• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am. No regrets!

Honestly? When people were saying "Ohhh, leveling speed was nerfed, it'll take longer to hit 8", I thought it was BS because that would literally mean you were locked out of story missions and would have to repeat prior ones / patrol to be able to do the next story missions unless they lowered level requirements.... which they could've done, admittedly, but that fucks up their timing and it means you'd finish the story early.

It didn't make sense.

I could see leveling slowing down more than they had originally planned later, though, but not early.

Yeah. I suddenly remembered how fast Bornerland leveled in the beginning, but then…didn't.

Trace

Banned
I'm having last-minute internal conflict on which class to main first. Thought I had it figured out after playing all classes in both the Alpha and Beta, but on I'm on the fence now.

Either Warlock or Titan. Suck it, Hunters.
kidding, don't Arc Blade me, bro
Titan is love, Titan is life.

Proxy

I'm having last-minute internal conflict on which class to main first. Thought I had it figured out after playing all classes in both the Alpha and Beta, but on I'm on the fence now.

Either Warlock or Titan. Suck it, Hunters.
kidding, don't Arc Blade me, bro

The one true way...
Titan.

Tawpgun

Do levels scale as you level up? Meaning its harder to reach the next level?

Because I see the giant bomb guys are around level 5 already, at this rate you could hit 20 in a day or 2...

Brick

rerrerer.png

Awesome. Thanks, Cuphead!

bob page

If I preordered through Best Buy for launch day pickup, does that mean I can go at midnight tonight or are midnight pickups only available to those that specified it?

thenexus6

Cømet;128983772 said:
At least it's not just me then! Sat as ready to go too. Maybe they're packing them all now for overnight shipping? We can hope right?

I read online they are just bad at keeping the customer upto date with their order on their account. Should be shipped out tonight via courier.. Don't let me down tesco. A friend of mine pre-ordered Halo 4 on release and it didn't arrive for weeks

plz don't happen to me this time

anddo0

Digital Guardian Edition pre-ordered and downloading.

Despite my doubts I'm not about to miss out on the biggest game of the year.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm going Warlock or Hunter simply because the game will be overrun with Titans left, right and center anyway.

People always flock to the big tough gunner class, no matter the game or genre, really.

Tovarisc

Do levels scale as you level up? Meaning its harder to reach the next level?

Each level require more XP in order to get to next one, but same time content will give you constantly slightly more XP as quest rewards etc. Basically your stock MMO leveling process.

Trace

Banned
I'm going Warlock or Hunter simply because the game will be overrun with Titans left, right and center anyway.

People always flock to the big tough gunner class, no matter the game or genre, really.
Titan was the least played class in both the alpha and the beta.

Liamc723

My copy will be arriving tomorrow and I don't have any friends who will be picking the game up, so if you're looking for anyone to group up and play with then feel free to add me!

My PSN ID is Liam_Croft.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
25 pages since I last checked before going to bed. The thirst is real.

The thirst is deep, oh so deep.

Been playing for the last couple hours, running extremely fast and loading seems far quicker than the Beta which is awesome. There are new bits to the intro too, it's quite cool - and dinklebot is updated more... love the LE ship as well, Legendary one even!

OK, better go to bed (it's 3am NZT), meeting at 8am... then it's "I'll work from home today" and BOOM!.. back into Destiny! :D

E92 M3

You exchange it for glimmer & marks

Pretty sure you trade stacks of it in to vendors in the tower for rep with various factions.

And use to upgrade uncommon and rare weapons that are obtained in Old Russia etc.

Okay...so glimmer is the main form of currency, and then you have metal you trade in for glimmer or use to upgrade. Then you have marks for different factions that need to be earned in specific ways? Am I missing anything? What about motes of light?

Have we received a straight answer about Destiny and the time it unlocks? (PS4 PSN) Is it gonna unlock at 12 am CST for me or 2 am CST/12 AM PST?

Don't do this, my understanding is that as soon as you take the hard disk out of a PS4 it can't be put back in a PS4 without being reformatted. There was a thread on here a month or so ago, where someone had borrowed a PS4 swapped the hard drive, swapped them back in and couldn't lost all their saves (not backed to cloud).
!

I was only going to swap the HDDs as a courtesy to my buddy so that he'd have the whole 500GB to play with, but now I'm thinking that I'll just let it be. My saves are all in the cloud regardless, and I don't want to mess around with reformatting it. Swapping HDDs was an attractive idea because I wouldn't have had to redownload Destiny, but if I have to reformat it, it'll happen either way.
Damn.
Thanks for the replies!

red731

You digital guys - standard or digital guardian?

There is that season pass, which we don't know what will cost separately.

DECISIONS

Cuphead

Banned
Okay...so glimmer is the main form of currency, and then you have metal you trade in for glimmer or use to upgrade. Then you have marks for different factions that need to be earned in specific ways? Am I missing anything? What about motes of light?

Motes are currency for post level 20 advancement.

DECISIONS

Guardian! You'll save money!

You get Motes of Light after you hit the Level 20 cap. You continue gaining XP and get a Mote after you level up again. Like Paragon Points in Diablo 3.

DECISIONS

I went standard personally because I'm not sure of the staying power of the game for me. I'm sure I'll have fun with it over the next few months, but the first DLC is launching in December right after a few other huge games are launching so not sure how much I'll be playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom