• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for people waiting for the White PS4 bundle delivery

there is a downloadable version code that has extra stuff right?
So does it mean I need to spend most of the day tomorrow downloading from PSN?

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Sorry if this has already been covered guys but I didn't see it in the op. So I just preordered digital on ps4 started the download, and it pretty much immediately installed within 2/min. That can't be right can it?

Should I be concerned? On the one hand it still hasn't shipped yet, but on the other my card has been charged and now I have to request cancellation.

OrderStatus.png

:-(

Make sure to track the package to find out what state it's really in. Just because it says preorder doesn't mean that it hasn't moved. Mine didn't show any updates until shipped unless I tracked it.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
PS3 to PS4 digital upgrade path isn't working here in UK.

Bought PS3 version, downloaded and whatnot, go to PS4, but adding the standard version is still trying to add £54.99 funds to buy it.

Guess I have to wait until tomorrow now or something? I hope they havent fucked up and I'm stuck with the PS3 version for a week just because I thought I'd save myself a pointless £5 next-gen tax :(

Toemon

Banned
Whats everyones opening predictions? 3-5 million in the first 24 hours? Hype is way too high to be anything less in my opinion. Especially with all those beta players.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Make sure to track the package to find out what state it's really in. Just because it says preorder doesn't mean that it hasn't moved. Mine didn't show any updates until shipped unless I tracked it.

It says this:

We are processing your shipment now. We'll send you an e-mail when it has shipped. You can still request cancellation if you’ve changed your mind.

Sorry if this has already been covered guys but I didn't see it in the op. So I just preordered digital on ps4 started the download, and it pretty much immediately installed within 2/min. That can't be right can it?

It would be installing in the background. Highlight the game...press "Options"...select "Information"...if it says "Completed" it's done

Destiny gave me a massive scare just now, as I went to play it kept giving me error messages. After trying a few times my net completely dropped. My ps4 then basically bricked

Tried restating everything multiple times to no avail. My ps4 was acting really erratic the entire time. (It would turn on but only my home button worked! I couldn't login or anything)

Oddly everything is working fine again now about 40 mins later. I really hope that was a weird blip caused by psn stress rather than my console breaking.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Should I be concerned? On the one hand it still hasn't shipped yet, but on the other my card has been charged and now I have to request cancellation.

OrderStatus.png

:-(

Mine hasn't shipped from Gamestop yet either. I called and they said it's sitting at ups waiting to ship still.

Wish I could kill a 6 pack tonight while playing but I have to watch my intake this week. I have a particular weight I need to be by Saturday. I am about a pound over, so beer is a no no

Oh and work at 8AM doesn't make that a very good idea either

Goddamn this game is absolutely beautiful.

I expected a little more customization in terms of options but the first 20 minutes is already a thrill.

Perfect sound and use of the ambient noise. The Fallen are not scary enemies but the way how the sound works, they become so.

And that skybox... Goddamn.

MMaRsu

Heard the dungeons pretty much all have the same mission structure. As in 3 waves of enemies and then a boss. Oh well. Lets hope the Raid is at least good.

i guess the downside of being busy is that most people will be way ahead of me by the time I can play. But eh it's not the end of the world. Woof hold on, take a message to the future open up your eyes.

edit: pretty sure that gif is extremelt NSFW. Good job.

Fitts

Any impressions of the buffed hand cannons and plasma rifles yet? Also, I seen that the scouts (sadly) got a nerf. Anything to be said of them?

-Snooze-

Banned

Bought PS3 version, downloaded and whatnot, go to PS4, but adding the standard version is still trying to add £54.99 funds to buy it.

Guess I have to wait until tomorrow now or something? I hope they havent fucked up and I'm stuck with the PS3 version for a week just because I thought I'd save myself a pointless £5 next-gen tax :(

I'm im the same boat as you. I refuse to play it on the PS3, so they need to get their shit together

StuffRuff

I'm absolutely fucking livid.

All of a sudden they've now changed the FAQ on the destiny site to say the free upgrade won't be available until Wednesday.

Thanks for telling me that now. Wouldn't have bothered otherwise.
http://www.destinythegame.com/uk/en/digital-upgrade

"Q. If I pre-ordered the PlayStation®3 digital version, when will my PlayStation®4 digital version of Destiny be available?

The PlayStation®4 digital upgrade will be available to you as close to launch as possible. We anticipate the PlayStation®4 version will be ready for you by Wednesday 9/10 at 6pm PDT, but please check back here for updates. Unfortunately, the PlayStation®4 upgrade will NOT be available for pre-order or pre-load."

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
A midnight launch sounds fun right about now. My state has probably the worst turn out rate, but given the right group it can be very fun. Anyone know if Cliffy B is signing copies? Since he created Halo? lol jk I think there's too many people focusing on themselves to care about such things.

Be cool, man. Be cool.
I'm not gonna do what everyone thinks I'm gonna do and... FLIP OUT man... all I wanna know is one thing... who's coming with me?
It'll be fine. The same thing happened for me with the PS4 launch. Mine is still showing as pre-ordered, then all of a sudden I got an e-mail from Amazon stating that it's going to be shipped together with another item I bought for my parents, so it's definitely on its way! (At least according to the tracking info for Grass Energy Green Superfood Lemon Lime Flavor, 7.4-Ounce Tub, lol.)
Your Grass Energy Green Superfood Lemon Lime Flavor is my guiding star. Let it lead the way and never falter.
ps4.png

ghost.png

HYPE TRAIN LEFT THE STATION!!!
Whoa! Christ is getting in on this Destiny business now, too. Don't be using your magical powers to hack now! We all like to play fair around here.

mandiller

Completed all the earth and moon missions. This game has been a real slog to go through. Same damn mission over and over. Venus is up next, if Things dont ramp up then i can see this game getting mediocre reviews across the board.

Just my opinion guys. Dont crucify me.

Typing on phone. Sorry for spelling

That was my impression from the beta too. The missions were just boring. I'm hoping that changes the further you get in the game, and importantly that the endgame has staying power. I'm still going to be playing it tonight though and giving it a good chance.

The lore is just silly though. They shouldn't have based the game on our solar system because I know that gravity is low on the moon and that mercury is so hot everything will burn to a crisp in a second, despite the game claiming there are 'lush gardens' there.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'm absolutely fucking livid.

All of a sudden they've now changed the FAQ on the destiny site to say the free upgrade won't be available until Wednesday.

Thanks for telling me that now. Wouldn't have bothered otherwise.
http://www.destinythegame.com/uk/en/digital-upgrade

"Q. If I pre-ordered the PlayStation®3 digital version, when will my PlayStation®4 digital version of Destiny be available?

The PlayStation®4 digital upgrade will be available to you as close to launch as possible. We anticipate the PlayStation®4 version will be ready for you by Wednesday 9/10 at 6pm PDT, but please check back here for updates. Unfortunately, the PlayStation®4 upgrade will NOT be available for pre-order or pre-load."

WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom