• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

10178152_675783999183574_4243789321_zpsb0633fcb.jpg

Awakened at Bungie's release celebration!

Wow, that is some impressive cosplay.

stufte

A lot of it was Bungie's fault. They raised everyone's expectations too high. There was that video where the guy points out into the skybox and says that it's all explorable. They flat out lied. I'm still not sure why they aren't getting called out on it.

I don't know about anyone else, but I had zero expectations going into the beta. I'm still not 100% sure what the game is about, but playing the beta was the thing that sealed the deal for me.

I haven't watched any trailers or anything either, not a huge fan of the halo franchise. But there's something about this game that speaks to me that has nothing to do with hype.

Fehyd

Banned
Wonder if there'll be anyone else from Neogaf picking up at the same location I am lol. Who knows! The person right in front of you could be a gaffer!

How are some people playing it already?

They either:

-Have a physical copy of the game already
-Live in a region where it's already Sept 9th by their local time
-Did the New Zealand region trick with a Digital version on Xbox One.

I think those are the only ways atm.

This in-process review feedback from the gaming crew at Forbes isn't very reassuring. All signs point to the same old "dull" gameplay and boring encounters from the alpha/beta. I'm really hoping that there's something to look forward to besides the Crucible, gear and strike missions.

Still, have my PS4 limited edition coming in tomorrow, and am planning to sink money into buying the standard digital edition of Destiny on the 360, so I can have it on my Xbox One as well.

Some spoilers in the link regarding enemies in the Moon missions, so read at your own risk.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/08/live-blog-destiny-day-one-gameplay/

Well that's what I was afraid of. I preordered the game today because I am a habitual sucker for hype, but now I'm thinking that I should trust my instincts and cancel. It seems the Destiny gameplay consists only of fighting the same generic missions over and over again while the enemy's power scales up in relation to your own.

Rizzi

It begins with us finding out about a young girl who is unable to move in her bed. The villagers suspect witchcraft but they do not know that the night before all the girls in the village sneaked out to the woods where they made a potion, with the help of black slave, Titchuba, to let them have the man they love. It was fine until one girl, Abigail, too far and wished death on the wife of John Proctor. The girls went crazy, dancing and stripping but then Abigail's uncle walks in and finds them. This is the real reason the girl is unable to move, fear. The girls turn on the rest of the village and blame them for the witchcraft.

A ceramic or metal container in which metals or other substances may be melted or subjected to very high temperatures.

:mad:

Fuck sake you guys it's just past 11 and I'm in bed but drooling. I need some godamm CHICKEN!! Not going to sleep well until I eat something now aha.

See you guys in the Solar System soon! (USpsn pre-load wait ¬.¬)

Seventy70

they have been. Its everywhere. There were threads on gaf about it.

if we held EVERY dev to promises made before release we would never play anything.
It's hard to believe they didn't know the hardware limits at that point. It was a complete lie. Also, I can't find anywhere on GAF where this is being discussed except maybe a couple of comments in this thread.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I couldn't take any pictures in restricted areas, but I did get the 367th printed copy of Destiny and a long conversation with a man I admire.

But if your expectations are way out of line with the actual game then it's your fault not the games.

If you're not satisfied with whats there then so be it.
Expectations weren't raised by anyone but Bungie and the media outlets giving us stories about all these wonderful locations and things to do. It is not the player's fault that "we can go there, but in the interest of time" or "we could go there, but we don't want to go backwards" meant "its just horizon geometry, it won't be explorable in the game".

Don't blame the player for the hype train pulling out of the station. That first push is always done by the media, publisher, Dev, etc. We are just all along for the ride somebody else set in motion.

GhaleonEB

Today I re-learned a lesson about a bird in a hand being better than two in a bush.

Short version, cancelled the Amazon order so I could pick one up the PS4 bundle in person today. Only to find every store in my area is sold out of their allotment for launch. Re-ordered from Amazon but it will be a few days before it arrives. D'oh.

The silver lining is I'm wrapping up a massive project at home and would barely have time to touch the game until the end of this week, when it's now scheduled for delivery. So it might actually reduce my stress levels a bit to have the free time.

It does mean I'll be on blackout from the thread for longer, though.

Jinjo

Gah, past midnight still not able to play, what a cocktease. Tried restoring licenses, now turning of PS4 entirelyand rebooting. Fuck ps store anthics man. Early pre orders get the shaft again because some fucker can't read time.

Gattsu25

Banned
So I am trying to redeem my download code for destiny on PS4 and I'm getting an error saying that the code is either invalid or already used.

Anyone else having problems redeeming codes on the US PSN right now or is it just me?

It's hard to believe they didn't know the hardware limits at that point. It was a complete lie. Also, I can't find anywhere on GAF where this is being discussed except maybe a couple of comments in this thread.

It was a single comment made in a closed door demo that was made to illustrate that the background area at the time wasn't a skybox. You're reading WAY too much into it. And that's why no one is discussing it because it's a ridiculously silly thing to be hung up on.

Fehyd

Banned
So I am trying to redeem my download code for destiny on PS4 and I'm getting an error saying that the code is either invalid or already used.

Anyone else having problems redeeming codes on the US PSN right now or is it just me?

Whatever you do, don't attempt it a bunch of times, otherwise you'll hit the 24hr lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom