• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddler

Not sure what people see in this, it seems super bland.

The missions seems lackluster and the combat is you just firing a space machine gun at a nondescript alien.

Even the environments just look like Earth. Where is the sci-fi imagination?

Captin Joykill welcome aboard the hype train.

I hope the game at higher levels doesnt get to bland but it seems there is alot of variety to enemys and enemy types/loadouts/weakness/strengths to keep things interesting.

Only time will tell if this game has legs but after alpha/beta I need to play more imho.

Trace

Banned
Oh shit guys. It's happening! They didn't forget about me!

rc85Od6.png
Congratz :) Getting in on the dinklebot action.

Today is the day!! May stay up till 3am to play seeing as my Xbox apperently has yet to charge me for my digital pre-load and I have no idea when my limited edition is showing up thanks to Furure Shop being screwy.

Anyone else want a destiny logo in their avatar?

If you wouldn't mind!!

Tovarisc

The missions seems lackluster and the combat is you just firing a space machine gun at a nondescript alien.

Even the environments just look like Earth. Where is the sci-fi imagination?

Missions are very basic MMO-ish stuff for sure, but at least for me personally draw is in setting, design of the world and very tight FPS gameplay. It feels very good to play and has interesting world, for me at least.

Also environments look "just like Earth" because more than likely all you have seen is, well, Earth. Mars, Venus etc. should provide some decent variety into the world even after they were terraformed to be more Earth like.

Just my 2 cents.

Bungie Twitter:

"Destiny servers are live."

Ironic in its own way that people with early copies from mail or street date breaking retailers get to play good amount early where those have to "suffer" whose retailer won't sell early.

Trace

Banned
Today is the day!! May stay up till 3am to play seeing as my Xbox apperently has yet to charge me for my digital pre-load and I have no idea when my limited edition is showing up thanks to Furure Shop being screwy.
Welcome to the club. Futureshop is always screwy for me.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I still don't know what class to make! I'm leaning towards Warlock just because they seem cool but I don't really know that much about the specific classes different abilities and shit beyond their archetype "tank/agile/spacemagic" descriptions.

shinn623

I would love to get Day 1 patches notes to see what they did between Beta and Now.

I was planning to hold on to the most of green - blue engrams until level 10 and then return all. Then hoard blues and keep decent amount in stash until hitting level 20 and returning them all.

Sound plan, you think?

I would say there is no point in hoarding any green engrams period. Greens will be commonplace at higher levels, and you'll only want rare and above anyways, so there is no point to hoarding them for higher levels.

Blues on the otherhand you can make a decision on whether to hoard or wait. Blues are the best items you can get at least until level 20 where legendary and exotic become available to you. Using them whenever you obtain them lets you get to level 20 faster. If you hoard, you can have a good chance at filling all your slots with level 20 gear faster when you hit 20. Personally, I will not be hoarding for a couple reasons. First, since I'm on ps4, I will be getting a full armor set of rares (blue) due to the exclusive content, as well as two exotic weapons to use at level 20. So there is no point in me hoarding blue engrams to decipher at level 20. Second, there is a decent chance of getting strange coins from blue engrams, and if I have a certain amount by the time I get to higher levels, it will allow me to have more strange coins by the time the agent of the nine shows (even if I'm not level 20) for me to purchases exotics.

Purple engrams you'll want to decipher right away too and not hoard. All legendary gear are level 20 anyways, so if you decipher a purple engram and it is a legendary gear it will automatically be level 20, even if you are not at the level cap. Strange coins can also be rewarded from these as well.

Just preordered my bundle on Amazon, with delivery date of tomorrow. Has anyone had any bad experiences preordering consoles on Amazon?

Number45

what is the review embargo up? sorry if it's already been covered
Not so much an embargo, more that the reviewers haven't been able to play because the servers aren't online. So I expect you'll see them start to trickle through (much too) soon.

Tawpgun

Same here. Though I still wouldn't play until Tuesday evening even if it unlocked at midnight. Still too late for a week night for me.

Will be a long day at work Tuesday!

I think I could bite the bullet and not get much sleep if it meant my friends are on to do some missions. I'd probably go as late as 2:30 or maybe 3am. But not past that. If it only unlocks at 3am there's no point

Kworn

Banned
Disappointing, no beards!

Looks like I'm going a female Awoken then.

No beards is such bullshit. I run a podcast called The 8-Bit Beards, and we were planning on having a beard based clan.

Hopefully they add beards to an update, fingers crossed.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Oh my god I've held out so long. Almost complete media blackout. I know none of the class specifics besides Titan Warlock Hunter being their names. I've watched one video, the one with the cheesy obviously-post-production "voice chat" that showed three or four bros working through an indoor area. Maybe from E3? Can't remember.

Didn't play the Alpha. Didn't play the Beta. I am pure.

And I want to spend the next two hours watching videos SO BAD.

Tawpgun

Oh man just saw gameplay from a high level Titan.... Now my hunter choice is questioned.

What are the health stats between each class? How much more resiliant is a Titan

Welcome to the club. Futureshop is always screwy for me.

Speaking of just received an e-mail full of spelling errors from their support team letting me know they won't ship destiny until the 9th.
Which, I know to not be true and thusly am a little frustrated.
Oh well, better than amazon.ca!

Still can't decide what class I want to be, although the special edition of NewsWeek has me thinking blade dancer.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Just preordered my bundle on Amazon, with delivery date of tomorrow. Has anyone had any bad experiences preordering consoles on Amazon?
Employees have a bad habit of not putting enough plastic bubbles in boxes. If you order the console alone it'll be in a form fitting box though. Then it's all on UPS to not manhandle it.

Check out bestbuy for midnight release and in store pickip if you're in the states: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Best-Buy-Gaming-Events/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom