• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

I had that experience with IGN or was it GameSpot stream. Just can't take that ZOMGOMGSOCOOLHYYYYYPE stuff that seems so fake and overdone hyping. Jeffs more "grounded" tone does it for me way better.

Grounded?. He seems bored in everything he does to me.

WYOv3CT.png

Awww yeeeah! Thanks

Klyka

Banned
Ok. Ok. Ok you win.

I have looked at your PS4 screenshots. i have looked at your PS4 videos.
Then I looked at my PS3 and it's blurriness. And I looked at the layer of dust on it.
So now I am trading in my PS3 and getting a White PS4 + Destiny tomorrow morning.

I HOPE YOU AR EHAPPY GAF.

I HOPE YOU ARE FUCKING HAPPY.

Magwik

Banned
Ok. Ok. Ok you win.

Then I looked at my PS3 and it's blurriness. And I looked at the layer of dust on it.
So now I am trading in my PS3 and getting a White PS4 + Destiny tomorrow morning.

I'll only be happy until you go with Hunter.
:p

KevinG

Ok. Ok. Ok you win.

ONE OF US

th3dude

1. Cuphead, you are the hero of this thread
  2. I seriously regret not getting the Ghost edition, but I'm glad I at least got the LE
  3. The wait is killing me!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ok. Ok. Ok you win.

:D

Hoo-doo

Banned
Ok. Ok. Ok you win.

Welcome to the club. It's great in here.

Tovarisc

Grounded?. He seems bored in everything he does to me.

Maybe it's why I like his streaming style because I also seem like "bored" even if I like e.g. some game a lot :D

It's not like Jeff is taking shit on the game and seems like he likes Destiny for most part, just has some comments and points about stuff that seems "off". Also like I mentioned, I can't take that overdone fake hype from those other major streams.

Yack.

Kane1345

Ok. Ok. Ok you win.

Welcome :D

My white PS4 is on its way!
VfSvP33.png

I'm going to swap the HDDs when it arrives, as my roommate is buying my launch PS4 (needed the white). Would there be any reason that simply swapping them out wouldn't work? I should be able to simply remove the faceplate and initial screw, then completely swap both the HDDs and their mounting brackets from one PS4 to the other, correct?

CREMSteve

Ok. Ok. Ok you win.

You won't regret it. The PS4 is a far superior console.

Brick

Ok. Ok. Ok you win.

That's our secret, Klyka. We're never happy.

stitch512

Banned
Just got home from picking it up for Xbone and installing now - 309mb update for xbone one and ready to start within a minute...record for xbox one!

NoTacos

Does anyone know if region matters for Destiny?

If not, I wonder if I should get the US version due to how much cheaper it is on PSN digitally rather than from the EU store.
Region free, but New Zealand store purchases can be unlocked early.

Also, in response to Klyka, holy crap man that's quite the commitment overnight, but I hope you enjoy your new ps4! Add me psn: notacosbeykidd

DesertFox

1. Cuphead, you are the hero of this thread
  2. I seriously regret not getting the Ghost edition, but I'm glad I at least got the LE
  3. The wait is killing me!
3 cheers for our hype ship train conductor! Huzzah!

DestinyGAF. Tonight I shall nustle in for a short nap, setting my alarm for 11:55pm. 6 minutes later, my digital copy will unlock and I'll be enjoying Destiny in all its glory.

See you starside.

GAF, Help.

My professor didn't show up and that's my only class today, I can go back to my dorm, I have the DGE pre-ordered on my PS4, I was gonna do the 360/One deal but now I'm considering buying the standalone Xbone version to play early.

Talk me out of it.

Anton668

Did you just really quote someone from the chat? like really?

yeah, I guess I shouldnt be surprised. But I always hold out hope for humanity... then I stupidly read comments on streams or youtube and shake my head in disbelief.

I really need to stop.

(ok, much better, closed comments!)

pieman

Neo Member
VfSvP33.png

I'm going to swap the HDDs when it arrives, as my roommate is buying my launch PS4 (needed the white). Would there be any reason that simply swapping them out wouldn't work? I should be able to simply remove the faceplate and initial screw, then completely swap both the HDDs and their mounting brackets from one PS4 to the other, correct?

Don't do this, my understanding is that as soon as you take the hard disk out of a PS4 it can't be put back in a PS4 without being reformatted. There was a thread on here a month or so ago, where someone had borrowed a PS4 swapped the hard drive, swapped them back in and couldn't lost all their saves (not backed to cloud).

GAF, Help.

My professor didn't show up and that's my only class today, I can go back to my dorm, I have the DGE pre-ordered on my PS4, I was gonna do the 360/One deal but now I'm considering buying the standalone Xbone version to play early.

Talk me out of it.

Patience is a virtue. Be stronk

monome

Does anyone know if region matters for Destiny?

If not, I wonder if I should get the US version due to how much cheaper it is on PSN digitally rather than from the EU store.

lol.

got a nice PS4 yesterday. tried to buy the game on the US store. got a big fuck you. either by card or paypal as both need to be identified to a US resident.

not as easy as on X1.

got US PSN cards which is a terrible hassle due to many restrictions online sellers put on orders thanks to a lot of shenanigans around "virtual" currency

that said, getting the digital game on US store meant I was 100% sure to have the english dub. but I ended up paying the full € price and lost time to unknown stoes whereas X1 is click-click and 30% off...

thanks Cuphead!

Skele7on

Banned
GAF, Help.

Talk me out of it.

don't be stupid and wait like the rest of us....

Do you know when the game will be available in digital on Xbox 360? Because I would like to buy it first here to after download for free on Xbox One to have both version and play with my friends on 360.

Do you know too when this feature will be available (to switch to Xbox One for free)?

NoTacos

VfSvP33.png

I would assume you would have to reinstall all the data as the hard drive was not formatted for the new hardware (similar to swapping out hard drives on ps3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom