• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

Really? Because that giant spaceship that was protecting Angel in Borderlands 2 went down in just 5 minutes

Going to agree with him. I can understand the borderlands situation since that was a unique only for that situation enemy. Spider tanks are not unique enemies.

However, the loot system in Destiny is something I prefer since everything you get feels meaningful rather than the meaningless bukakke of loot in games like Diablo and Borderlands.

Einbroch

Banned
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo...
Halo, ooh ooh...

Going to agree with him. I can understand the borderlands situation since that was a unique only for that situation enemy. Spider tanks are not unique enemies.

However, the loot system in Destiny is something I prefer since everything you get feels meaningful rather than the meaningless bukakke of loot in games like Diablo and Borderlands.

This is good to hear. I was worried the loot wouldn't be as def as it looks in videos.

N° 2048

GOD! I am super jealous of your weed jar. I cant wait till I can smoke again. (Waiting to take a drug test for a new job within the month)

santana-crying-gif.gif

It was super cheap at a local headshop too! Only around $15, the brand is 420Jars.
Snap, but trade the GLB for Asahi.

I'm a bit of a beer newbie, is it Canadian? Will try next time.

I don't know what that is but I want some.

Good ol' Canadian beer and weed :)

Fitts

I hope you don't actually think that's how reviews are done...

No, but they probably should be. If reviews did thoroughly cover the entire scope of a game I might actually lend them some credence. It's not as though a movie is reviewed by watching the first twenty minutes of it.

Ok. You do realize a lot of people are actually expecting this to be like halo though, right? It's an apt comparison, regarding the narrative and the gameplay. Sorry you don't like that.

I thought the general consensus was that this was kind of like Halo anyway?

Still besides the point. Throwing out that comment in response to people expecting a good story makes no damn sense. No matter how many sidebars you try to throw in.

Stoze

I think the idea of upgrading items with exp and having their own skill trees was a really genius way to go about the loot. As others have said I like that they don't throw out a shit ton of garbage gear after killing every enemy like other loot games.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Oh fuck it I'll stay up. I can work on no sleep for one day. This is such a bad/great decision.

Please add me on PSN, I'm a huge "closet gamer", don't have any RL friends that I know of that play games. Didn't have a PS3 last gen so I don't have many PSN friends but I'm a nice guy, always use my mic, like teamplay especially co-op stuff.

PSN is crophonso

Just got my PS4 Gold headset. Holy shit, these are amazing. Don't know how good it is for chatting until I play a multiplayer game, but based off sound alone I'm really impressed. The presets make a big difference. Think I read that Destiny is getting a custom one as well?

Also got a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper, which means I'm all set for Destiny tonight. Been getting a ton of friend requests from here, so I can't wait to play with everyone.

Yeah I got the headset last week in preparation for Destiny and have been using it for everything I play now. Nice and comfortable too.

Timmay

Banned
Just got my PS4 Gold headset. Holy shit, these are amazing. Don't know how good it is for chatting until I play a multiplayer game, but based off sound alone I'm really impressed. The presets make a big difference. Think I read that Destiny is getting a custom one as well?

Also got a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper, which means I'm all set for Destiny tonight. Been getting a ton of friend requests from here, so I can't wait to play with everyone.

Yes, the Golds are awesome. Destiny will be adding a profile to the headphone app soon. I've never heard anyone complain about my communication via the mic on PS4 or XB1.

Cuphead

Banned
Oh fuck it I'll stay up. I can work on no sleep for one day. This is such a bad/great decision.

Please add me on PSN, I'm a huge "closet gamer", don't have any RL friends that I know of that play games. Didn't have a PS3 last gen so I don't have many PSN friends but I'm a nice guy, always use my mic, like teamplay especially co-op stuff.

PSN is crophonso

added ya!

sjay1994

So here is the thing.

Destiny is going to be my first bungie game.

Are the stories in the Halo games they did good?

Because the story stuff in the beta/alpha (and I am guessing is the same stuff most of these impressions are based on since beta began from the beginning of the game) felt like nothingness.

Whew, well played since the servers went online at 2 p.m. on Monday.
Lvl 17 with a Warlock already, this game is a lot of fun in MultiPlayer.
This game is the only FPS I like playing online against other people.
Haven't played much of the story, still on Earth and I can select Moon,
and 4 modes of Crucible and Strike Missions.
Game is huge fun so far.

TheContact

Yeah I got the headset last week in preparation for Destiny and have been using it for everything I play now. Nice and comfortable too.

So glad people like this headset. I bought the limited edition white version but Amazon isn't shipping it to me until mid september..it should have come out the same day as the destiny bundle it makes no sense

I think the idea of upgrading items with exp and having their own skill trees was a really genius way to go about the loot. As others have said I like that they don't throw out a shit ton of garbage gear after killing every enemy like other loot games.

Yeah. I love the idea of really spending some time and nurturing my insane death machines. :}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom