• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing about Patrol missions, though.

Like, for sure, it sucks that you have to go into a separate mode and not just chip away at them while doing story stuff or whatever, but it seems like they've just formalized grinding. It's repetitive but you're creeping towards cooler shit.

I think Bounties are the kind of thing you can do/accomplish during any mission. I don't know, seems cool to me. (Full disclosure, I just like seeing the logos for different factions. I'd read an in game phone book if it had a cool logo.)

Cømet

Banned
Yeahh their twitter suggests it should be with us tommorow, parcel must be with RM, lets wait and see.

That bodes well. Fingers crossed the postie doesn't feel like being a jerk!

EDIT: It just switched to dispatched!

EDIT: Expected delivery date- 11/09 :'(

Skele7on

Banned
janee-meadows.jpg

raindoc

Haven't played the Beta: how is the gunplay and/or weapon selection affected by the class? Does it matter at all, or can a Warlock use a sniper rifle like a Hunter, a machine gun like a Titan?

Karl Hawk

Banned
"It seems like every objective is - get ready to shoot a bunch of guys"

Giant bomb dropping bombs.

Geez, what's your fucking point you're trying to make? You're always negative about Destiny.

I don't like it when people thinking the popularity of Destiny is because of it's marketing campaign. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. The Alpha and the Beta helped give a very positive reception for Destiny.

red731

Guardian! You'll save money!

I want digital edition, but there is no saving money anywhere :D Europe prices are bonkers. I would be paying so much more than needed! :(

I went standard personally because I'm not sure of the staying power of the game for me. I'm sure I'll have fun with it over the next few months, but the first DLC is launching in December right after a few other huge games are launching so not sure how much I'll be playing it.

I will buy the standard too I guess. I want to have this digitaly tho...
Or much cheaper physically...

todd360

And how is Titan the more boring class? I enjoyed it more than Hunter and Warlock.

Don't get offended. I think he just meant boring as in usual tough space marine style. Ok you can be offended if you want. I don't mind. In fact go ahead and be offended. I want to watch you.

Hoo-doo

Banned
And how is Titan the more boring class? I enjoyed it more than Hunter and Warlock.

It's the most 'standard' FPS archetype. Big guns, lots of armor.

I didn't like playing Titan much in the beta, personally. I'll eventually have one of every class though so i'm not missing out either way. ;)

Tovarisc

Okay...so glimmer is the main form of currency, and then you have metal you trade in for glimmer or use to upgrade. Then you have marks for different factions that need to be earned in specific ways? Am I missing anything? What about motes of light?

1. Glimmer is main currency for buying upgrades, gear, vanity stuff etc.

2. Materials like Spinmetal (there is others too) are raw material that can be used for upgrades, sold for cash or reputation. I would hold on to them and use them for gear upgrades when needed.

3. Token [Vanguard or Crucible] are gained by doing quests for them, PvP etc. You can gain 100 / week. Used to buy gear.

4. Motes of Light are "end-game currency" that are gained through gaining XP at level 20. Used to buy gear.

5. There is also items called "Strange Coin" that you should hold on to :)

Can't believe we can't get the game unlocked until 12 am pst. I really wanted to go digital but I would rather play at 12:30 am tonight. Physical it is! yay gas!

NoTacos

You digital guys - standard or digital guardian?

There is that season pass, which we don't know what will cost separately.

DECISIONS
You save $10 on the first season pass when it's included with the digital guardian edition (basically $30 for the pass). The season pass by itself is $35. Each dlc separately will cost you $20 ($40 altogether if bought separately).

Cuphead

Banned
1. Glimmer is main currency for buying upgrades, gear, vanity stuff etc.

2. Materials like Spinmetal (there is others too) are raw material that can be used for upgrades, sold for cash or reputation. I would hold on to them and use them for gear upgrades when needed.

3. Token [Vanguard or Crucible] are gained by doing quests for them, PvP etc. You can gain 100 / week. Used to buy gear.

4. Motes of Light are "end-game currency" that are gained through gaining XP at level 20. Used to buy gear.

5. There is also items called "Strange Coin" that you should hold on to :)

Quoting so more people see this.

Oni3298

BAH! My payment from Amazon was declined because the card I used to preorder it months and months ago no longer works... After I chose a new payment method, I was informed that the shipping changed ti be delivered this Thursday.

Eff that.

I had to cancel and preorder from Gamestop instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom