• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Doesn't make sense though.

Why does bungie get away with missions where the goal is to go to a computer and hold square? Its lazy bad design no matter who does it.

It does seem like a game just designed to be played over and over to collect loot, but I am still tempted to get it even though won't play for longer than month probably.

Cømet

Banned
But, taken in context, that means all titans are delusional :p

Taken in the correct context though... ;)

My copy's sat as ready for dispatch. God damn Tesco!

Also, for those who ordered with them too, the free headset is for anyone who ordered before the 3rd of September. Kinda dumb, but whatevs.

It's what happens when game is done by dev with huge profile and rep. It can get away with some weird shit that would get picked on if done by "lesser" devs.

I don't know, I watched both the GB Unreleaseds for this and it was like, I mean, I appreciate that they don't just give every cool new game a handy, but it was just like super joyless. Like, I'm way more amazed and impressed and engrossed in the level of detail in the areas and the armor and the weapons and the lore that like, the gameplay being samey occasionally in the opening hours of the game is like "Yeah, okay, who cares, seriously. This just looks amazing to walk around in."

I don't know. Maybe that wears off, but it was right from the opening moments.

Tovarisc

Doesn't make sense though.

Why does bungie get away with missions where the goal is to go to a computer and hold square? Its lazy bad design no matter who does it.

Why Bungie gets away with bad mission design etc.?

Stature and rep given by Halo franchise.

It doesn't make sense, but it happens often in this industry. Other devs bad design is anothers "good" design.

Yoday

I guarantee that no other games media site will describe destiny as "hold square - the videogame"

And that's why Jeff and giant bomb are awesome.

All they've been doing on this stream is shooting the same enemies and waiting in loading screens.

Thus game might be the biggest disappointment of the generation for me.
That doesn't make him awesome, it makes him jaded as hell. Jeff seems to have reached a point in the last year or two where if a game doesn't specifically click with him in just the right way, then he wants nothing to do with it. The quality of a game has little impact on Jeff's enjoyment of it anymore. You can hear it in his voice in this stream too. As Brad looks off at sky boxes in wonder, Jeff is just like "yeah, whatever".

atpbx

Just checked my Amazon pre order, its come down in price to £40.00, making it one of the cheapest games so far for the PS4.

I haven't received notification from amazon.ca (who claim it's estimated to arrive on the 16th with Prime) or EB. Not sure what's up! Hyper-aggressive insurance that it only arrives on or after street date, perhaps?

My estimated delivery is still for tmrw, which is why I'm confused. This is very frustrating.

purg3

slept with Malkin
okay... that flying knee to titan super @ 6:35 has me legit shook

(meanwhile, warlocks continue to be free kills lol)

hahahaha

I love the rush to the first zone and practically the whole enemy team is sitting there at the point and he just sprints into them lol.

Titan fo lyfe!

NoTacos

Load times should be Sony's problem, yeah? After all, it should be the hardware/firmware's job to load in the background (correct me if necessary)

Atkison04

Nope, still no release date. However, under product details it lists the following:

It's all so confusing!

Yeah, I've seen the same thing on my order. I was hoping all of the Destiny stuff would arrive at the same time. Destiny LE, white dual shock 4 and white wireless headset are all "preparing for shipment". I'm gonna feel so hype tomorrow!

That doesn't make him awesome, it makes him jaded as hell. Jeff seems to have reached a point in the last year or two where if a game doesn't specifically click with him in just the right way, then he wants nothing to do with it. The quality of a game has little impact on Jeff's enjoyment of it anymore. You can hear it in his voice in this stream too. As Brad looks off at sky boxes in wonder, Jeff is just like "yeah, whatever".

Skyboxes are nice but they werent what made halo fun. Jeff liked halo. This game is like halo without any of the fun ai or vehicles or sandbox. Just lots more numbers.

The fact that Jeff goes into every game at zero and it has to earn its points from there is a rare thing in games media and we should be thankful for it.

Fedemgsuy

I'm ready. Let's do this.

iw3NfHHf7Q4VG.jpg

PSN id is is wispy_scoundrel
Added, im Fedeuy, see ya on the moon.

Does anyone know if region matters for Destiny?

If not, I wonder if I should get the US version due to how much cheaper it is on PSN digitally rather than from the EU store.
I went with us store. Seemed from all the information that locations doesn't matter. You will be matched with people with best connection.

Do you know when the game will be available in digital on Xbox 360? Because I would like to buy it first here to after download for free on Xbox One to have both version and play with my friends on 360.

Do you know too when this feature will be available (to switch to Xbox One for free)?

Sorry for the up but if someone got the answers to these questions, it will be nice :)

cheezcake

I dont have the digital version, but on my store it just says 'buy $99' instead of 'pre order $99' like it did an hour ago, it should be available

I bought it from the US Store, no way I'm paying a $40 markup for digital content. Guess it'll unlock based on PDT time

Tovarisc

Load times should be Sony's problem, yeah? After all, it should be the hardware/firmware's job to load in the background (correct me if necessary)

It's Bungies job to optimize living shit out of their game, including loading times. Sony can help them and most likely had some engineers at Bungie helping out, but ultimately it's Bungies job to get optimisation down.

Klyka

Banned
The game to me is like Warframe. Warframe's missions are always the same but man are they just fun to play.

Also i love the artstyle and lore.

Regarding load times, I bet it's online related. The game searches for connections and makes them while you load, which can take time.

It's Bungies job to optimize living shit out of their game, including loading times. Sony can help them and most likely had some engineers at Bungie helping out, but ultimately it's Bungies job to get optimisation down.
Considering there is a lot of loading in Destiny, I do find it troubling that the loading didn't improve. Especially the loading to and from the Tower. That is always the worst!

Proxy

Skyboxes are nice but they werent what made halo fun. Jeff liked halo. This game is like halo without any of the fun ai or vehicles or sandbox. Just lots more numbers.

The fact that Jeff goes into every game at zero and it has to earn its points from there is a rare thing in games media and we should be thankful for it.

IIRC Jeff doesn't much care for Halo.

NoTacos

Weather is pure shite today (excessive heat + drought + my area in general = day long thunderstorms during the end of the season) so glad I opted for digital. No way in hell I'm sitting out in a tropical storm tonight.

Cømet

Banned
And that's the very first gaffer on my ignore list.

Need to track down that headset now. Probably won't be on mic for launch day parties, but who needs words when you can just punch everything :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom