• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone having trouble downloading the Vanguard Armory?

Nearly everyone. I think it'll unlock at launch. Hopefully it'll autodownload again otherwise you can push a retry from the Playstation/SEN site when you login. I forget which.

I've doubled my friends list in the last day. Now i have 8 friends! :)

Z3M0G

it says everything in the faq....the game isn;t even out yet

The PlayStation®4 digital upgrade will be available to you as close to launch as possible. We anticipate the PlayStation®4 version will be ready for you by Wednesday 9/10 at 6pm PDT, but please check back here for updates. Unfortunately, the PlayStation®4 upgrade will NOT be available for pre-order or pre-load.

http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

Thank you! I've been there, but didn't see that text...

Hey this Grimoire code stuff: http://dd.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2fmp4u/all_25_codes/

What is this?

At the very least there's no downside to tossing in all the codes before starting the game?

Go for it. Everyone else has, i think they are 'public' codes and there are other one-time use codes that come with the game.

I think this is right:
Grimoire Cards give lore and *may* have status effects.
Emblems are little sigils that show above your head. They're pretty.
Shaders are 'dyes' for gear.

vypek

Hey this Grimoire code stuff: http://dd.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2fmp4u/all_25_codes/

What is this?

At the very least there's no downside to tossing in all the codes before starting the game?

Unlocks a whole bunch of stuff. redeem them on bungies site. And I put in a lot a few weeks ago. No harm in it as far as I can tell

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't see you meant specifically the grimoire stuff. I think thats just the cards. Not too sure right now. Actually in class at the moment but I'll look it up later.

Thread going crazy!

Me and 2 of my buddies will be on this constantly for the next few weeks it seems. But will need 3 more for the raids or whatever they are called.

Add me up so we can get these sessions going!

PSN: WirableSea

Goretrail

Got the text from best buy saying my ghost edition was ready to be picked up, website confirmed. I knew the would not gimme it, but as I needed to go there to get a dongle to slide in my slot, I gave it a shot. I was of course shot down. I told the lady she was mean and slipped out of the store with my head held low and my dongle in my hand.

Midnight is too far away. I am just trying to get as much worked mocked out of the way today so I can veg out tomorrow with a pot of coffee, my new glacier white ps4 and matching gold headset, and my silly edition.

WarMacheen

From the patch notes

Rusted Lands

Line-of-sight spawn influencers changed to reduce spawning near enemies.
Level-of-detail volumes adjusted for better performance on slower platforms.

Shores of Time

Playable space volumes adjusted to remove exploit zones
Level-of-detail volumes adjusted for better performance on slower platforms.

I can't upgrade to the ps4 version >_<
I've already downloaded and played a portion of the ps3 version.
Does the upgrade scheme have a start date or is it region specific?

Orayn

Anyone know how Gamestop digital copies for current-gen games work? I think I can get access to the game sooner since I would supposedly get my code at midnight local time, but I'm really not sure.

I got a question about the entire preload thingy.

I ordered it from the PSN store but I have €0 in my wallet but it says it will make the transaction between the 7th and 10th of September.

Will I eventually get the info that I need to pay first considering I do not use a CC but just the European IDEAL to pay.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but regarding the physical release:

Will the game just install like any other game disc and be immediately available for play, or will it need to download a bunch of stuff from Bungie's server/installer?

The fact that preloaders only had the smaller 18 gig file kind of worries me (my download speeds are pretty slow, I'd like to put in a few hours tonight to at least get through the opening nonsense again)

Almost tempted to crash when I get home, sleep through the eve and be ready to go at unlock. But, knowing my luck, there'll be login problems, server maintenance, etc. galore preventing me from playing. Meeeeeeh.

Respect

Anyone know how Gamestop digital copies for current-gen games work? I think I can get access to the game sooner since I would supposedly get my code at midnight local time, but I'm really not sure.

Believe someone earlier mentioned the codes will get sent at 12:01am PST.

Korten

Banned
Woot, Best Buy is sending codes out a 1 AM EST. Though the game unlocks at 3 AM EST right for Digital? Guess I will get a little download time in before release. :)

Milennia

Going to throw up my PSN, my main goal is to get raid ready ASAP and tackle that each week , if anyone is interested throw me an add.

PSN: cyborg1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom