• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushBAK

2AM for me. I get off work at 9PM tonight, and took both Tuesday and Wednesday off. Really looking forward to this game, have been jonsing since the beta.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Has the news media or moms against violent video games said anything about Destiny? I know I've met quite a few people who didn't play Halo who aren't interested. To me, this is a fantastic time. A lot of us followed Bungie since they first started.

I know I'm older and when Halo 2 was big there seemed like there were more, should I say, "believers" in Bungie and their talent. They've basically sold an already made game to MS and 343 Industries. Bungie did all the hard work.

All of you suffering for the game not getting there on time imagine my worry when tomorrow I'll be talking to employers and then doing other work well into the night. I won't touch the game for so long.

I keep checking this thread whilst working and am persistently greeted by negativity today. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it seems that those who haven't aactually played the game are making the most noise. That's disheartening to say the least considering how positive the community has kept this place up until now.

I won't be playing until tomorrow afternoon, but I'm looking forward to reading the impressions of those who are currently playing when they choose to take a break. Until then, enjoy the game, everyone!

Has anyone posted any exotic/legendary loot drops yet?

I'm still excited for the game!!!

IronRinn

Posted a few pages back. What is weird, I placed my order with next day delivery and I got an email saying I wont get it till Thursday. WTF is up with that?

Anyways, I already have the game pre-downloaded.

So for any Gaf Xbox One owners, I will have a copy and the season pass up for sale later this week. Willing to sell the game for $50 and the DLC for $20 if interested PM.

Had the same problem (PS4 version), posted a ways back.

Hawk269

2AM for me. I get off work at 9PM tonight, and took both Tuesday and Wednesday off. Really looking forward to this game, have been jonsing since the beta.

Interesting, I am on the exact same schedule as you, I get off at 10pm tonight and have Tuesday and Wednesday off. Go Destiny!! hehehe

MKAllDay

Not until tomorrow. (9th)

Lame.

Though as I am looking at it, it appears I could just cancel my preorder with Amazon and preorder the same Digital Guardian Edition off the PS store which does support preloading. Does anyone know of a reason not to? Appears to be the same product at same price.

Raide

Well, it technically didn't get past their testing, since they patch it before release.

But QA is a tricky job.

I suppose. As long as the patches keep on coming with updates and content in-between the expansion packs, the game should keep flowing nicely.

Aesthet1c

I'm not really sure what people were expecting this game to be. Yes there will be lots of repetitive grinding in this game. You will be grinding to get to level 20, after that you will grind strikes and faction rep to get into the raid, after that you will grind the raid to get awesome loot. That's what this game is and hasn't ever really been billed as anything different.

If you thought the story component was going to be on the same levels as a focused Halo campaign, you will be sorely disappointed.

That being said, my hype levels are still at maximum!

anddo0

WTF do you guys really put that much weight into what these guys say?

Did you play the alpha or the beta?

I played both, but wasn't blown away.

I'm hoping the full game offers more story, and is a little more exciting than Earth.
I was going to wait and see. However, with this type of game you don't really have the luxury of waiting.. Get in now, or play half empty world later.

I'm looking forward to playing the game mostly solo when possible. But it's no fun doing strikes/raids by yourself. Who knows where the community will be in a few months.

Pejo

Nite Owl screaming at pulverized Rorschach.gif

What does an "ultra" combatant mean exactly? I was largely thinking of going Titan as my primary class because i loved the time that flashbangs bought you. Does this mean the enemies with the yellow health bars? or is it a pvp thing?

I hope all the good loot isn't blocked in the crucible. I have no intention to spend much of any time in it. PvP isn't why I want this game.

Cuphead

Banned

OffensiveIndolentBelugawhale.gif

SirNinja

Raide

I'm not really sure what people were expecting this game to be. Yes there will be lots of repetitive grinding in this game. You will be grinding to get to level 20, after that you will grind strikes and faction rep to get into the raid, after that you will grind the raid to get awesome loot. That's what this game is and hasn't ever really been billed as anything different.

If you thought the story component was going to be on the same levels as a focused Halo campaign, you will be sorely disappointed.

That being said, my hype levels are still at maximum!

If they can make the grind fun and exiting, then it won't feel like a grind. If its the same monsters over and over, then it will feel uber grindy,

What does an "ultra" combatant mean exactly? I was largely thinking of going Titan as my primary class because i loved the time that flashbangs bought you. Does this mean the enemies with the yellow health bars? or is it a pvp thing?

Yellow health bars that aren't bosses. Like Knights, Captains, etc..

t hicks

Banned
My hype couldn't get higher for this game. Haven't been this hyped for a game since Halo 3!
I'll see you all at 3AM when the digital version goes online. I have 2 days off and i look forward to playing with you all :)

Robbit

Banned
I've noticed that, for unimportant purchases, UPS shows up at a decent hour. However, if it's something that I really want, then they put me on the "Delivered by 8 PM" bus. It's like they know.
I love it when people start becoming incredibly anxious and start posting things like "A UPS truck just drove by my house and didn't stop! WTF?!"

taco543

I'm pretty depressed my ghost edition is in transit but my ps4 bundle is still preparing for shipment, expected date for both are still tomorrow.

I keep checking this thread whilst working and am persistently greeted by negativity today. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it seems that those who haven't aactually played the game are making the most noise. That's disheartening to say the least considering how positive the community has kept this place up until now.

I won't be playing until tomorrow afternoon, but I'm looking forward to reading the impressions of those who are currently playing when they choose to take a break. Until then, enjoy the game, everyone!

Has anyone posted any exotic/legendary loot drops yet?

Unfortunately this happens for every single major game release. The most negativity always comes in the first week, then those people leave while the ones who enjoy the game just shut up and play.

Most people see some stream for 20 minutes and proceed to go in to "WORST GAEM EVAR" mode. While some have valid criticisms and concerns, most people that are vocal are ones who have not played the game/have some idea in their head that the game was supposed to offer something different.

All I say is if you played alpha/beta and enjoyed it then you will at least get your moneys worth on the full game.

There are a lot more worse things you could waste $60 on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom