• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Oh yeah! Blessed voicing the Traveler would be just groovy. As much as I like this game, it needs a bit more of the crazy.
I do adore him so.

imagine it, the orb opens and all you see is golden light. And then! Brian's laughter BOOMING out from it.

Skele7on

Banned
Withdrawal Thread Hall of Shame:

IxAxuRk.png

I stopped on the beta because work was hardcore at the time....

I let myself and you all down!

I shall return in a blaze of glory to this thread though!

Work is done for the day ONE LESS DAY YEAHHHHHHH!!

Picked up the Newsweek issue. Those weapon spreads will tide me over nicely. The design on this game is just…

Every GoTeki ship from Wip3out but a gun.

THE PERFECT GAME.

Kud Dukan

Well GAF, I found out yesterday my company is shutting down. Waiting on the official call to get details, but the good news is that I'll have all the time in the world to play Destiny next week! Gotta look on the bright side of things!

I pre ordered the limited edition version and I'm not super interested in the physical goodies. Hoping that the dark below and house of wolves have enough content to validate the extra $40.00.

I live on the east coast and I don't want to wait till 3 am to play it. Otherwise I would have gone with the digital guardian version.

Pastry

Banned
Well GAF, I found out yesterday my company is shutting down. Waiting on the official call to get details, but the good news is that I'll have all the time in the world to play Destiny next week! Gotta look on the bright side of things!

Sorry about that! I'm an unemployed graduate student so when I'm not job hunting/studying I'll spend my time playing Destiny. I guess there's a benefit to being unemployed haha.

Kane1345

I know the feeling, hope you find a new job soon. Well after your Destiny needs are met of course ;)

Homeboyd

Any word if grimoire progression will be viewable in-game? Always hate having to go to a website (or app) to check things like this. I never figured out the grimoire portion of the app anyways (what did the red banners mean, where was the progression bars, which were cards I found vs cards that remained undiscovered, etc...).

Also, please put a map in the pause menu.

LordofPwn

Any word if grimoire progression will be viewable in-game? Always hate having to go to a website (or app) to check things like this. I never figured out the grimoire portion of the app anyways (what did the red banners mean, where was the progression bars, which were cards I found vs cards that remained undiscovered, etc...).

Also, please put a map in the pause menu.

I would really like grimoire to be viewable in game, but where would they put it? and the only time you could really view it would be in orbit or in the tower. where as if you have the app you can view it on the go, at work, or in bed when not playing destiny. As for a map there are many points and counterpoints to having them in game. After you play the game for awhile you remember where everything is and then theres no need for a map.

I would really like grimoire to be viewable in game, but where would they put it? and the only time you could really view it would be in orbit or in the tower. where as if you have the app you can view it on the go, at work, or in bed when not playing destiny. As for a map there are many points and counterpoints to having them in game. After you play the game for awhile you remember where everything is and then theres no need for a map.

Maybe a library in The Tower? That would make sense. A bunch of NPCs could curate all your findings and add it to what is already known.

GutZ31

Maybe a library in The Tower? That would make sense. A bunch of NPCs could curate all your findings and add it to what is already known.

THIS!
A shop of some kind would also be nice, where you go to show what you learned through the cards, and your level with them increases.
They could give gear, or usable items.

Homeboyd

Seems very similar to commendations in Halo... so, the start menu like it was there. It's nice to know how many of "x" you have to kill, how many more "y" you need to find, etc... The grimoire section of the app was a mess. I had no idea what I was even looking at.

True on point B, but that's the same for a lot of games that include maps in the pause menu. It would just be convenient... that's all.

Hopefully, you have some time to actively look for a new job.

RiverKwai

My hype... 6 days. Who else is getting a beautiful Ghost edition?

I am. I am so unbelievably stoked to have my very own little Peter Dinklage robot!

#GhostGaf here

I still wish (hope?) that there's some sort of shooting gallery in the tower. That way you don't have to load out to a map just to see whether or not you like how a certain gun fires after you buy it or get one from an engram.

LordofPwn

I really like this idea.

Seems very similar to commendations in Halo... so, the start menu like it was there. It's nice to know how many of "x" you have to kill, how many more "y" you need to find, etc... The grimoire section of the app was a mess. I had no idea what I was even looking at.

True on point B, but that's the same for a lot of games that include maps in the pause menu. It would just be convenient... that's all.
Agreed that the grimoire section of the app was a mess, though they say they're fixing it. having a map doesn't promote exploration though, and destiny does not have a pause menu.

Anything interesting from Destiny's Newsweek issue?
I thought it was a good high level look at the game. The articles were well written, lots of quotes from people involved with the game, and really good write-ups on the weapons, enemies, locales, and classes. Maybe not worth it at $10.99, when that money could be better put towards the strategy guide.

If you have a copy, where did you find yours? I tried the nearby Walmart and Target, but no luck. There's a couple others I can check, maybe I'll do that I Barnes and Noble doesn't have it.

The big newsstand in Grand Central Station. Swimming in them. But it's a Hudson News so ostensibly any of them should have it.

But it's a Hudson News so ostensibly any of them should have it.
Hudson News is also where I snagged my copy. I was flying out of Seattle, sadly leaving PAX, when I saw it at the Hudson News in the airport. Oddly enough, I couldn't find the issue at O'Hare Airport in Chicago when I was leaving for Seattle.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I have to pick between getting the LE Tuesday afternoon or playing the vanilla game Monday night with my friends. Tough.

Hudson News is also where I snagged my copy. I was flying out of Seattle, sadly leaving PAX, when I saw it at the Hudson News in the airport. Oddly enough, I couldn't find the issue at O'Hare Airport in Chicago when I was leaving for Seattle.

Stupid always almost bankrupt Newsweek. If it'd been Time, everyone could've gotten 1. Or 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom