• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
On September 9th, The Namikaze1 will layeth the smackdown on all your candy asses!

ifln4O034wXIu.gif

MJLord

Not sure what people see in this, it seems super bland.

The missions seems lackluster and the combat is you just firing a space machine gun at a nondescript alien.

Even the environments just look like Earth. Where is the sci-fi imagination?

It's okay that you don't find it interesting. But did we really need to know or are you just trying to rile people up?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Does this game have any interesting quests? because all i've seen now is killing dozens of enemies and then move on.

Krusader

Neo Member
Apologies if this has already been answered, but can anyone tell me if this needs a constant internet connection? I don't have a phone-line at the moment and have to use a wifi modem to use the net, so if this game requires that I be connected to the net at all times, I think my 15gb a month data allowance means I'll have to give this one a miss for the time being.

Cheers guys.

BokehKing

Banned

The missions seems lackluster and the combat is you just firing a space machine gun at a nondescript alien.

It 'seems' you're in the wrong thread

Socat

Apologies if this has already been answered, but can anyone tell me if this needs a constant internet connection? I don't have a phone-line at the moment and have to use a wifi modem to use the net, so if this game requires that I be connected to the net at all times, I think my 15gb a month data allowance means I'll have to give this one a miss for the time being.

Cheers guys.

Yes, you have to be online when you're playing. No offline mode

WITHE1982

Did you play much of the Alpha and Beta out of curiosity?

I personally loved the missions, game-play mechanics, enemies and environments. I put in about 30 hours all in all and I don't even like FPS games.

IMO it's a very, very polished game. Well worthy of the hype it's getting.

Kane1345

Cheers guys.

Yup

Does this game have any interesting quests? because all i've seen now is killing dozens of enemies and then move on.

It's a video game. FPS no less.

Every single one is run to X and then press A something happens.

Shoot. Bang. Repeat.

It's one of the best but it's not changing how we play games.

Agreed. I want to be excited for it, but it's doing absolutely nothing for me.

Tawpgun

Seems like I'm not playing tonight.

No way I'm waiting until 3am just for it to unlock for me. Disappointing I'll have to wait until 5pm to play the next day.

Really hope they reverse this pacific time release policy.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Hey guys, I've taken over the DestinyGAF facebook page for now. Let me know what you would like to see on there and if you have any media or something that you want featured, feel free to shoot me a pm here on gaf.

Also, right now we have a "coming soon" fb cover photo. If you have some PS skills and can whip up something awesome we could possibly use it.

So head on over HERE

Can't wait to see DestinyGAF get rolling. Become Legend, Guardians!

Socat

I didn't realise absolute adoration for the game was necessary to post in this thread.
Isn't this supposed to be general discussion?

You're allowed to have that opinion of the game, but since your argument is one that makes you seem like you haven't played the game much, you're gonna get a little backlash. And I'm also curious what you expected from an FPS game besides shooting things in the face.

Respect

I didn't realise absolute adoration for the game was necessary to post in this thread.
Isn't this supposed to be general discussion?

Your post is hostile and intended to get a rise out of people, not foster discussion, please don't play ignorant. You could easily phrased it as a constructive question as opposed to - "This game looks boring, what do you people see it in?"

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like I'm not playing tonight.

No way I'm waiting until 3am just for it to unlock for me. Disappointing I'll have to wait until 5pm to play the next day.

Really hope they reverse this pacific time release policy.

Same here. Though I still wouldn't play until Tuesday evening even if it unlocked at midnight. Still too late for a week night for me.

Will be a long day at work Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom