• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSN store is still charging me full price for the PS4 game (after buying it last night on PS3).

Seriously still no word about when the PS4 version will appear for Free?? This is cutting it mighty close...

would suck if it'll show up after the regular PSN store update.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Some weird promotional stuff going on here in Bellevue. They have a street shut down and someone is about to jump out of an airplane onto a Destiny logo in the street. They're also building what looks like a spaceship in the next door plaza in front of Bungie HQ.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
There was a screen of a titan slashing enemies with a sword so I guess all classes can go 3rd person with that sword.
Omggg I love third person. It's one big thing I wanted more of and here it is! Thank you bungie.

Monster hunter vibes are comming off pn boss battles.

K1ng P3n

Looks like I won't be getting this then. Can't believe Bungie is downgrading the PS4 version.

You really not going to get a PS4 game because it looks identical to an Xbox One game? What if it's actually a good, fun game? Isn't that the whole reason we play games because their fun?

Threw my name into the hat in the clan thread, but is there another thread for collecting gamertags of GAFers playing this?

I have one or two IRL buddies playing on PS4, and I'm an idiot with a problem, so I'm buying two copies of the game, lol.

The more west coast Destiny players I can get on my friends list, the better.

PSN: Jaeger_Dice
Class: Titan

Will mostly play PvE based on the beta. Didn't love the PvP... but like any online game, the right group of people could probably get me in there and loving it.

You really not going to get a PS4 game because it looks identical to an Xbox One game? What if it's actually a good, fun game? Isn't that the whole reason we play games because their fun?

What? No. We play games to shit on people who buy different consoles than we do. Anything else would be stupid.

shuri

Banned
I just a weird feeling about this game. It looks great in concept, but I just have the feeling that when I'll get down to try it out, I'm going to be letdown :(

I'll wait for further impressions from you guys. Don't fail me.

TMC

Anyone else not have their copy of the game ship yet from Amazon? I have release date delivery, but mine has yet to ship. Getting worried..

Marvel

could never
Threw my name into the hat in the clan thread, but is there another thread for collecting gamertags of GAFers playing this?

I have one or two IRL buddies playing on PS4, and I'm an idiot with a problem, so I'm buying two copies of the game, lol.

Here is the rather helpful spreadsheet of GAFERS to add one another, with time zones and different platforms

Just scroll down a little.

A thread will most likely not be created for adding friends, do it here or refer to the linked spreadsheet my friend.

Some weird promotional stuff going on here in Bellevue. They have a street shut down and someone is about to jump out of an airplane onto a Destiny logo in the street. They're also building what looks like a spaceship in the next door plaza in front of Bungie HQ.

Awesome, lol. Wish I went! Are they giving away free copies of the game too? They might as well.

taco543

Anyone else not have their copy of the game not ship yet? I have release date delivery, but mine has yet to ship. Getting worried..
Shipping usually occurs at about 4pm pst so adjust to your time zone but if it hasn't shipped yet by then, then u should be afraid and if u Check before between 3 and 4 and the status hasn't changed I'd say chat with amazon because they might change to one day shipping for free

No, because console wars!

Seriously though, I agree with you, if a game is fun then get it. Does it matter if the game doesn't have a few extra special effects if the game is actually good...

Respect

Hunter?

deer-attacks-back-hunter-who-came-to-kil-it.gif

Yeahhhhh...no.

This GIF gets me every time.

I wish Bungie would give us an option of unlocking/locking the frame rate like SS and KSF have. Unless certain things like physics are coded with 30fps in mind and things would get broken, as well as PvP differences etc.

Yes I don't mind framerate drops as much as most people do. Not that I think this game would drop much unless in super heavy action, but most games fail to hold up to high frames no matter what in those situations. I'd personally take 45-60fps anyday over locked 30.

I just a weird feeling about this game. It looks great in concept, but I just have the feeling that when I'll get down to try it out, I'm going to be letdown :(

I'll wait for further impressions from you guys. Don't fail me.

I thought it looked boring until I played the beta. It's a fun game. (And I hate everything)

Guys do we know exactly what the Radiance skill on the sunslinger does yet? The base skill I mean. "dramatically increases the effectiveness of all abilities" is very vague.

Will mostly play PvE based on the beta. Didn't love the PvP... but like any online game, the right group of people could probably get me in there and loving it.

There's a link to a googledoc spreadsheet per platform in the Clan OT, there was nearly 600 names in the PS4 list last time i looked. I'd start there, buy snacks, it'll take a while :)

TMC

Shipping usually occurs at about 4pm pst so adjust to your time zone but if it hasn't shipped yet by then, then u should be afraid and if u Check before between 3 and 4 and the status hasn't changed I'd say chat with amazon because they might change to one day shipping for free

Thanks. I will keep an eye on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom