• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

Excellent. Still debating what class to play first. I was sure it was going to be Warlock, but over the last day Titan has been tempting me...
I'm having an internal debate about this myself. In the end I'm making quite a few characters.

Warlocks do get a cool skull helmet later though.

How many people are playing on the NZ servers though? That's the real question. Also, how are the player populated areas of the world looking? I'm hoping not too crowded but not too empty either?

Like you're thinking Bungie didn't turn all the servers on at 8:00, just the ones they set aside for that region? Interesting.

It's definitely weird that Gamespot is severless. Maybe it's their internet?

And now the true wait begins.

xMp0Kra.jpg

Does anyone know what the best PS3 --> PS4 console trade-in deal is in the US? Looks like Gamestop from my limited searching, but if anyone knows a better way I'd appreciate the info.

Bizazedo

It's just so unfortunate. Thought they mentioned AR's getting a nerf while hand cannons/SR's getting a buff.

I feel bad for saying I liked the AR the way it was....but I did.

I saw others have success with the Scout and that boltgun on crack (I always mix up the names, but the charge rifle), so I was hoping AR would be the good all-round weapon :).

Cuphead

Banned
This is the first game I've gotten at launch digital. I've actually never had an issue with an amazon delivery before, but I didn't want to risk it.

I figured I wouldn't regret it since I'll never be selling this game.

No chance of the disc getting messed up one way or another either!

Trace

Banned
I feel bad for saying I liked the AR the way it was....but I did.

I saw others have success with the Scout and that boltgun on crack (I always mix up the names, but the charge rifle), so I was hoping AR would be the good all-round weapon :).
The Fusion Rifle is the charged one.

Respect

Anyone watching a stream, can you confirm if spec lock-in is indeed gone? (If you are playing and can confirm...stop lurking here and play!)

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
About 70% of my work week happens between tues-friday. I work a total of six hours between Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon combined. This sucks.

Stig94

Neo Member
Cømet;128983772 said:
At least it's not just me then! Sat as ready to go too. Maybe they're packing them all now for overnight shipping? We can hope right?

I wouldn't worry yet, I'm in the same boat but their account system is shit. I've had games arrive with "ready to dispatch" still displayed on the site. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow then you should worry...

Yeahh their twitter suggests it should be with us tommorow, parcel must be with RM, lets wait and see.

wiggleb0t

Banned
First midnight launch I've attended. Was no fuss and cool of the store to be open in a lil country town. 40 odd peeps turned up.

Fingers crossed it's only a 250mb update on PS4 until Warlock powers ascend to the realm of gods and rain down spirit bombs upon peasants.

Bizazedo

daym dude!

how many people here are getting multiple versions of the game?

I am. No regrets!

Isn't Destiny running from central servers located in U.S.?

There is no other way I could explain that how I got put into U.S. based PvP lobbies during beta.

Leveling speed seems to be same as it was in beta. Maybe it slows down post 10?

Honestly? When people were saying "Ohhh, leveling speed was nerfed, it'll take longer to hit 8", I thought it was BS because that would literally mean you were locked out of story missions and would have to repeat prior ones / patrol to be able to do the next story missions unless they lowered level requirements.... which they could've done, admittedly, but that fucks up their timing and it means you'd finish the story early.

It didn't make sense.

I could see leveling slowing down more than they had originally planned later, though, but not early.

MADGAME

I'm having last-minute internal conflict on which class to main first. Thought I had it figured out after playing all classes in both the Alpha and Beta, but on I'm on the fence now.

Either Warlock or Titan. Suck it, Hunters.
kidding, don't Arc Blade me, bro

vrln

Neo Member
Quick question for those playing the XB1 version already: did Bungie really pull off resolution parity with the PS4? They were talking about a day 1 patch to 1080P. Asking as Titanfall was promised to be "upgraded" too and nothing ever happened.

Skele7on

Banned
I want my ghost edition now damn it, only 6 hours and I will be in the queue!!

As for my xbox copy it's there and I can't access it, preloading is evil confirmed....

Can't find my bloody oyster card though.... HELP!

Wishing I went with in-store pick up over at Best Buy as they still haven't shipped. I got spoiled by the past preorders I've done there that got shipped the Thursday before so it would arrive on Tuesday. Figured I'd save the gas...heh. Guess it backfired. On the bright side, maybe I'll miss any potential launch day server issues! Hoping I still get it by the weekend...

Omni

So the start of the game is just the beta?

Pretty dull. I feel like I've done all this before (mainly 'cause I have). Meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom