• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw you can earn an emblem in Planet View. Besides that and the 17 grimoire codes, is there anything else I can do in advance to get more shit for my stash?

Kane1345

I know I want make like a cool reedy dude Warlock but I also want to make a badass lady Titan. Mebbe like "Bree-Anne" (lol gettit)

can you name a guardian?

Officially in game no but that doesn't stop you naming them spiritually :p Gutz has his famous bearded lady Isabeau for example!

nbraun80

Just saw you can earn an emblem in Planet View. Besides that and the 17 grimoire codes, is there anything else I can do in advance to get more shit for my stash?
The code for the planetview emblem is floating around here somewhere id you don't want to click on 100 things to get it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
One of their supers is a flying punch to the ground. Plus they punch people in the face. I'm sure there's upgrades to give them more melee damage. They also have this sweet flying knee kick.

From my time in the beta with it, yes it does seem to be melee and in your face oriented. The Titan is a tank class after all.

I was sort of hoping it wasn't super melee since nobody seems to be playing them, ha. I don't enjoy melee, so I guess it's Voidwalker for me.

From Destiny's official French Facebook page:

8FbEeWA.jpg

lol, French does not work that way

It's just going to be disappointing that there are only four environment varieties. Even most games that take place on one planet have more variety than that. I was expecting more, out of the language of taking place on the planets of our solar system (to me suggesting huge scope), when it's really just four total playable areas. Maybe that's my own fault.

Also disappointing that PvP seems [more] like an afterthought, with it being fairly barebones feature-wise. It's basically just, you have some of these modes here, and you play it. No theater system, no ranking system, no Forge type feature, no custom games, etc. It's hard for me to see this becoming a competitive game like Halo, which is a shame since the gunplay and traversal is fantastic.

Sorry for ranting a bit. I'm still excited for the game but I feel like I'm going to be let down. Anyway, on with the hype!

I see what you mean there, but I would say that since the other planets/moon are foreign, it leaves more up to Bungie's creativity, and we can just take it for what it is. We can't appreciate the variety (or lack thereof) of the planets/moon outside of our own, so it's not a huge deal. But with Earth, we know the massive variety, so it's a shame that the whole planet has been relegated into one snowy Russian wasteland.

Just to ease your fears a hair, I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that custom PvP isn't off the table. They want everyone to learn the game together before letting people get sucked into their own little side games.

Dave_6

Going to start with the Hunter like I did in the alpha but I'll end up having one of each class like I did with the beta.

Grewitch

Since i joined the japanese clan i figured i'd kill some time updating my custom edit for my titan, since i switched my titans name to benisuzume it felt right to do the same for the edit.

t2QWrJ3.jpg

I can only dream of a day Bungie let you custom skin your armor, haha

That is nice. Really nice.

robo

will create all characters at the start and complete story mode, so I can get all of them available to visit the tower, that way I can always trade the items staright away and use them to boost the ones I'm not currently playing.

Always nice to have some spare weapons ready for when I switch classes around.

Frostburn

Why do people just choose one character? You have 3 slots do all 3. It really doesn't take long to lvl in this game.

I agree, though I think everyone has a favorite, just like parents even though they typically don't let anyone know :) Leveling should take longer in the retail release according to Bungie but I do plan on leveling all 3 classes for sure.

robo

well so far none of my 3 pre-orders has started processing the funds.

Hope something happens tomorrow, just to raise the hype levels even more!!

KevinG

Titan on PS4

Hunter on Xbox One

Warlock on Wii U

...or perhaps I'll just make a Warlock profile as a secondary on both consoles

Is it worth it to keep my limited edition for the PS4? I can't decide if the expansions and extra content is worth the cost.

We won't know how expansive the expasions will be until closer to their release, but you can always sell your LE for more than you got it for since they're in demand. You're only saving $5 for the Expansion Pass.

nbraun80

well shit, kind of a bummer the game unlocks PT, didn't look to closely when I preloaded it, just assumed it was your local time. Thought I was going to save a half hour not having to drive back from gamestop then having to install, but turns out i'll have to wait 2 hours here in CT. :(

Trace

Banned
well shit, kind of a bummer the game unlocks PT, didn't look to closely when I preloaded it, just assumed it was your local time. Thought I was going to save a half hour not having to drive back from gamestop then having to install, but turns out i'll have to wait 2 hours here in CT. :(

I still hope for the day where all servers unlock games when it's release date anywhere in the world.

Even being in PT I think it's stupid that other people in NA have to wait for our midnight.

MrMuscle

I'm actually really looking forward to the campaign and learning more about this great new world.

Cool video

Yeah same here. I was kinda hoping they would drop some novels before launch. I read all the Halo books because i love that world and I hope i will love the Destiny world just as much.

Game si listée 69,99€ everywhere and 99€ for limited edition with crap skins and 35€ worth season pass.

But amazon and all online retailers are fighting the price war and now it's around 52€ lol limited edition as no content value anymore if you don't care about steelbox

nbraun80

I still hope for the day where all servers unlock games when it's release date anywhere in the world.

Even being in PT I think it's stupid that other people in NA have to wait for our midnight.
ha yeah just seems rather arbitrary at this point, really trying to go all digital here, but having to wait 2 hours when friends will already have it is tough. ha Not sure why the can't do local tme, i mean sure this will prompt some people to change their time to ET but is that really hurting anything if it's already official launched? May persuade more people to buy it digital over retail which i would think the developers would like.

Lee

Officially in game no but that doesn't stop you naming them spiritually :p Gutz has his famous bearded lady Isabeau for example!

Seeing that the Beta Withdrawal thread had 685,703 views and Isabeau was all over it, I like to imagine that she is the most famous individual guardian in existence.

Name another. I dare you.

Vooduu

When does Amazon normally ship for a Tuesday arrival?

Friday or during the weekend. Packages move on the weekend but the tracking won't update.

Amazon has a great record on release date products though. Only time they screwed up with me personally was the PS4, but I ended up getting it a few days later.

Nocturnx

My money is they contribute to our grimoire progress, and nothing more. Who knows though. It could be cool to log in and find 17 Special Orders waiting for us.

I agree, I bet it just unlocks more backstory to read... but one can hope for more. I didn't even bother reading the grimoire cards/backstory that I found/unlocked in the beta. The story isn't terribly interesting but I found the gameplay and exploration very addicting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom