• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grewitch

I do adore him so.

imagine it, the orb opens and all you see is golden light. And then! Brian's laughter BOOMING out from it.

Not only can I picture it but it seems so right.

He was on that show, Who Do You Think You Are, and he was such a blast, so full of life. Love that guy.

TheHall

I officially took off September 9th to be able to play with my birthday gift

I'm turning 33...

GUYS, IT WAS EITHER THAT OR CALLING IN SICK!

Klyka

Banned
I had no issues with the PS3 beta. It would be nice to have a new console, but I'd also like lots of free money and all the time in the world to do whatever I wanted.

Well the problem with me is that if I am fully aware I am playing the shit on a stick version compared to a version out there that is just plain better in every regard, it will completely put me off of the game and actually make me angry.
Seeing how i own a PS3 and 360 and have no interest in the newer consoles and the PC version is ways away, I thought the difference between them might not be that huge.
I since checked some video comparisons and Destiny on PS3 is basically low/medium graphics compared to PS4s high.

DesertFox

Since i joined the japanese clan i figured i'd kill some time updating my custom edit for my titan, since i switched my titans name to benisuzume it felt right to do the same for the edit.

t2QWrJ3.jpg

I can only dream of a day Bungie let you custom skin your armor, haha
holy crap that's awesome! Is that energy bone arm thing a real piece or did you make that?

I needa pass by the beer store this weekend. Can't imagine kicking it with you guys without a few cold ones by my side. I usually don't drink, but this is a celebration damn it. Tuesday night my Isabeau shall be dancing like mad at the Tower.

I officially took off September 9th to be able to play with my birthday gift

I'm turning 33...

GUYS, IT WAS EITHER THAT OR CALLING IN SICK!

Dude. I booked off 18 days starting the 9th. Its kind of a coincidence, I had to take my vacation in September and Tuesdays are my Fridays so the stars just happened to align and the universe made it so.

Pretty sweet birthday gift I must say.

Flipyap

I really like the loot system of Destiny.

Everything you got always felt meaningful.

It really is a stark contrast to the loot bukkake of games like Diablo and Borderlands, where shit is thrown at you so often that it feels like forever before you find something worthwhile.
That's not really how it worked in both demos. The loot and upgrades weren't meaningful, the game just gave you trash items with identical stats at a rate at which other games would give you rare items.
The only reason Beta loot seemed like it was worth picking up was because there were no legendaries or exotics in the demo. The moment these become available, everything with lower rarity will become rarely-dropping garbage.

daedalius

I really like the loot system of Destiny.

Everything you got always felt meaningful.

It really is a stark contrast to the loot bukkake of games like Diablo and Borderlands, where shit is thrown at you so often that it feels like forever before you find something worthwhile.

So true. 99% of drops in borderlands is just vendor trash, pretty similar in d3.

I'm happy they are going more wow style with their loot where you can target specific bosses and strikes for the drops you want.

MidEvlDed

Guy in the red is Sin Cara (He is now fired from WWE after continuing to botch his spots in the ring for over a year, now wrestles back in Mexico) the other dude is Dolph Ziggler a very talented young man who is still with the company.

Both were ok :D

I just saw Sin Cara 2 weeks ago at a live show. It's a different guy now haha.

As far as Street Date goes, just so I'm not tempted to do something truly insane, the game is completely unplayable until the servers go up at 9.9 midnight anywhere, right?

Respect

Anyway back on topic how 'bout dis Destiny botch?
iOqc2h3NgbVlm.gif

Pissed myself laughing when it happened.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't do this...not once, but at least twice. I somehow managed to backpeddle my way off of the cliff at control point A in Venus as well. Pro stuff there.

Marvel

could never
I'd be lying if I said I didn't do this...not once, but at least twice. I somehow managed to backpeddle my way off of the cliff at control point A in Venus as well. Pro stuff there.

Psst...
I've done it too, don't tell anyone tho

Lee

So true. 99% of drops in borderlands is just vendor trash, pretty similar in d3.

I'm happy they are going more wow style with tier loot where you can target specific bosses and strikes for the drops you want.

Definitely. They got the loot right with Destiny.

Mind

Neo Member
Some Dutch TV Guide Magazine did a review. Nobody knows how they did it but we think it based on the Alpha and Beta. Total BS but still good to read. It's in Dutch but they are positive. Four out of five stars.

Their positive about:
Shooting
Multiplayer
Character creation option
Size
Uniqueness

and negative about the script. Don't ask me how or why about any of these points.

1DOdcFoIPdhBY3rihVxkrL3FEJvbDT.jpg

1egIq1xM1NiHvwQV1DvJtr6FnZzFAg0.jpg

Fixing the images - **** tinypic.

Respect

I've failed a few times at the jump before that flag. Embarassing

Also guilty of this...on Warlock attempting to double jump over, I had not realized at the time that when you fire your weapon mid jump, you immediately halt the gliding process and become a lead weight....sure that made for a few laughs as I plummeted to my death Wyle E. Coyote style.

3874024_o.gif

Looking through this thread, I can't believe this isn't a big deal for some.

Really? Can you name a game that has come out in the last 6 months that has split screen? Any current gen games besides Diablo? If you were honestly expecting it you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

Socat

Really? Can you name a game that has come out in the last 6 months that has split screen? Any current gen games besides Diablo? If you were honestly expecting it you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

From some screenshots I've seen, I believe that the MCC for XB1 will have splitscreen local MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom