• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirim

Went to sleep, woke up on pre-launch day expecting everyone to be on the edge of their seats.

Return and thread is doom and gloom. Why GAF, why. :/

Only a few more hours!!!!!!

Skele7on

Banned
thanks for the replies everyone....

Looks like that will be the final boos of installs.....

Nearly 6pm here so that means we're down to 6 hours!

Lord the time is actually flying at the moment!!

dustyherb

Asking again because this thread moves crazy fast, and I didn't see a definitive answer.

Has anyone confirmed that the Xbox One version is running at 1080p as they said it would?
Yes I believe it is. I don't know have an Xbox one but I've read plenty of stuff that has been saying it is.

Duxxy3

Asking again because this thread moves crazy fast, and I didn't see a definitive answer.

Has anyone confirmed that the Xbox One version is running at 1080p as they said it would?

Dunno, I would assume so.

Watching an XB1 stream and it looks fine, and framerate seems locked.

Obviously not a digital foundry analysis though.

Was thinking just 12 more hours until I play. Then I noticed the servers don't go live in the U.S. until 3 a.m. EST.

I'm going to scream at a stranger.

Sirim

Got a message from Amazon saying my white ps4 bundle pre-order didnt go through because I didnt have enough funds.

I'm paying off my Gamestop white ps4 today and forgot I had pre-ordered from amazon has a back up ages ago! Good thing I didn't end up with two.

Was thinking just 12 more hours until I play. Then I noticed the servers don't go live in the U.S. until 3 a.m. EST.

I'm going to scream at a stranger.
Servers go live for everyone at the same time. Unless you're referring to digital?

Klyka

Banned
Angry Joe who was hyped as fuck for this game said "Scale back your hype"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cExMKVbQdQ

Destiny seems like a grindfest and has a lot repetitive shoot-outs.

I will never trust people who rely on clicks to feed them because it's always the same thing:

before game comes out = OMG IT'S THE BEST HERE WATCHA LL MY VIDEOS OF IT CLICK THEM ALL!

game comes out = OMG THIS IS NOT AS GOOD AS THEY SAID IT WOULD BE HRE WATCH MY VIDEOS WHERE I SHOW HOW IT'S NOT SO GOOD CLICK THEM!

So my PSN is "Klyka1" (cause I had totally forgotten I once had a Klyka account but that one is gone now)

I don't have any friends who care about this game so it would be great if some PS4 players could shoot me friend requests and if you ever see me online feel free to ask me if I want to play.
I want to try and be quite social with this game.

Ditto, add me. PSN:NarcissisticJay

Kane1345

The mixture of trolling and possible spoilers has turned this thread a bit crappy so imma back out. Godspeed to the regulars and have fun if you're playing! :) (although you're playing so you can't read this anyway :p)

Klyka

Banned
Pretty much everybody who I've seen stream/ or have this game say it's not worth the hype. That's dissapointing but expected.

There are people who say Warframe is a shitty grindy piece of shit game and I absolutely adore it and have played it for almost 50 hours in the last week.

Opinions man,how do they work.

MMaRsu

That was pretty evident from the alpha and beta though. If people were expecting something else, I have a hard time understanding what they took away from the alpha/beta in terms of what Destiny was about gameplay wise.

Everybody was saying during the beta

Ofcourse it's not very varied because it's a BETA and therefore I have faith Bungie will add more content to make the gameplay more diverse.

Just like the guns, where are the exotic weapons? It's cool we get a few skills per gun and per class, but honestly why are there no alien weapons like a needler type gun or whatever?

I'm actually seriously bummed out I bought this game because I'm not even sure anymore if it's the game it was hyped up to be. It's honestly too light on content. Yes I haven't played the full game but we can make a good assumption.

It was all evident from the hyping that Bungie did, but couldn't come close to reaching "See that map over there? I can walk over there RIGHT NOW if I wanted". Shit like that.

I will never trust people who rely on clicks to feed them because it's always the same thing:

before game comes out = OMG IT'S THE BEST HERE WATCHA LL MY VIDEOS OF IT CLICK THEM ALL!

game comes out = OMG THIS IS NOT AS GOOD AS THEY SAID IT WOULD BE HRE WATCH MY VIDEOS WHERE I SHOW HOW IT'S NOT SO GOOD CLICK THEM!

It's kind of amazing how little they mention the key differentiators; the world of the game, the armor and weapons you can get, etc.

It's like all these "this is boring" takes on the game are just evaluating the lines of code that guide encounter rates and damage and not looking at anything built around it.

TUSR

Banned
How different are the load times opening up the equip menu between the PS3 and PS4 for those who played both?

I had a gripe with the speed of menus on PS3

The mixture of trolling and possible spoilers has turned this thread a bit crappy so imma back out. Godspeed to the regulars and have fun if you're playing! :) (although you're playing so you can't read this anyway :p)

I hope Karl Hawk doesn't get even higher blood pressure from this.

Sirim

Yeaaah...I'm with you.

See you all on the other side everyone!

1EZyztr.gif

There are people who say Warframe is a shitty grindy piece of shit game and I absolutely adore it and have played it for almost 50 hours in the last week.

Opinions man,how do they work.
I think Warframe is grindy as fuck, but the gameplay is pretty rad so I can see why people like it
Also it's better if you spend money

dustyherb

I think I'll wait a week to take any of these reviews as credible. A lot of these guys are throwing up vids for the hits but the content and journalism just isn't there yet. You can't review a game after playing it for a few hours.
That's exactly how I feel. Not that I even pay attention to reviews anymore, if I want a game I'm going to get it no matter what reviews say. I think before any of these guys say don't get hyped or anything they should play the game a little longer rather then just a couple hours.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I feel the same way. I guess we can only wait and see. I'm actually kind of surprised at the amount of hype. So far, it seems to me that it brings nothing new to the table.

Right? It's like a small hodge podge of game genres blended in a fresh take on the standard FPS but it's not a revolution like some journos are calling it.

It lacks the scope in my opinion. It's gotta be truly open ended if it wants to warrant that. Like, each hub would have to be its own living open world. With instances to discover and explore, not having to access bigger events from menus.

Opening a Strike mission from the main menu instead of randomly finding it while trekking through an unexplored area doesn't enhance the feeling of being a frontiersman-like Guardian... y'know? It feels kinda last-gen TBH.

What I've played, it's neat, but not that mind boggling. Can't believe the aesthetics has gotten people so enamored.

Seventy70

Because the first 4-5 hours with not everyone online is the whole game? Anyone who didn't expect grinding didn't play the Alpha/Beta to closely...

This wouldn't be a problem if Bungie was straight forward with what the game was instead of getting people hyped and then disappointed.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Right? It's like a small hodge podge of game genres blended in a fresh take on the standard FPS but it's not a revolution like some journos are calling it.

It lacks the scope in my opinion. It's gotta be truly open ended if it wants to warrant that. Like, each hub would have to be its own living open world. With instances to discover and explore, not having to access bigger events from menus.

Opening a Strike mission from the main menu instead of randomly finding it while trekking through an unexplored area doesn't enhance the feeling of being a frontiersman-like Guardian... y'know? It feels kinda last-gen TBH.

What I've played, it's neat, but not that mind boggling. Can't believe the aesthetics has gotten people so enamored.

Well, it is still a last gen game since those consoles had to be in mind through development. So sadly it is pretty inevitable it'll be held back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom