• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Hawk

Banned
That huge (awesome) Destininfo post mentioned "marks". Are those like a thing you use to level up or just an RPG term or something specific to Destiny like Glimmer or…?

There two different kinds of marks in Destiny. Vanguard and Crucible marks.

Crucible marks are earned by playing PvP. You can only get 100 Crucible marks per week.

Vanguard marks... well, it was kinda grindy to get them in the beta since you need to exchange 40 pieces of materials to Vanguard quartermaster to get Vanguard marks aside from getting gold tier for your first Public Event of the day.

Who knows, maybe Bungie adjusted the way of how to get Vanguard marks in Destiny. We'll see sooner or later.

Kane1345

Crucible marks are earned by playing PvP. You can only get 100 Crucible marks per week.

Vanguard marks... well, it was kinda grindy to get them in the beta since you need to exchange 40 pieces of materials to Vanguard quartermaster to get Vanguard marks aside from getting gold tier for your first Public Event of the day.

Who knows, maybe Bungie adjusted the way of how to get Vanguard marks in Destiny. We'll see sooner or later.

FYI you could also get crucible marks by giving in 40 materials to the PVP master

LordofPwn

You were also able to get crucible marks from trading in items to the Crucible Quartermaster iirc, but i don't think those counted toward your 100, or atleast they didn't in the Alpha, and i never tried in the beta. I also believe we will get Vangaurd marks from completing Nightfall Strikes, or whatever the stuff in the "Vanguard" on the Director has.

Vitanimus

It's pretty frantic tbh, not slow paced at all. Halo is kind of slow paced, this is more like Call of Duty but not as fast. You die slightly quicker in CoD.

That's pretty understandable. Guess I just need to develop that trigger finger that playing FPS MP develops and I'm fine any learning curve. Lord knows TLOU had one. It'll be fine playing with GAF anyway.

Socat

Thanks guys!

I'm really undecided on what class to pick atm. Thinking Titan. What were people's experiences with the different classes in the beta, which is looking the best?

All the classes are good, its just a matter of playstyle preference really.

Thanks. Super helpful.

203.gif

LordofPwn

Thanks guys!

I'm really undecided on what class to pick atm. Thinking Titan. What were people's experiences with the different classes in the beta, which is looking the best?

If you like punching things in the face and having either a giant bubble or being able to hulk/superman out: pick titan

If you like knifing people either up close or from a distance, having a golden gun, and crazy ninja knife skillz: pick hunter

If you like high-fiving enemies to death and absorbing their power, throwing giant balls of space magic to obliterate foes, or resurrecting and becoming even more powerful and just an overall badass: pick Warlock.

#TeamWarlock4Lyfe

WITHE1982

Thanks guys!

All down to personal preference really as once you're leveled up and got some sweet ass gear it all just goes on your play style as stats are negligible.

I personally roll with warlock as I prefer the gliding and nova bomb abilities. That added to the fact the you become quite the indispensable healer/mage later on makes it the class for me.

Hunter has great maneuverability whilst dealing a fair amount of damage. The golden gun special and throwing knife are simply amazing in PVP.

Titan is the tank of the group. Can take a hell of a beating and come back for more. They are also the best close quarters damage dealers and, once upgraded, are devastating opponents in PVP.

IMO warlock is the better character in Single player/strikes/raids but not great in competitive MP.

Afrocious pls

Why can't people wait till launch and beyond and see if Destiny will have a staying power? This thread is mostly assumptions

I hate speculation threads and all threads that start with "Do you think...?" They're useless. How about you ask the developer/publisher (if it's about for a particular event/release/port or something like that) or just wait and see?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Reviewers will get the game Monday and post their reviews and impressions whenever they do.

Activision sent the game late to reviewers :/

Oh wow, so I won't be expecting any reviews really before the game drops then. Cool by me though, I already know I'm going to love this.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
See my post above.

Review copies arrive on the 8th, expect first impressions by midnight, reviews in progress and full reviews later in the week (hopefully before friday).

Totally missed that, thanks.

So if I prefer not to mess with melee, sounds like Warlock is what I'll be doing. Hate jumping on what seems to be the "popular" class, but I also don't give a fuck!

HunRevan

I really hope Xone is getting a screenshot taking feature soon because I've made like tons of pictures in the PS4 alpha/beta.
Gotta stick with the XO version though because of reasons. (friends, controller, voice chat :3)

Meh I don't need a review for this game. TBH these days I don't need to check a review in order to buy a game, most of the time I check them after, just to see if my impressions are similar to the ones of others out there. At the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference for me, I know what I am getting into before I buy a game. In Destiny's case we had an alpha and beta so we even got to try the game out. You like it, buy it. You don't, skip it.

I think the most important component in choosing a class is their jump style. You have a choice between two supers, but you will use your jump more often and there's no alternative choice.

I prefer the Warlock glide because of the distance and height it can reach.

Einbroch

Banned
Hahaha some people in that thread are saying they'll trade it in after a month. At this point I'm not even angry, it's hilarious

That's not crazy, or hilarious at all. Some people will pump in 6+ hours a day every day and see all the content.

It's the same with MMO launches. People play these games like jobs and rush to end game. If there's not enough difficult or compelling content there to keep them playing, why not trade it in when the value is high?

c1rcae

Hahaha some people in that thread are saying they'll trade it in after a month. At this point I'm not even angry, it's hilarious

It's also a bit annoying lol, people can't make up their minds. Either stick with being uninterested (which is completely fine), or stop being swayed by every piece of news that gets released.

c1rcae

That's not crazy, or hilarious at all. Some people will pump in 6+ hours a day every day and see all the content.

It's the same with MMO launches. People play these games like jobs and rush to end game. If there's not enough difficult or compelling content there to keep them playing, why not trade it in when the value is high?

A fair point, but most of the people who are posting in these threads aren't posing their responses in that context. It's more like "wow late review copy release, GG, going to return ASAP".

I see your point, but saying those things a week before the game is released is what I find crazy. You haven't seen all the content yet! If you play the game for a week and dislike it, then I can understand.

Einbroch

Banned
I see your point, but saying those things a week before the game is released is what I find crazy. You haven't seen all the content yet! If you play the game for a week and dislike it, then I can understand.

Hey, not saying that I agree with them or anything, but there are a bunch of those people out there. And I don't think those people are 100% locked into trading it in. The few I read were like 'that's my plan' or 'I think I'll do the same'. Also, people might just play this for the story or missions. When they're done with those, and have no interest in whatever end game or PVP content this game has, they better trade it in!

Hell, I might trade it in after a month, but I doubt it. We'll see how it pans out, but my plans right now, from everything I've read, lead me to believe I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom