• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Error baboon

Error baboon everywhere

I'm sick of having to restart the tutorial mission over and over again. The opening cuscene isn't even skippable. Man, this game has been a chore so far.

d00d3n

I'm absolutely fucking livid.

All of a sudden they've now changed the FAQ on the destiny site to say the free upgrade won't be available until Wednesday.

Thanks for telling me that now. Wouldn't have bothered otherwise.
http://www.destinythegame.com/uk/en/digital-upgrade

"Q. If I pre-ordered the PlayStation®3 digital version, when will my PlayStation®4 digital version of Destiny be available?

The PlayStation®4 digital upgrade will be available to you as close to launch as possible. We anticipate the PlayStation®4 version will be ready for you by Wednesday 9/10 at 6pm PDT, but please check back here for updates. Unfortunately, the PlayStation®4 upgrade will NOT be available for pre-order or pre-load."

If they actually changed the FAQ after the fact that is a really shitty move. Not knowing that, it made no sense to preorder or buy the PS4 version, when you could get an "extra game" by going PS3.

MMaRsu

Completed all the earth and moon missions. This game has been a real slog to go through. Same damn mission over and over. Venus is up next, if Things dont ramp up then i can see this game getting mediocre reviews across the board.

Just my opinion guys. Dont crucify me.

Typing on phone. Sorry for spelling

Sounds like what I thought.

Also looking at a stream now with some guy atreaming some Venus stuff and it looks the same as beta missions honestly. Lets keep it real that this is no Halo, and wont have similar missions.

cilonen

Error baboon

Error baboon everywhere

I'm sick of having to restart the tutorial mission over and over again. The opening cuscene isn't even skippable. Man, this game has been a chore so far.

I got to the city OK. It took an age to load from the ship cutscene to the tower playable section though.

Has your's not arrived math?

Was hoping you would be on tonight so I'd have someone to strike it up with that doesn't get killed all the time.
Nope. Says to expect it by 8:00 pm tomorrow.
I work 2-10:15pm tomorrow. So.....I wanna play before work.

Fuck it. I have the money. I'll splurge a little.

So, I just called up my Best Buy...

Me: "Yes, hi, I was just calling to ask about the midnight Destiny launch, if you guys are expecting a lot of people, and what time I should show up if I already have a pre-order."

Customer Service: "Yeahhhh, uhmm....I dunnoooo...."

*silence*

Me: "...ok....."

Them: "Yeahhh.....I'm not very helpful. See you tonight!"

Me: :|

Sounds exactly like best buy. I'm not going too early. Probably close to 11. I don't mind waiting an hour and even if the line is long, I'm sure it'll move quickly.

Lima

Aw yeah can't wait!

/s

So now I'm seeing the SP is weak and PvP is no better...nice.

It's pretty much the beta expanded into a full game eh.

Everything looks nice and sounds even nicer but it's super boring to play and the PvP is shit. About what I expected from the beta.

VanWinkle

I'm really worried that the mission structure is going to be horrible and repetitive. Teh-CJ's post didn't help quell those worries. I don't know. I just feel like this game is going to be a huge let down, but it will have the solid foundation that will make for a great Destiny 2.

I am truly hoping I'm wrong.

Boke1879

Also looking at a stream now with some guy atreaming some Venus stuff and it looks the same as beta missions honestly. Lets keep it real that this is no Halo, and wont have similar missions.

I don't know why people expected the mission structure to be like that after playing the beta.

This is a loot game which means lots of mobs. I think this game will do very well but it does cater to a certain audience. it's really all about the co op and looting.

Deku Tree

If they actually changed the FAQ after the fact that is a really shitty move. Not knowing that, it made no sense to preorder or buy the PS4 version, when you could get an "extra game" by going PS3.

They added to the FAQ. They didn't change it. It never said the ps4 upgrade would be available immediately. This promotion was really designed for people who don't already own next gen consoles.

BokehKing

Banned
Going to try to do something I have never done before.... going to bed at 8pm EST to wake up at 3am (I would always just stay up and not get any sleep at all) Need some people to add for the coming storm of awesomeness! Please add me @sugarmonkey!
Good luck trying to go to sleep early, I tried that but opted to chase the supermoon instead

Carn82

Would be funny if Bungie is just 'stress testing' and tweaking the coming days (or even first few weeks) before activating new stuff.

Seems like people are worried about Amazon orders, samething happened to me when my PS4 launched. No tracking update,and it came day of launch.

cilonen

I'm really worried that the mission structure is going to be horrible and repetitive. Teh-CJ's post didn't help quell those worries. I don't know. I just feel like this game is going to be a huge let down, but it will have the solid foundation that will make for a great Destiny 2.

I am truly hoping I'm wrong.

It's going to pretty much be Sci-Fi FPS Diablo III. The four planets are the four acts. Loot, loot and more loot is the goal.

MMaRsu

I don't know why people expected the mission structure to be like that after playing the beta.

This is a loot game which means lots of mobs. I think this game will do very well but it does cater to a certain audience. it's really all about the co op and looting.

Thats fine, just make the missions fun and not, go here and take out waves of enemies till the boss shows up.

It certainly looks nice.

Lima

Well the thing in a loot game is I expect good shit to drop from bosses or mobs. Nada.

I'm level 15 and every good gun I have is bought from the gunsmith. Most bosses at the end of a raid drop nothing. Very weak for a loot game.

mandiller

Well it's not based on reality. The traveler terraformed our plants and moons to be livable.

Yeah I get that. But the moon would have to be the size of the Earth now to have the same gravity (it isn't) and mercury would have to be knocked out of orbit close to the sun to sustain any atmosphere that the traveller tried to put on the planet. See what I mean? They should've just base it on an alien solar system that human colonised so there were multiple habitable planets to visit

Fisty

On eBay. I saw it on Amazon too I think but ebay said it would arrive in 2 to 3 days from a local seller so I went with that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000mah-Son...le-/201164556113?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1120

Thanks for the info, I tried amazon and fastech but neither had them. Ebay im not a fan of unless its a situation of secondhand being the only option. Been burned too many times. Will try amazon again and send a strongly worded email to dx... its only 6 bucks but damn its getting a bit silly. Cheers

MMaRsu

Well the thing in a loot game is I expect good shit to drop from bosses or mobs. Nada.

I'm level 15 and every good gun I have is bought from the gunsmith. Most bosses at the end of a raid drop nothing. Very weak for a loot game.

The fuck man they havent added guaranteed loot drops from bosses?

The fuuuuuuuju is Bungie doing. Lol.

emrober5

I think if I can get through the first week of hype, I won't impulse buy this.

I didn't enjoy the alpha or beta but after beating metro redux, my ps4 is going to be dead until late october at the earliest. Sooo tempted to hit gamestop tomorrow.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
They added to the FAQ. They didn't change it. It never said the ps4 upgrade would be available immediately. This promotion was really designed for people who don't already own next gen consoles.

They added that section in like... the last hour or something? It is massively not okay that they did this.

They dont even fucking sound confident it will even be Wednesday or Thursday. Who knows! Who fucking cares. Gotcha money.

viveks86

Nope. Says to expect it by 8:00 pm tomorrow.
I work 2-10:15pm tomorrow. So.....I wanna play before work.

Fuck it. I have the money. I'll splurge a little.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10076-1390652560-14.gif

Boke1879

To be honest. If you didn't enjoy the beta it would be hard to convince yourself you'd like the full game.

StuffRuff

Thats not the type of addition you make at the last second. I can guarantee if that add in had of been in that FAQ from the start, no one would have bothered. You make those kind of decisions well in advance, not an hour or so before release when its all too late.

Instead they've now just pissed off a lot of people.

Yeah I get that. But the moon would have to be the size of the Earth now to have the same gravity (it isn't) and mercury would have to be knocked out of orbit close to the sun to sustain any atmosphere that the traveller tried to put on the planet. See what I mean? They should've just base it on an alien solar system that human colonised so there were multiple habitable planets to visit
It's space magic. Who cares. You're gonna hurt your brain if you think about it too much.
Hell they have time travel in this.

If there's one thing to complain about this game it's not this.

There's nothing shitty about it imo. It's a promotion aimed at people who plan on getting a PS4 or Xbox One later but still want Destiny now for their current system. The fact that the promotion ends in January, makes it blatantly obvious that it's specifically aimed at Holiday Gift consoles.

What is even the point of having the Digital PS3 version if you're not even ok with playing that version for a single day?

BokehKing

Banned

Lol you latch onto a guy who says it's the "same missions" with out giving details why he feels that way.

It was obvious when we went to the moon that a story was developing, I saw you're a founder in the clan I do not comprehend your lack of faith.

You're right though, it's not halo, Halo (imo) is a snooze fest, I need to run, I need to ads, I can't go back to Halo's play style and to be honest, the games plots were nothing to write home about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom