• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my $100 in Amazon credit... I was set on not getting the digital guardian edition and saving the rest for Forza Horizon 2 but now my friends are trying to convince me otherwise haha.

Argh, thoughts? It's a straight up better deal if I decide to get the expansions down the line, right?

I originally had the LE preordered on Amazon and after tax/shipping/whatever it came to around $110.
Switching to the Digital Guardian Edition knocked it down to $90, so that was nice. And now I get both the ps3 and ps4 versions.

I'm fairly certain I'll be interested in the expansions so the DGE furthers saves me money down the road.

Made sense for me. Only makes sense for you if you're fairly confident that you will get the expansions later. Think so?

Watching some PS4 streams and the visuals look improved to me.

I know the game is fairly hampered by the fact that it was developed cross-gen and cross-platform, so all I was hoping for in retail was better AA/filtering to make it more clear and sharper. It wasnt so good in the beta. Not expecting much else in that area.

matmanx1

Why is this thread moving so fast?? Is this game hyped or something? (just kidding!) Won't have time to play until tomorrow evening when I get home from work so hopefully things will be running smoothly at that time.

See you soon, Guardians!

vypek

Just for others, my PSN is "tempest3", same as my username if you want to add me. I'm EDT but also focusing on my final semester at school and its a touch courseload. But most of my free time will be towards this game. If my PS4 is on it will most likely be for Destiny.

I'll confirm friend requests ASAP with the PS app

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is so rad. I love all the creative Destiny love out there.

zpBbyHvm.jpg

https://twitter.com/magglefraggle/status/509063760535764992

BrettWeir

I originally had the LE preordered on Amazon and after tax/shipping/whatever it came to around $110.
Switching to the Digital Guardian Edition knocked it down to $90, so that was nice. And now I get both the ps3 and ps4 versions.

I'm fairly certain I'll be interested in the expansions so the DGE furthers saves me money down the road.

Made sense for me. Only makes sense for you if you're fairly confident that you will get the expansions later. Think so?

I would have done this as well, if Comcast weren't such ass hats with data caps.

The area around where I work is starting to flood and I might not be able to make it home for awhile. Nature is conspiring to keep me from Destiny.

SRTtoZ

Fuck the midnight launch. I just went digital with my first ever digital console game. I don't want to deal with the crowd of a launch this big. PRELOADING COMMENCING!

RoKKeR

I decided to hold off. By the time the expansions are out Halo and the other fall games will be available too, and I'd much rather put $40 towards those than more Destiny.

Besides, they'll probably be on sale by next summer which seems like a good time to pick them up.

I would have done this as well, if Comcast weren't such ass hats with data caps.

That sucks dude. Luckily I dont have a cap so I'm a glutton with my internet. Gotta do what works for you.

I decided to hold off. By the time the expansions are out Halo and the other fall games will be available too, and I'd much rather put $40 towards those than more Destiny.

Besides, they'll probably be on sale by next summer which seems like a good time to pick them up.

Sounds good to me. I dont think anyone needs to feel rushed to get a pass for expansions that wont come out for a while.

so what's so special about this game? is it open world mmo? are the maps big?

sorry i don't know much about this game.. all i know is that everyone is talking about it. i played halo series and really enjoyed both sp and mp. is the core gameplay similar?
You can Dance with gaffers from all over the world

On Demand

Banned
Anyone else not have their copy of the game ship yet from Amazon? I have release date delivery, but mine has yet to ship. Getting worried..

My LE still hasn't shipped. I called them and they said everything is still on schedule.

I don't know man I'm worried too.

Damn Amazon better ship soon. No idea how it's going to be here by tomorrow with it not shipping yet. First time I've used Amazon on a pre-order. Do they typically wait this long into a day before a game launches?

I usually get my shipment notification between 7-8am the day of and get the packages always delivered before noon, mostly between 10-11am. I also live about 25miles from 2 (soon to be 3) Amazon distribution centers so that probably helps my chances a little.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If my Mrs won't do this on her terms, I'll paint her goddamn nails myself.
Respect her boundaries and trying painting your own nails! I don't like wearing nail polish much, but the painting part is fun.

Korten

Banned
Question, so if I get my code from BB at around 1 AM EST, but the game unlocks at 3 AM EST, will I be able to pre-load the game with the code or will the code not work till 3 AM?

Z3M0G

I don't see this as a big deal... it's not like this opens up a whole new class of weapons in the game, and people could "go melee" or anything at all like that... this is just one weapon sitting in the middle of a specific arena battle... like any "uber pickup" weapon in an online shooter. Think the chain gun in uncharted for example. And it doesn't appear to be that fun to use... just one big dumb swing that you can do.

It's certainly not game changing. If it can spawn during PVP matches, that could mix some match types up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom