• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

Is there serious risk of this game simply not stacking up against Borderlands?

It's an honest question... I really didn't like Borderlands... but when you think about them side by side, Borderlands seriously offered a lot for its time. This game offers PVP and a sorta-social hub with a larger number of players to see each other, and dance... i guess? But other aspects are starting to stack in Borderlands favor, possibly? Exploration, quest/mission variety, etc?

I don't like that I find myself making these comparisons... I really don't...
I've played both, and I honestly don't see any resemblance in how the 2 games play. Maybe on paper they may seem similar.

taco543

Just got my $100 in Amazon credit... I was set on not getting the digital guardian edition and saving the rest for Forza Horizon 2 but now my friends are trying to convince me otherwise haha.

Argh, thoughts? It's a straight up better deal if I decide to get the expansions down the line, right?
Not really expansion pass is 35 and in that edition it only costs 30 more plus u get collectible skins not in the pass.

The PSN download server is holding up pretty well. I am now downloading the preload of Destiny and it takes me around 2-3 hours to download 21 GB.

Color me surprised.

Marvel

could never
Your avatar makes me happy.
i2GXIuRa8Vidy.gif

I guess I'm fretting over $4 in sales tax and potentially playing about an hour earlier. I should probably just go to bed early and get up to play at 4:00 or 5:00. :p

Haha I'm thinking about doing the same. I may just have to take some Tylenol PM after work and hop in bed.

Beaulieu

reposting for new page...

PSN store is weird with how it presents its info

If I want to pre-load, I have to buy the 100$ version or can I also preload with the 70$ version ?

Also, Ill have to wait midnight west to play, even if i live in the east ? That's a little stupid if so, I guess I'll just go grab a physical copy at midnight...

H1PSTER

You know what sucks?

I promised my girlfriend I wouldn't play until she gets home from work.

I haven't seen ANY streams, I haven't seen any footage nor spoilers... I just popped into this thread to say fuck you guys for having fun without me.

I am so god-damn jealous

BrettWeir

Damn Amazon better ship soon. No idea how it's going to be here by tomorrow with it not shipping yet. First time I've used Amazon on a pre-order. Do they typically wait this long into a day before a game launches?

Chris R

Yay! My copy of the game shipped!

Oh wait, Amazon decides to punish me for dropping prime by shipping it with the WORST carrier of them all :(

I should get my copy sometime LATE next week :|

darthbob

You know what sucks?

I promised my girlfriend I wouldn't play until she gets home from work.

I haven't seen ANY streams, I haven't seen any footage nor spoilers... I just popped into this thread to say fuck you guys for having fun without me.

I am so god-damn jealous

You'll be happier for it when you actually get to sit down and play, trust me.

Guys do we know exactly what the Radiance skill on the sunslinger does yet? The base skill I mean. "dramatically increases the effectiveness of all abilities" is very vague.

I did a little digging on this and found this video

At the 2:10 time stamp you can see a player, while using radiance, can one-hit kill a player and vehicle with a melee attack. That's pretty "dramatic" indeed!

Damn Amazon better ship soon. No idea how it's going to be here by tomorrow with it not shipping yet. First time I've used Amazon on a pre-order. Do they typically wait this long into a day before a game launches?

I've gotten shipment notification at 5pm Monday and it was here the next day. Never let me down.

so what's so special about this game? is it open world mmo? are the maps big?

sorry i don't know much about this game.. all i know is that everyone is talking about it. i played halo series and really enjoyed both sp and mp. is the core gameplay similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom