• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Go for it. Everyone else has, i think they are 'public' codes and there are other one-time use codes that come with the game.

I think this is right:
Grimoire Cards give lore and *may* have status effects.
Emblems are little sigils that show above your head. They're pretty.
Shaders are 'dyes' for gear.
Unlocks a whole bunch of stuff. redeem them on bungies site. And I put in a lot a few weeks ago. No harm in it as far as I can tell

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't see you meant specifically the grimoire stuff. I think thats just the cards. Not too sure right now. Actually in class at the moment but I'll look it up later.
Word. So... minor spoilers I guess, also it's in spanish click

You can collect these from locations and enemies and they have little bits of lore on them I guess? Seems pretty cool.

Oh man, Hand Cannons work much, much better now. It's a satisfying headshot every time.

I want to use handcannons now. They looked so cool in the beta but they were so worthless.

Sounds like auto-rifle is still king of PvP though.

That's good to hear. I really wanted to use them in the beta but they were totally useless, very disappointing.

Hope I can put them to some actual use in the retail game. It's the Hunter's trademark weapon and yet no hunters really used them because of how bad they were.

vypek

Word. So... minor spoilers I guess, also it's in spanish click

You can collect these from locations and enemies and they have little bits of lore on them I guess? Seems pretty cool.

Okay. Cool thanks. I thought it was something like that but I wasn't sure. Its just earlier access to the grimoire card then. Sounds good. Turns out I redeemed the ones from that link but at least got the emblems that I didn't redeem before. Awesome script for inputting the codes quickly too.

RoKKeR

Just got my $100 in Amazon credit... I was set on not getting the digital guardian edition and saving the rest for Forza Horizon 2 but now my friends are trying to convince me otherwise haha.

Argh, thoughts? It's a straight up better deal if I decide to get the expansions down the line, right?

Q. If I pre-ordered the PlayStation®3 digital version, when will my PlayStation®4 digital version of Destiny be available?

The PlayStation®4 digital upgrade will be available to you as close to launch as possible. We anticipate the PlayStation®4 version will be ready for you by Wednesday 9/10 at 6pm PDT, but please check back here for updates. Unfortunately, the PlayStation®4 upgrade will NOT be available for pre-order or pre-load.

Damn it. Sure I'll still have the PS3 version to play and progress is cross-gen, but I want to start off on the prettiest version! That's okay. Hopefully thats a conservative estimate and they get it worked out by Wednesday morning, because that's when Ill really get some time to play!

2 hours of work left today.. tomorrow I am leaving early 2pm and will be playing from 3pm to 1am a good solid 10 hours of Destiny.

Deep Vein Thrombosis here I come!

Beaulieu

PSN store is weird with how it presents its info

If I want to pre-load, I have to buy the 100$ version or can I also preload with the 70$ version ?

Also, Ill have to wait midnight west to play, even if i live in the east ? That's a little stupid if so, I guess I'll just go grab a physical copy at midnight...

Respect

Power just turned back on in my house and the store I preordered from is still having a midnight launch. It's a Destiny Miracle!

Seinfeld-Its-a-Festivus-Miracle.gif

Orayn

Believe someone earlier mentioned the codes will get sent at 12:01am PST.

The Gamestop page says I'd get a code at 12:01 CST, but it doesn't really matter if that code is equivalent to a normal PSN preorder in that I'd need to wait for it to unlock after the download.

I guess I'm fretting over $4 in sales tax and potentially playing about an hour earlier. I should probably just go to bed early and get up to play at 4:00 or 5:00. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom