• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great idea +1 to this. Bungie listen to this man

I think that would fit in lore-wise. Warlocks would be poring over the history of man to learn more of the Traveler and the Golden Age it brought, trying to find out more about the Light, and the Darkness and its threats. They can even use that knowledge to build new weapons/amp for Guardians or improvements for the Tower and the Last City on Earth that lies below it. Guardians are going out not just to fight and take back the planets we lost, but also to learn more about the enemies we face. This knowledge can then be passed onto new Guardians via their floating Kindle Ghost; since they were newly resurrected they might not know anything that's going on. Then we can give the Covenant back their bomb push back the Darkness and win the fight.

The big newsstand in Grand Central Station. Swimming in them. But it's a Hudson News so ostensibly any of them should have it.

BRB taking my Sparrow cross country to Grand Central Station.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I pretty much got a PS4 primarily for this, but I'm going in fairly blind and it's exciting. Didn't play any beta, haven't done a whole lot of innernet research or whatever. I guess I'll make a warlock because space magic?

Marvel

could never
I pretty much got a PS4 primarily for this, but I'm going in fairly blind and it's exciting. Didn't play any beta, haven't done a whole lot of innernet research or whatever. I guess I'll make a warlock because space magic?
Hope you enjoy it, try all three classes though.

More interaction with your ghost is welcome. Also a good idea

The Library I envisioned could be a digital one. Maybe you can take your Ghost there to upload/download data securely (yeah you receive mission orders from people in the Tower when you're on Earth, but you need to store the Grimoire information somewhere).

Edit-
It would be cool to see a room in the Tower with a bunch of Ghosts flying around curating things, with a Warlock as Head Librarian sitting down and poring over notes about the Vex or Cabal and spouting NPC lines like "Thanks for the data, Guardian. Just upload it over there." "Hmm, this data on the Hive is fascinating." "Mjolnir Armor? Sounds like something our Guardians can use."

Joeki11a

Banned
Does this game have a full blown single player story? halo style that has a main super persona for years to come?.

Or is this game going to be used for TDM and the usual MP craze?, please tell me it isnt just another MP game to sell freaking map packs.

GutZ31

The Library I envisioned could be a digital one. Maybe you can take your Ghost there to upload/download data securely (yeah you receive mission orders from people in the Tower when you're on Earth, but you need to store the Grimoire information somewhere).

Azarus Servers.

Does this game have a full blown single player story? halo style that has a main super persona for years to come?.

Or is this game going to be used for TDM and the usual MP craze
You make a character from the beginning, and stick with it for everything. You can make 3 characters, each can play story, and MP.
Story is about your character saving the solar system, it is technically always online.

Kane1345

Ah yes the ultimate combination of both ideas. Maybe you could access the library whilst looking at your private storage or something

I seem to remember just vaguely hearing that the Ghost edition might contain some kind of surprise. Specifically I think, something the Ghost itself in the box can do. It's probably minor, nothing amazing. But wonder what it is.

We already know it has lights and voice clips. What else could there be? maybe an NFC tag or something?

HaleStorm

Or is this game going to be used for TDM and the usual MP craze?, please tell me it isnt just another MP game to sell freaking map packs.

It does. It is unclear how indepth it will be, but there are 5 story missions per planet that we know of so far, and the loot/weapon progression will definitely make it pretty important to play PvE.

Marvel

could never
I seem to remember just vaguely hearing that the Ghost edition might contain some kind of surprise. Specifically I think, something the Ghost itself in the box can do. It's probably minor, nothing amazing. But wonder what it is.

We already know it has lights and voice clips. What else could there be? maybe an NFC tag or something?
Hope it Twerks.

RiverKwai

It flies around and scans nearby computers and communication devices for valuable information.

It just shows you a hologram of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giSLLG02Ex0

Jinjo

Has it been confirmed there are more character customization options? Found the character creation in the beta kinda lacking in choice.

KevinG

I think I asked this in the withdrawel thread, but I'm tempted to try Walmart or Target on launch day to find a PS4 Ghost Edition.

Do you think I'll have any luck?

I've been waiting on Amazon to get some stock, but I've lost hope.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
After playing Diablo so much it'll be nice to play a game with good art, lol.

Decided to finally pre order this game I did kind of enjoy the beta when I played it on PS3 and since my brother got himself a PS4 I'll be using his to play the PS4 ver. of the game.

zlatko

Banned
Amazon ships the day before release, they overnight it. So Monday. Never had any issues. They NEVER ship early. At least in the US

They had the promo for free Amazon Prime or whatever when I pre ordered the Limited Edition.

I set it up for that to get the free 2 day shipping and then cancelled out of Prime before it would start billing. It shows right now it is estimated to deliver 09-09-2014.

Is this a mistake? I didn't see a "free release day shipping" option for it when I pre ordered sadly.

Grewitch

Question about lore: how is there not any documents of what happened during the Golden Age? Did it all happen over night? How did they not know they were being attacked. Did people just die?

/confused

Well, I'm no expert, however I would imagine that one way to destroy a civilization is to destroy their libraries and cultural and historical artifacts as well as kill off the majority of educated adults. Place the following generation in a state where the priority is survival, and that should pretty much get the job done. All of this is condensed into: "bomb them back to the stone age".

It's one of the reason's I like Charlie Wilson's War, because it's smart enough to address this very point.

Since Bungie have said 'The City' is the last surviving city in the whole world, and that it was built some time after the collapse, it's safe to say a lot of things about the Golden Age would have been lost but not all. Uncovering the lost history is something I hope is in the game to discover.

I asked this once before and didn't get any feedback so I wanted to ask again...Is the Destiny issue of Newsweek worth picking up or is it just a collection or stuff we already know?

They had the promo for free Amazon Prime or whatever when I pre ordered the Limited Edition.

I set it up for that to get the free 2 day shipping and then cancelled out of Prime before it would start billing. It shows right now it is estimated to deliver 09-09-2014.

Is this a mistake? I didn't see a "free release day shipping" option for it when I pre ordered sadly.

They charge for release date delivery now. As long as it says the ETA is on the 9th then you should be good.

sk3tch

zlatko

Banned
They charge for release date delivery now. As long as it says the ETA is on the 9th then you should be good.

Wewh. Okay good.

I have a back up gamestop copy pre ordered for a normal edition just in case release day hits and I'm empty handed.

This way I can take back to Gamestop the unopened normal edition within the Limited and use the in store credit to pay off like...Dragon Age or something.

Figments

If I were to get stuck in a video game as my avatar (a la Log Horizon), I wouldn't mind getting stuck in Destiny.

...is that weird? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom