• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the first group for pickups at my midnight launch, I'm gonna be in and out:D I've also got my sparrow and shader code. Can't wait!

I had to wait about an hour for GTA V cause I didn't get a group number, suffice to say I learnt my lesson last year.

I'm absolutely fucking livid.

All of a sudden they've now changed the FAQ on the destiny site to say the free upgrade won't be available until Wednesday.

Thanks for telling me that now. Wouldn't have bothered otherwise.
http://www.destinythegame.com/uk/en/digital-upgrade

"Q. If I pre-ordered the PlayStation®3 digital version, when will my PlayStation®4 digital version of Destiny be available?

The PlayStation®4 digital upgrade will be available to you as close to launch as possible. We anticipate the PlayStation®4 version will be ready for you by Wednesday 9/10 at 6pm PDT, but please check back here for updates. Unfortunately, the PlayStation®4 upgrade will NOT be available for pre-order or pre-load."

Yeah that sucks, I ordered the PS3 version by mistake earlier and thought "oh well I'll just download the PS4 version after midnight" and now it says Wednesday......Really damn annoying

Ahm why is the auto rifle still the only viable choice as a main weapon in PvP Bungie? Did they change anything apart from nerfing the interceptor in MP?

Yes it's curved now and full of that CA shit.

Wish they made that an optional toggle, I kind of liked the last gen version of the hud, nice and clean.

d00d3n

PS3 to PS4 digital upgrade path isn't working here in UK.

Bought PS3 version, downloaded and whatnot, go to PS4, but adding the standard version is still trying to add £54.99 funds to buy it.

Guess I have to wait until tomorrow now or something? I hope they havent fucked up and I'm stuck with the PS3 version for a week just because I thought I'd save myself a pointless £5 next-gen tax :(

PS3 to PS4 isn't working in Sweden either. I personally preordered for PS4, but Sony decided to cancel my preorder for some mysterious reason. Decided to preorder the PS3 version instead, for the silly notion of "getting two games" instead of one. I guess there is a lesson to be learned here ... just wondering what it is.

Heroman

Banned
rdy

LO6dMPW.gif

DbVp7.gif

All of a sudden they've now changed the FAQ on the destiny site to say the free upgrade won't be available until Wednesday.

"Q. If I pre-ordered the PlayStation®3 digital version, when will my PlayStation®4 digital version of Destiny be available?

The PlayStation®4 digital upgrade will be available to you as close to launch as possible. We anticipate the PlayStation®4 version will be ready for you by Wednesday 9/10 at 6pm PDT, but please check back here for updates. Unfortunately, the PlayStation®4 upgrade will NOT be available for pre-order or pre-load."

Wow, terrible they say this now...

X-Frame

If I knew how to .gif I would have about 10 from that bungie-employee Titan video that I shamelessly watched about 6 times already.

I'm stuck in the tutorial mission. I'm standing where the marker tells me to stand and nothing happens (right before I'm supposed to get a rifle)

My bundle gets here tomorrow and my ghost well get here thursday or friday I am super excited. Any tips for someone who hasnt played the alpha or beta?

That was my impression from the beta too. The missions were just boring. I'm hoping that changes the further you get in the game, and importantly that the endgame has staying power. I'm still going to be playing it tonight though and giving it a good chance.

The lore is just silly though. They shouldn't have based the game on our solar system because I know that gravity is low on the moon and that mercury is so hot everything will burn to a crisp in a second, despite the game claiming there are 'lush gardens' there.
Didn't they establish in the intro that the Traveller terraformed the entire solar system to become habitable?

Sugarmonkey

Going to try to do something I have never done before.... going to bed at 8pm EST to wake up at 3am (I would always just stay up and not get any sleep at all) Need some people to add for the coming storm of awesomeness! Please add me @sugarmonkey!

That was my impression from the beta too. The missions were just boring. I'm hoping that changes the further you get in the game, and importantly that the endgame has staying power. I'm still going to be playing it tonight though and giving it a good chance.

The lore is jready ust silly though. They shouldn't have based the game on our solar system because I know that gravity is low on the moon and that mercury is so hot everything will burn to a crisp in a second, despite the game claiming there are 'lush gardens' there.
Well it's not based on reality. The traveler terraformed our plants and moons to be livable.

taco543

I'm not gonna do what everyone thinks I'm gonna do and... FLIP OUT man... all I wanna know is one thing... who's coming with me?

Your Grass Energy Green Superfood Lemon Lime Flavor is my guiding star. Let it lead the way and never falter.

Whoa! Christ is getting in on this Destiny business now, too. Don't be using your magical powers to hack now! We all like to play fair around here.
Lol you know it! But like I said sadly that is my real first name that's why I blocked out my last name lol

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm in the first group for pickups at my midnight launch, I'm gonna be in and out:D I've also got my sparrow and shader code. Can't wait!

I had to wait about an hour for GTA V cause I didn't get a group number, suffice to say I learnt my lesson last year.

That's awesome to hear you have launch tickets. I think the biggest thing I went to was Skyrim. That was around two blocks of people. They should just make a shirt that says "Nebraska <3 Skyrim".

Brick

I just saw this and came to post it as well. I wouldn't have bothered if I knew this was the case...

robotrock

Banned
Should I be concerned? On the one hand it still hasn't shipped yet, but on the other my card has been charged and now I have to request cancellation.

OrderStatus.png

:-(

Amazon has never done me wrong. Except for one time. They did me real wrong! I had preordered some album and it was "guaranteed to be delivered on release day" but I never saw it ship. Amazon then told me on the day of release that they accidentally sold too many copies and that I wouldn't get one. Still bummed out about it.

Fisty

Cool. This weekend I'll be doing this for the first time. Adding some metal Xbone style thumbsticks and metal buttons. Oh, and a shady 2000mah battery from China.

Where did you order your battery? I ordered one from DX (deals extreme I guess) over a month ago and nothings showed up. Got the silicone skin for wiiu pro controller but the battery still hasnt gotten here... Takes a week to get shit from japan, cant be a month for china

cilonen

Unlocked, updated; character created (I went Warlock last minute) and 'tutorial' sequence completed, signed out safe in the city.

It's finally here, now time for bed. Doh.

Lima

you can still capture points and get in buildings in vehicles :(

They didn't change a thing apart from nerfing the interceptor.

Auto rifles are still king because fuck using other weapons right. Oh and yeah the MP is still laggy as shit because they decided to not spend any of the fuck ton of money they will make on dedicated servers. Baffling.

Anybody else in the "My PC runs better than my console" boat? I've got a 360 with no gold membership and I want Destiny...Do I just say flip it and pay $85 to play it now or wait(?) until it comes to PC?

VinFTW

Auto rifles are still king because fuck using other weapons right. Oh and yeah the MP is still laggy as shit because they decided to not spend any of the fuck ton of money they will make on dedicated servers. Baffling.

Wait... no dedicated servers for Destiny?! Source?

Deku Tree

Half that. 1000mah.

In theory I should get double the battery life. In reality since it's a shitty chinese knockoff I'm expecting 1.5. There is a possibility of it being a total dud. We'll see!

That seems small. I keep a kindle charger plugged in behind my couch for the ds4 so battery life doesn't bother me. DS3 got much better battery life than the ds4.

Where did you order your battery? I ordered one from DX (deals extreme I guess) over a month ago and nothings showed up. Got the silicone skin for wiiu pro controller but the battery still hasnt gotten here... Takes a week to get shit from japan, cant be a month for china

On eBay. I saw it on Amazon too I think but ebay said it would arrive in 2 to 3 days from a local seller so I went with that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000mah-Son...le-/201164556113?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1120

RoKKeR

Aw yeah can't wait!

/s

So now I'm seeing the SP is weak and PvP is no better...nice.

So, I just called up my Best Buy...

Me: "Yes, hi, I was just calling to ask about the midnight Destiny launch, if you guys are expecting a lot of people, and what time I should show up if I already have a pre-order."

Customer Service: "Yeahhhh, uhmm....I dunnoooo...."

*silence*

Me: "...ok....."

Them: "Yeahhh.....I'm not very helpful. See you tonight!"

Me: :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom