• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Chino

Not bad at all. Much worse on 360, actually. I played both extensively during the beta.
I thought both the PS3/360 had solid frame rates.
For big releases like this, you may not see your shipping status change until Monday, but there's nothing to worry about.

Friday or during the weekend. Packages move on the weekend but the tracking won't update.

Amazon has a great record on release date products though. Only time they screwed up with me personally was the PS4, but I ended up getting it a few days later.
Ah okay, just wondering when I'll be charged Haha.

Anyone else on xbox one using warframe to distract them from the destiny hype?
ヽ(゚Д゚ )ノ

Raises hand. Actually I played WarFrame on PS4 as well when it launched and never touched it again until yesterday on X1. I love how they revamped the entire experience. Its actually a decent game. I'll be playing some more tonight.

Nocturnx

Seeing that the Beta Withdrawal thread had 685,703 views and Isabeau was all over it, I like to imagine that she is the most famous individual guardian in existence.

Name another. I dare you.

Nocturnx, Hero of the Citadel! The subject of many songs and legends.

That was too easy.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I would totally read Destiny novels.

Not only that, I would totally buy a full-fledged Artbook for Destiny. ;)

I'm well aware there's one available for pre-order for Amazon, but I'm waiting for it's official announcement from Activision/Bungie

Seeing that the Beta Withdrawal thread had 685,703 views and Isabeau was all over it, I like to imagine that she is the most famous individual guardian in existence.

star-lord-finger.png

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Where can I buy a download code for the Xbox One? I don't like having my credit cards on file with them.

Bad7667

Has bungie talked about how different the really rare loot will be? Like do the extremely rare items have anything unique to them other than high stats? Like D3 has items that reduce cool downs or have a passive ability. do we know much about late game items?

Has bungie talked about how different the really rare loot will be? Like do the extremely rare items have anything unique to them other than high stats? Like D3 has items that reduce cool downs or have a passive ability. do we know much about late game items?

They all have unique abilities but not nearly as interesting as many of the D3 legendaries.

Destiny exotics seem to be mostly high crit damage, increased ammo, decreased cooldowns etc.

robo

think I am more interested in what the armor can do to help your weapons on top of anything the legendary's and exotics bring themselves.

Some of the high level armor could bring up a rare weapon above and beyond possibly the exotics stats?

think I am more interested in what the armor can do to help your weapons on top of anything the legendary's and exotics bring themselves.

Some of the high level armor could bring up a rare weapon above and beyond possibly the exotics stats?

but think of what it could then do to an exoticccccccc

Dazzyman

Just preloading as bought the $90 collectors version on Xbox one.

Just bought the wife an Xbox 1 so we will both be ready for this (and Diablo of course) so feel free to add Dazzyman and Ikkle Panda. The wife is mean with a sniper, puts me to shame on all shooters and I can hold my own.

6 days to go woot :)

sjay1994

I really like the loot system of Destiny.

Everything you got always felt meaningful.

It really is a stark contrast to the loot bukkake of games like Diablo and Borderlands, where shit is thrown at you so often that it feels like forever before you find something worthwhile.

Just preloading as bought the $90 collectors version on Xbox one.

Just bought the wife an Xbox 1 so we will both be ready for this (and Diablo of course) so feel free to add Dazzyman and Ikkle Panda. The wife is mean with a sniper, puts me to shame on all shooters and I can hold my own.

6 days to go woot :)

I got both of y'all in my recent mad dash for XBL Friends once I picked up my XBO. GT: KidInsomnia

:D

What's the new friend limit anyways?

Grewitch

More rust and broken buildings eck.
I wish Earth had some more varied map environments.

Don't worry, this is the biggest game Bungie has created and...yeah.

I'm presuming Bungie think because they're offering Earth, Mars, The Moon and Venus, that that constitues variety, and in one aspect it does. However, if you're play on one area on each of those locations for long enough that variety disappears. IMHO what they need is variety in each of the planets.

The game is less than a week away so we'll find out how that point gets addressed.

I really like the loot system of Destiny.

Everything you got always felt meaningful.

It really is a stark contrast to the loot bukkake of games like Diablo and Borderlands, where shit is thrown at you so often that it feels like forever before you find something worthwhile.

lol perfect description of it

When I play DIII it really is just Arrow Check then ditch or equip. No connection to it at all. But, I described it previously as Forza-Esque, the sumptuous level of detail that Destiny renders all of its sick loot in makes any loot a huge deal.

And I am super happy about that.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Mars still my favourite planet.

Can't wait to build a sand castle!

I wanna explore the beautiful dunes of Mars and make Cabal look like bitches compared to my female human Warlock. ;)

Btw, Am I the only who's not worried about post-launch support for Destiny? After all, Bungie were well known for supporting their games post-launch, and that's the least of my worries.

Lee

A few from Destinydb.com; might change by release. There are some interesting perks but not as cool or varied as those from D3.

• Achlyophage Symbiote, Exotic Helmet - Golden gun gains one additional shot per use.
  • An Insurmountable Skullfort - Melee kills restore all health
  • Apotheosis Veil - Activating super restores you to full health
  • Crest of Alpha Lupi - Respawn teammates faster and get respawned faster
  • Light Beyond Nemesis - Same as above
  • Helm of Inmost Light - Provides Death from Above and Headstrong for Fist of Havoc
  • Helm of Saint-14 - Ward of Dawn blinds enemies who enter it
  • Knucklehead Radar - Radar visible while ADS w/ primary weapons
  • No Backup Plans - Increases duration of force barrier
  • The Armamentarium - Carry an additional grenade (so one each of two types of grenades, I'm guessing?)

Marvel

could never
I wanna explore the beautiful dunes of Mars and make Cabal look like bitches compared to my female human Warlock. ;)

Btw, Am I the only who's not worried about post-launch support for Destiny? After all, Bungie were well known for supporting their games post-launch, and that's the least of my worries.

Sounds good!

And no, Halo games were well supported so I see no reason that Destiny shouldn't be. Bungie are great.

my Wooflock, Thadeus Longbottom The 3rd, right Hand of The Reef Queen and Champion of Cheese.

BOOM.

Grewitch

Afrocious pls

Why can't people wait till launch and beyond and see if Destiny will have a staying power? This thread is mostly assumptions

I know right, I had to be careful how I replied to that; but you might as well be pissing in the rain for what ever worth you're gonna get from it at this stage. I mean, it's only a week away!

Marvel

could never
Hahaha! That is too rich. Who were these two wrestlers? And were they okay after this?

Guy in the red is Sin Cara (He is now fired from WWE after continuing to botch his spots in the ring for over a year, now wrestles back in Mexico) the other dude is Dolph Ziggler a very talented young man who is still with the company.

Both were ok :D

Respect

I know right, I had to be careful how I replied to that; but you might as well be pissing in the rain for what ever worth you're gonna get from it at this stage. I mean, it's only a week away!

Destiny - creating new phrases no one has used before :)

What would you do with it? Without the Bungie servers it's just a meticulously designed coca-cola can coaster.

But what an amazing coaster to have! You could just pet the box...and just let it know...

soon+cat.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom