• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Ok. Ok. Ok you win.

I have looked at your PS4 screenshots. i have looked at your PS4 videos.
Then I looked at my PS3 and it's blurriness. And I looked at the layer of dust on it.
So now I am trading in my PS3 and getting a White PS4 + Destiny tomorrow morning.

I HOPE YOU AR EHAPPY GAF.

I HOPE YOU ARE FUCKING HAPPY.

Bravo, welcome to the club.

I guarantee that no other games media site will describe destiny as "hold square - the videogame"

And that's why Jeff and giant bomb are awesome.

All they've been doing on this stream is shooting the same enemies and waiting in loading screens.

Thus game might be the biggest disappointment of the generation for me.

Chaos

Does anyone know if region matters for Destiny?

If not, I wonder if I should get the US version due to how much cheaper it is on PSN digitally rather than from the EU store.

I went for the Digital Guardian Edition on US PSN, much cheaper.

Truant

Watching the GB stream now, Jeff is really leveling the hype in a good way. Some of the stuff here (loading times, press square to old computer) would get serious flak in lesser titles.

Atkison04

Give me all the Destiny things!

density.gif

(This wait is killing me!)

Is Amazon actually giving you a date on that strategy guide? I have one pre-ordered as well and it just says that they will email me when they have a release date for it.

Godan

Time to wipe the 5 month old dust that has been sitting on my PS4 when I get in from work in 2 hours. Just hope Amazon have delivered today.

Just got a "Good news. Your order is ready and waiting" email from Best Buy for my wife's Destiny bundle. Got super excited thinking they dun goofed.

Scroll to the bottom............for pickup on 9/9/14.

Eff.

My package had been 'out for delivery to the courier' for like 8 hours. I just got a text from Amazon saying 'your package has now shipped.' I excitedly check UPS to see the progress and... no change.

amazon y. y u do dis 2 meh

Amazon you used to be cool.

But now you tell me my game won't be here till Wednesday.

Gaf, my days off this week are today and tomorrow. What's a guy to do :(

Marvel

could never
Damn, that is creepy..

Diamond Dallas Page is not creepy, he is an exceptionally kind and loving fellow, his big bright smile lights up rooms
(literally, dem amazing teeth!) and you are lucky to be apart of such a showing of joy my friend.

I'm going to swap the HDDs when it arrives, as my roommate is buying my launch PS4 (needed the white). Would there be any reason that simply swapping them out wouldn't work? I should be able to simply remove the faceplate and initial screw, then completely swap both the HDDs and their mounting brackets from one PS4 to the other, correct?
If you;re going to swap Hard drives you need to perform the following first on the old hard drive:

• Deactivate your PS4 as your Primary Device
  • Re-initialize your old HDD. This can be done with the firmware update on a USB stick. Be sure to grab the 700+MB version.

You *should* be able to just swap hard drives at that point. Worst case scenario, though, is you'll have to re-initialize the HDD via safe mode or through the firmware USB stick.

Safe mode is done by holding the power button down for 7 or more seconds when first booting the PS4 up.

Tovarisc

Watching the GB stream now, Jeff is really leveling the hype in a good way. Some of the stuff here (loading times, press square to old computer) would get serious flak in lesser titles.

It's what happens when game is done by dev with huge profile and rep. It can get away with some weird shit that would get picked on if done by "lesser" devs.

Godan

Anyone else's Amazon UK order stuck at the national distribution centre for Royal Mail?

"Item ********* arrived at Princess Royal Distribution Centre on the 2014-09-08 and we are currently processing it."

Thats what I got unsure if it has been delivered or anything yet as I have been as work all day.

Is Amazon actually giving you a date on that strategy guide? I have one pre-ordered as well and it just says that they will email me when they have a release date for it.
Nope, still no release date. However, under product details it lists the following:

Product Details
Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: BRADY GAMES; Limited edition (September 9, 2014)

It's all so confusing!

It's what happens when game is done by dev with huge profile and rep. It can get away with some weird shit that would get picked on if done by "lesser" devs.

Doesn't make sense though.

Why does bungie get away with missions where the goal is to go to a computer and hold square? Its lazy bad design no matter who does it.

ocean

Banned
Guys, I need some help. Can anyone add some Destiny (and maybe transparent instead of white background) to my avi? My hype needs a visual manifestation.

I'm in Europe with a US digital pre order so I'll have to wait until 9am tomorrow. The horror.

kiguel182

Loading times are, so far, the most annoying part of the game. Not good at all.

Riptwo

Nothing on my side, I went with Amazon.ca. Any other Canadians still waiting on their notification?
I haven't received notification from amazon.ca (who claim it's estimated to arrive on the 16th with Prime) or EB. Not sure what's up! Hyper-aggressive insurance that it only arrives on or after street date, perhaps?

NoTacos

Diamond Dallas Page is not creepy, he is an exceptionally kind and loving fellow, his big bright smile lights up rooms
(literally, dem amazing teeth!) and you are lucky to be apart of such a showing of joy my friend.
Boom. The man is legend. Who else can literally say they've saved lives through their yoga workout plan?
Trust me. It's not your mama's yoga.

WITHE1982

Just had a text from GAME to say my Destiny LE will be available tomorrow and they'll hold it for 48 hours only.

Ha! you'll hold it for 48 seconds only until I arrive at midnight.

KissVibes

Banned
Watching this Giant Bomb stream and the game seems really average to me. In the, I would wait for the $29.99 GOTY edition before I jumped in, way. I'm a very big Halo fan so I was expecting more from the combat, but I guess Halo combat doesn't really facilitate itself well to a game like this. Perhaps that's unfair of me.

The art direction is top notch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom