• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z3M0G

ARG I don't normally let myself get this hyped for a game... god dammit!! I might as well enjoy it since I dropped $100 on digital guardian last night. I just hope the PS4 upgrade goes smoothly...

I hope the word gets out as soon as that flips to "free" or whatever on the PSN store...

OrigiNull

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously but has anyone confirmed that there will be a digital guardian edition for the Xbox 360?

WITHE1982

No, because if they hand it to you, they'll be fined for breaking the street date.

EDIT: If someone in your area breaks the street date first, you could, but we would have heard about it by now if they were.

Damn. Well onto plan B: Bribery. I hope the employees at GAME all like freshly baked cookies.

That makes me woried, whats wrong with them seriously?

I don't have any specific complaints, heck, I often got my games early through them.

But I recently went to trade in around 7 Xbox 360 games, including GTA V, which they're selling for €50 used, and they only gave me €31 for the lot. That's when I realized I'm done with them. Getting stuff delivered is much easier, and if you can find a good deal, cheaper too.

Wasnt bol.com a better alternative?

In normal circumstances, definitely. I prefer Coolblue, even though it's pretty expensive. But I couldn't resist that €399 deal, I probably wouldn't have bought Destiny if that hadn't showed up.

My white PS4 and Ghost Edition come tomorrow, while I'm at work and I won't be getting home until 7:30 PM tomorrow. Much sadness! I at least have taken Wednesday and Friday off. Dat Destiny itch cannot be scratched!

Hasney

Damn. Well onto plan B: Bribery. I hope the employees at GAME all like freshly baked cookies.

They better be damn good, what with the £500 or so fine the employee could get.

STcRW6c.gif

Hasney

I wanted not to buy this but now I will buy the digital PS4 version....

Fucken hype is straight back on in full force.

I know, I have been on an odd rollercoaster with this game, especially not being much of a shooter fan.

Pre-alpha: Eh, I'll get on the alpha but I'm not really looking forward to this at all... Especially after that E3 demo
Alpha: This is actually fun. Especially the PVP if I can get in the tank first
Pre-Beta: Looking forward to this now!
Beta: This... Is crap. Horrible cutscenes then I'm back into the conten I already played
Post-Beta: Will get after a price drop
Today: Damn, the game drought has clearly gotten to me... Fuck it, I'll buy it
A few minutes ago: HOLY SHIT THAT BLADE DANCER GIF I WANT THIS GAME RIGHT FUCKING NOW

StuffRuff

ARG I don't normally let myself get this hyped for a game... god dammit!! I might as well enjoy it since I dropped $100 on digital guardian last night. I just hope the PS4 upgrade goes smoothly...

I hope the word gets out as soon as that flips to "free" or whatever on the PSN store.

You and me both. If that PS4 version doesn't change from £X.XX/$X.XX to Free the moment it hits midnight I will not be happy! lol

All my PS4 amigos will be happily galavanting around the moon and I will just be stuck on my own with my PS3 sat in the tower crying.

red731

I know, I have been on an odd rollercoaster with this game, especially not being much of a shooter fan.

I played only the beta but I have glorious gun and ecstatic moments with other gaf members in PVE and PVP.

I am back in... Mr. S, QWSA12...I am going in! That Slavic talking bastard is jumping aboard again!

Oskins

Neo Member
Has there been any confirmation on if they've changed the way player communication works?

I hated it in the beta how if you used matchmaking to go into a Strike that you had to invite them to your fireteam in order to hear their mic even though they got matched with you.

Would be awesome if they added some proximity based chat system like Halo's multiplayer used to have.

dan2026

Not sure what people see in this, it seems super bland.

The missions seems lackluster and the combat is you just firing a space machine gun at a nondescript alien.

Even the environments just look like Earth. Where is the sci-fi imagination?

K' Dash

Next monday is independence day here aka the Destiny Hermit Long Weekend.

I wont see the light of day or get that much sleep D:

The missions seems lackluster and the combat is you just firing a space machine gun at a nondescript alien.

That's a brave post to make in this thread.

lol wat.

Please tell me about all these other games you are playing where you don't shoot stuff.

Magwik

Banned
Guess I won't be joining WorkGAF on the long wait today, because apparently I like to sleep 4 hours past the original alarm.

Just got a text from Best Buy that my order is ready to get picked up.

Also my order page on BestBuy.com shows the same

I don't think they open until 10EST, but has anyone else seen the same or tried to pick up a copy?

Respect

There are plenty of Destiny hate threads, please feel free to post in those.

darkwing

the planets were colonized previously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom