• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

I've been kinda hyped for this game, but didn't know much about it (despite playing and enjoying the beta).

Then I've decided to do some research, and...
You have access to like 6 planets and each of them has around 7 missions which are located all on the same area of the planet?

I mean...is that it? Not that this will prevent me from buying, but I was expecting more. ):

Hey you dont come in here and say them things son cause you dont know what Bungie was doing or even making, oh well its not like they made a lot of vidocs this time.

Story wise thats not all there is. There are beacon missions too and strikes. Also A raid. Game has a good amount of content but the game could have been so much more. Either way lets wait till we play it

Kane1345

Can't wait to be bladedancin tomorrow!

sao2.gif

BraXzy

Exo Hunter, Exo Titan, or Exo Warlock are solid choices. Especially the first one :D

Funnily enough.. I rolled an Exo Hunter as my first character in the Beta and I quite liked the feel of it. I also played a Human Titan which was pretty cool, I can't remember which I preferred though :3

Double Header of Monday Night Football to help get through. Alarm set for 3. Finance test be damned. That is why they make Red Bull or cocaine.

Stoze

Maybe I'm alone on this but I think it's quite a stretch to consider the strikes and beacon missions as part of the story and campaign. They're different activities and they're not similar in structure, besides you know, shooting the shit out of aliens.

Karamsoul

This in-process review feedback from the gaming crew at Forbes isn't very reassuring. All signs point to the same old "dull" gameplay and boring encounters from the alpha/beta. I'm really hoping that there's something to look forward to besides the Crucible, gear and strike missions.

Still, have my PS4 limited edition coming in tomorrow, and am planning to sink money into buying the standard digital edition of Destiny on the 360, so I can have it on my Xbox One as well.

Some spoilers in the link regarding enemies in the Moon missions, so read at your own risk.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/08/live-blog-destiny-day-one-gameplay/

OK today I'll check if my usual place has them. I should really ask them for their number so next time I can just call and check(for smash 3ds)

drew713

I was hoping for delivery from amazon today. No such luck. UPS shipment has it scheduled for Wednesday with possible early delivery tomorrow. I'm hoping for the best, amazon has never failed me.

Roldan

I think it's actually 4 - Old Russia (Earth), Moon, Venus and Mercury. And it seems to be less than 7 missions too. Gotta sell dat DLC :/

Gee. That's a bit underwhelming.

Here is a video of the full map. http://youtu.be/kKhAQwjhaDA

That's helpful, I'll take a look. thx

Hey you dont come in here and say them things son cause you dont know what Bungie was doing or even making, oh well its not like they made a lot of vidocs this time.

Story wise thats not all there is. There are beacon missions too and strikes. Also A raid. Game has a good amount of content but the game could have been so much more. Either way lets wait till we play it

Yeah, I guess you're right. Too early to judge the game.
(I honestly hesitated posting this here. People are so hyped that I thought someone would get offended lol)

Xamdou

So is the extra in-game items from the limited and ghost editions the same?

Also how long does it take to install the game?

Is there an equivalent gameplay vid for a high level Warlock? I'm on the fence with these 2 classes, but that Titan gameplay looked incredible.

Ditto on this one, need the other two classes. Great vid of the Titan and loving the speed in which he moves around the map. More excited for PvP after that video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom