafo_

Does anyone know for sure about the engrams decrypting? Is it better to hoard them till level 20?

I do, and you'll run out of space to hold all those engrams, even with the vault. Just hold them until you have 5-10, then decrypt them. That will level up Cryptach fast.

I still don't know if I want to pick this up. I liked the alpha/beta well enough, but im not big on shooters anymore. I didn't even finish Wolfenstein because I got bored with the mechanics even though I could acknowledge its quality.

On the other hand, I really like getting hats, and I've got a lot of friends to play with. I've played games I actually hated before, just to play with friends.

As an aside, does anyone know if the level 15 Hunter class also uses the golden gun? Hunter is my favorite class but easily my least favorite special move so if the advanced class gets a different super that would be great

MJLord

Way more to this game than Character Creation. It's probably not a priority before launch.

Tovarisc

I would love to get Day 1 patches notes to see what they did between Beta and Now.

I do, and you'll run out of space to hold all those engrams, even with the vault. Just hold them until you have 5-10, then decrypt them. That will level up Cryptach fast.

I was planning to hold on to the most of green - blue engrams until level 10 and then return all. Then hoard blues and keep decent amount in stash until hitting level 20 and returning them all.

Sound plan, you think?

RoKKeR

The people watching really is the best part, isn't it?

Fuck it, I'll go.

I always say that too.

But then I go again.
To be fai though they can be fun. A friend and I were runners-up in a pre-release Halo 4 tourney for that launch.

Some others though have been painful haha

Skele7on

Banned
This waiting is killing me, I really should have gone to work today to kill time.

I have played a hell of a lot of madden though.....

Just come on 10pm so I can go sit in the pub and wait for destiny to come out!

Better not forget my Game gift card with all the money on to buy it otherwise I will really be a bit screwed....

To anyone playing now, I really loathe you....

I sure as hell am skipping any streams or spoilers now.... I want the whole game to feel fresh, not watch someone else play it....

Not sure if serious.. The game isn't broken because of no beards dude

I can already tell just by watching my brother play this is gonna be one of those games where so much happens at once you're gonna be like "wait what? slow down"

yes it does. ... i hope i ll get it tomorrow. if not ... i ll rage

iZyBO22RPBsqF.gif

Are you playing on PS4? If so, add me, my PSN-ID is "LutherKaine".

Eh, I've already dropped like $80 on it on my US account. Not about to drop $120 just to play less than a day early.

Back to bed I go. Have fun everybody.

Hip Hop

Does the Xbox One Store charge taxes for digital purchases? This hype is getting to me. Have about $25 in credit fir it, might as well pay the remaining.

Pat_DC

I was considering the midnight launch but my local EB is opening early tomorrow so I think that will be the wiser option. Plus one midnight launch in my lifetime (gta4) is more than enough.

Dang, this will be the only midnight launch I go to this year. Destiny is the only game I want immediately, everything else can wait.

Such a difference from last year with the PS4 and X1 launches.

I still don't know if I want to pick this up. I liked the alpha/beta well enough, but im not big on shooters anymore. I didn't even finish Wolfenstein because I got bored with the mechanics even though I could acknowledge its quality.

On the other hand, I really like getting hats, and I've got a lot of friends to play with. I've played games I actually hated before, just to play with friends.

As an aside, does anyone know if the level 15 Hunter class also uses the golden gun? Hunter is my favorite class but easily my least favorite special move so if the advanced class gets a different super that would be great

If you definitely have a number of mates you can play regularly play this with from the start, I'd say it'd definitely be worth it since that really is the kind of experience Bungie is going for here. If you're more like to play solo and with randoms often-- and are still on the fence-- then I'd say hold off for a week in order to get some impressions on the full game from those people you'd be playing with.

As for the Hunter, there is a Blade Dancer subclass... :)

bladedancer.gif

Watching others play on Twitch like I'm some kinda crack fiend...

Hurry up and ship my LE, Amazon! *checks email every 5 seconds*

I'll leave my PSN name again to get more friends to play this with coming up. So, it's MarkAllan22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom