• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just a quick note to let you know your order will be here at our BOCA RATON FL Best Buy store waiting for you on, Tuesday, September 9, 2014. See store address & hours. Please note your credit card has now been charged for this order.
Om nom nom.

Here's hoping I don't have to jump too many hoops to get the GCU subscription when I pick it up.

airjoca

Goddamn, all doubt in me is gone. I'm gonna go with Titan over Warlock. Suits my playstyle so much. Love being superaggressive.

Yeah, my heart's been telling me to go Warlock because "Space Magic", but I feel the same way, the head knows the Titan is more suited to me. In Battlefield I'm always in the frontline rushing into danger... What to do?

Tovarisc

Considering there is a lot of loading in Destiny, I do find it troubling that the loading didn't improve. Especially the loading to and from the Tower. That is always the worst!

I especially love those parts where you e.g. load into Tower so you can see cutscene so you can load to the Orbit so you can load back into the Tower to actually get rewards etc. That is when long loading times and constant Orbit back and forth becomes tedious.

I hated that in beta.

Are you in here trying to prove something? Because it certainly seems like you have a bone to pick with the game for some reason.

I think it's more about people who say Jeff is jaded journalists who hates games etc. We should be able to talk about, what we personally see as, flaws in the game while it doesn't automatically mean we hate said game. I have certain issues with Destiny, granted issues are from Beta time, but same time I liked game a lot.

NoTacos

Yeah, my heart's been telling me to go Warlock because "Space Magic", but I feel the same way, the head knows the Titan is more suited to me. In Battlefield I'm always in the frontline rushing into danger... What to do?
Go with your head, Titan suits you better. Also, you can always make a Warlock later.

My white PS4 Bundle arrive today. So, if anyone wants to party up and needs an extra player, I'll be online from 19:00 GMT onwards (about 4 hours time). Just add me on PSN.

PSN ID: FunkeeFresh

DesertFox

. And yeah, I suck. Still getting used to the Xbox One sticks.
While you're adjusting to the sticks anyway, get yourself some of these. You won't regret it.
48d60e33150674ff1000f109d2f3d73d.jpg

Trace

Banned
I bought it from the US Store, no way I'm paying a $40 markup for digital content. Guess it'll unlock based on PDT time
It's $89 for the Digital Guardian edition in the US. And it includes the expansion pass. So idlf you plan on playing the expansion you actually save money with the DGE.

I think it's disappointing and want a reason not to feel that way.

Also disregarding Jeff's opinion as jaded is a silly hype filed thing to do.

This is a ridiculous assessment.

My appreciation of all the legitimate game details released; graphic design, armor/gun design, environment design, lore, etc; is not "hype".

You're dismissing us just as bad as you're purporting others are dismissing Jeff.

Jinjo

Join us, brother. Lay down your trenchcoat and put on the heavy armor. Titans will also be in big demand for strikes and raids with their defensive capabilities (bubbleshield is awesome). Seriously though, I was thinking the exact same, but in the end I'm gonna go with what suits my playstyle and in the end the Warlock's skills just don't convince me enough.

Tunic

Got my Digital Deluxe Edition preloaded and ready to go! I'll be on PS4 if anyone would like to add me, Tunic85. Now the long wait for midnight to come around. Oh by the way, Hunters unite!

Marvel

could never
I always though GAME delivered the day before a game launches. Could be wrong!

In my experience they have done so the majority of the time...

I've only just started using Amazon for my game orders. TLOU RM didn't come a day early so I don't know why I thought Destiny would lol.

Oh well, I know I'll get it tomorrow and that's what counts really.

*internal screaming*

Hasney

In my experience they have done so...

I've only just started using Amazon for my game orders. TLOU RM didn't come a day early so I don't know why I thought Destiny would lol.

*internal screaming*

My MK8 pre-order was delivered 4 days late... And that was with Prime.

GhaleonEB

Until very recently, here was a bug that could get an account into a state where bnet thinks it is linked even if it isn't. Here's what to do, assuming you have Account A as your main account with WLID/XBL linked to it, and Account B with a PSN account linked to it.

1. Create a new google login using google accounts. Do NOT sign into bungie.net with his account.
2. Sign into bungie.net with you PSN account. If it sends you to account creation, create a profile (we'll abandon it, but you account is "stuck" because of the bug I mentioned).
3. Go to account settings while still signed into you bnet account, and link your newly created google account.
4. Sign out of bungie.net.
5. Sign into bungie.net using you Google Account.
6. Go back to account settings, unlink you PSN account.
7. Sign out of bungie.net.
8. Sign into bungie.net with you main bnet profile using WLID. This is the profile you'll be keeping.
9. Go to account settings, and link your PSN account.
10. You are done. If you encounter further problems, please post on #Help on bungie.net with a detailed account of the issue, we'll try and help out.

We realize that this is complicated even without the bug (again, since fixed). We hope to make this better in the future, but that will have to come later.
This did it. Thank you!

kiguel182

I was really hoping that the loading times were not yet optimized in the beta.

What is causing them to be so long? Other ps4 games I've been playing aren't nearly as slow.

No idea. Hopefully they can patch it later down the road.

Apart from that I'm loving the game.

It's full of little moments and it controls really well. And I'm still playing what I already played on the beta and alpha so I can't wait to see completely new stuff.

Raide

In my experience they have done so the majority of the time...

*internal screaming*

Yeah, I guess I will wait it out. Annoyingly working, so I hope they leave a card so I can chase it up afterwards!

E92 M3

I'm as much of an old man as you. I am trying to remember, what the hell did we used to when we were playing video games and had to go the bathroom? Oh, that's right, pause the game, like cavemen.

Hehe indeed. I call them the golden years of life.

--

On another note, can someone please explain all of the currency types in Destiny. In the beta I was so confused what everything is.

Yoday

I think it's disappointing and want a reason not to feel that way.

Also disregarding Jeff's opinion as jaded is a silly hype filed thing to do.
There is nothing hype related to disregarding Jeff's opinion. The dude has been jaded for quite awhile now. It's not just him, it's a big problem in games media in general right now, but Jeff is absolutely among the most jaded. He has simply gotten to a point where he is extremely hard to please. Maybe you like that aspect of him, but I certainly don't.

Also, I don't think you are going to find a reason not to feel disappointed by going into an OT and trying to be a killjoy.

NoTacos

Join us, brother. Lay down your trenchcoat and put on the heavy armor. Titans will also be in big demand for strikes and raids with their defensive capabilities (bubbleshield is awesome). Seriously though, I was thinking the exact same, but in the end I'm gonna go with what suits my playstyle and in the end the Warlock's skills just don't convince me enough.
The way it goes seems like titans go frontline with heavy armor, hunters close to mid range providing backup, then Warlocks with mid to long range support. Just pick which class suits your attack/support range would be my best advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom