• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respect

Lame.

Though as I am looking at it, it appears I could just cancel my preorder with Amazon and preorder the same Digital Guardian Edition off the PS store which does support preloading. Does anyone know of a reason not to? Appears to be the same product at same price.

No reason as far as I can see...I would just get PSN cards from Amazon and use that. (That is what most peeps do when they buy things through the PSN store)

SRTtoZ

OffensiveIndolentBelugawhale.gif

Now even more hyped!!!!

RiverKwai

I'm looking forward to playing the game mostly solo when possible. But it's no fun doing strikes/raids by yourself. Who knows where the community will be in a few months.

Well there will be people around, but grinding low level strikes may not be interesting to them at that point. Hopefully there will be a steady influx of people for you to play with whenever you get to it. If there is, then Destiny is a success, because the initial hardcore rush isn't who's going to make this 10 year plan work. Hopefully there will be new players trickling in all the time.

:)

Grewitch

Gaf, yesterday I went to Birmingham and passed a shop called Destiny somethingortheother and I knew it was a sign.

Today I was waiting for Royal Mail to turn up. I saw couriers for both my neighbours arrive and I had hope, and I waited and waited, alas they did not arrive.

I console my self with the remembrance that yesterday I had the best damn milkshake I have ever tasted in my life. Oh my God, it was so good, I can still remember it. Belgium Chocolate and banana. My God. Delicious!

Destiny had better turn up tomorrow, early. Can't wait to meet up with you and play my first proper on-line team game.

I think I'll watch Eurogamer's Let's Play when it starts again at 9pm, that will pass the time for tonight.

So damn close.

Hype is getting to me more and more. Someone please rush through the pre-end game as fast as possible and tell me how much content/area size there is so I know whether to buy it or not pls

mid83

Unfortunately this happens for every single major game release. The most negativity always comes in the first week, then those people leave while the ones who enjoy the game just shut up and play.

Most people see some stream for 20 minutes and proceed to go in to "WORST GAEM EVAR" mode. While some have valid criticisms and concerns, most people that are vocal are ones who have not played the game/have some idea in their head that the game was supposed to offer something different.

All I say is if you played alpha/beta and enjoyed it then you will at least get your moneys worth on the full game.

There are a lot more worse things you could waste $60 on.

I have a feeling some people were expecting a 50 level 100+ campaign that resembled more of a full blown MMO.

I know for sure I'll be playing this off and on for a while. This and Diablo 3 are going to be on my PS4 for a long long time.

Respect

I love it when people start becoming incredibly anxious and start posting things like "A UPS truck just drove by my house and didn't stop! WTF?!"

What is the benefit of that method?

Just since the PSN hack a couple years ago, people are a little leery about using their credit card on PSN at the moment. So people feel more comfortable going through a third party for the PSN cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom