• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone get that email from GameStop about no ghost editions for ps4? a buddy of mine is getting a free reg copy for ps4 and the digital ps3 extras I have no idea why- in lieu of his ghost ps4 preorder-

crazyness.

I don't think Destiny can replicate loot bukkake like in Diablo 3 UEE

7PFUtXV.jpg

Thats some Bukkake alright! Geez.

Figments

The only thing I really want post-launch is an expansion of the hub city. Let us explore the city (or at least parts of it) and have places for "guild halls" and individual homestuffs. That'd be neat.

Cømet

Banned
I've failed a few times at the jump before that flag. Embarassing

I took a sprinting fist of havoc across that gap, and plopped down the hole just before the ledge.

Really? Can you name a game that has come out in the last 6 months that has split screen? Any current gen games besides Diablo? If you were honestly expecting it you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

Mario Kart 8 :p

I've come to hate splitscreen. Graphics, resolution, overall enjoyment are just hampered by having to split my 40" up amongst myself and others. MK8 just about gets away with two player, but otherwise? I'm glad current gen games don't all have splitscreen.

Kane1345

anyone get that email from GameStop about no ghost editions for ps4? a buddy of mine is getting a free reg copy for ps4 and the digital ps3 extras I have no idea why- in lieu of his ghost ps4 preorder-

crazyness.

Are the digital PS3 extras the same as the PS4 ones? Are they transferable to PS4? Still sucks ofc

RiverKwai

Pissed myself laughing when it happened.

That might as well have been me.

I'm the guy who decides to try to flank zone B on Venus by jumping around the edge onto the standing pillar, but then either overshoots badly or comes up stupid short and kills himself. I think I did that like two or three times. "I'm gonna make it this time!".

nbraun80

That is just items people dropped in town.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. Can't wait to play next week.

could be, but with all the other stuff on the ground it looks like he just opened a whole lot of cache's you get from completing the bounties at once. Although, pretty sure you can't get set items from them so....

I officially took off September 9th to be able to play with my birthday gift

I'm turning 33...

GUYS, IT WAS EITHER THAT OR CALLING IN SICK!

Haha, that's awesome! Luckily I'm on school break and I have time off as well. I have not had this type of gaming window in quite some time! Thank god a great game is coming out for me to waste some time on!

I guess the good thing about being a sun bro named StarkWinterLager is that I can start with the iron banner emblem as a game of thrones reference, and once I find the closest thing to a sun emblem then move on to that. End game goal is to try to be as incandescent as the sun.

hJVzgTj.gif

LordofPwn

I guess the good thing about being a sun bro named StarkWinterLager is that I can start with the iron banner emblem as a game of thrones reference, and once I find the closest thing to a sun emblem then move on to that. End game goal is to try to be as incandescent as the sun.

hJVzgTj.gif

I didn't think solar titan was an option...
it should be. possible 3rd titan subclass

The Newsweek Destiny Special Edition Issue has a couple descriptions of Crucible modes, I'll share them here. Salvage sounds like a lot of fun to me. And I think Skirmish is the special Mercury only mode?

Newsweek said:
Control
12 Players // 6v6
Think Zone capture and defend. Each zone your team holds gives your team an additional 50 points per kill. Two zones held equates to a bonus 100 points per kill, and holding all three zones will net your squad 200 points for every kill. Whoever has the most points at the end of the match wins. It probably goes without saying, but the more zones you hold, the better.

Clash
12 Players // 6vs6
A straight-up, old-school, Us vs Them Team Deathmatch. Flavor text omitted

Rumble
6 Players // Every Guardian for themselves
A six player free for all: no teams, no loyalties. Flavor text omitted

Skirmish
6 Players // 3v3
Team Deathmatch with a twist: If a squad member goes down, you can resurrect them on the battlefield immediately. Respawn time is at least seven seconds in a skirmish, so a resurrection not only keeps you from getting outnumbered during a heated moment; it'll net you 50 extra points.

Salvage
6 Players // 3v3
A hybrid mode; Objectively focused, but kills still matter. The goal is to find the relics that arrive on the map and capture them by setting up a probe. Deploying a probe earns your team 100 points. It's imperative that you protect the probe until it transmits the relic to your ship. You'll earn 200 points per player for capturing a relic or 150 points per player for sabotaging the other team's transmission. The game ends when time runs out, or when one team has earned 10,000 points.

CLBridges

Contemplated physical copy from Amazon but I'll stick to my digital for the pre-load.

I'm coming back to you Old Russia and this time I'm on some real murder shit. Any Hive Knight or Ogre or Wizard that was high level and did me wrong, it's over.

Internet points to anyone who gets that reference lol.

LordofPwn

The Newsweek Destiny Special Edition Issue has a couple descriptions of Crucible modes, I'll share them here. Salvage sounds like a lot of fun to me. And I think Skirmish is the special Mercury only mode?

Skirmish is not a Mercury only mode. Mercury may be a special event only map though.
Trials of Osiris i believe maybe, perhaps.

VanWinkle

Nah, the video that went up today of the Playstation-exclusive MP map was showing Skirmish.

Obscured

I'm really looking forward to seeing what else there is past what we saw on the alpha and beta. Have both the XB1 and PS4 versions pre-loaded and ready to go (and have my friends lists loaded up, so hopefully I can find some of you). Looking forward to changing up my avatar as I get cool new stuff.

Lee

crazyness.

The posts I'm seeing on reddit say people are getting a free copy of Destiny for the PS4 and a PS3 Ghost Edition. So really they're getting everything and then some if they trade the game in right away for, what, $40 bucks?

Well the fact we have good ol' team deathmatch and an objective game means I will probably play those two.

I think my biggest issue with the crucible modes is that in their attempt to make some unique Destiny-spinned game types they didn't include some of the more fun types such as capture the flag..... or Tony Hawk Pro Sparrow 3.

Speaking of the Empress, where is she? would have thought she'd all up in this OT

I assume IRL stuff keeping her busy. I have the time right now but when my friends were over for the weekend I really didn't have time to surf GAF as much until like midnight.

Thoraxes

I officially took off September 9th to be able to play with my birthday gift

I'm turning 33...

GUYS, IT WAS EITHER THAT OR CALLING IN SICK!
I got like 2 weeks too, but I only took off Wednesday and Thursday. Fridays are one of my off days.

Plus I don't expect the servers to run very well on launch day, which is why I didn't take it off.

I sense a disturbance in the Space Magic, I have a feeling she is playing Destiny early.

She's not. I'm looking at my friends list and nobody is playing Destiny. And even then, if not even reviewers can play it early lol. It might only be Bungie employees and close family right now.

atrossity

Banned
So I haven't seen a discussion about this.

How much content is there, size-wise? I see there are a few big explorable maps which is cool, but I can't help but be disappointed that there is only four zones.

I don't mind paying for dlc, but from what I understand even the dlc might not add new areas.

The reason this is so important to me is because I may buy a ps4 just for this game. But if the game is super short that's like $450 down the drain. And I am not interested in any other ps4 games for now or in the near future..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom