• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuphead

Banned
Imagine if you went to sleep before midnight, woke up, and...
groundhog_day_4.png

We still haven't reached 400 pages? You guys disappoint me. This thread is worthless to me. I believed.

And I was deceived.

One other worry I have about the game, and this is echoing others, is the story. From what I played in the beta, I LIKED the story missions. That being said, where was the Cortana's? Master Chiefs? Prophets? Johnson's?

I think in the beta there was: You, Ghost, that tower masked guy, and that mysterious exo. Maybe we just haven't gotten far, but I fear the story will be pretty barebones with not a large cast of characters. :(

Those games were extremely story-driven, these aren't. They were never meant to be.

Reposting for new page. Any help on this question would be fantastic.

Sound and quality-wise, does anyone know what the Creative Aurvana Live!/Audio Technica M-50's are compared to the Gold headset?

kenta

Has no PEINS
Wait, there's a Beta emblem? Is there an Alpha emblem as well?

I loved the Alpha and intentionally skipped the Beta so as to not burn myself out, would be a bummer if I missed out

MattyG

Banned
Oh, anyone been able to tell how "open" the playable areas are? And how many of them there are? And how large that actually are? I've been hoping that this is going to have massive maps with lots to explore and lots of ground to cover, not cramped arenas.

Fitts

You're welcome :),
Well yes because of the bounties, you get hge EXP amounts out of them, most 5000 or 3750 EXP, there are ones for the Story missions and Crucible as well.
And yes, got my Legendary armor from the crucible, and also many rare weapons, also got an Emote of Light from there, pretty scare those things though.
I also can change classes between voidwalker and sunsinger.
Sunsinger is more the buff type, and Voidwalker more the damage dealer type.

@sjay
Cap is at 20, with Emotes of Light you can go up to LVL 30.

Ah... the bounties slipped my mind.

Thanks for expounding! It's good to know that you can focus almost entirely on PVP and not feel as though you're missing out on high-level gear if you so choose. I'm personally going to experience everything the game has to offer, but I spent most of the Alpha/Beta in the Crucible and I'm anticipating that my experience with the full game will follow suit.

Another question if you don't mind, I know the game just launched and all but have you noticed any particular class/subclass being particularly prevalent in PVP? I'm not referring to what's most "dominant" as it's too early to draw any conclusions, but more what you've seen the most of in terms of quantity.

Does the PS4 white bundle come with a physical or digital copy of the game?

If it's digital does it let you play right away or make you wait until 3am EST?

BLCKATK

I'm also sure that part of the story building experience is the stories that we as players create with other players as well. Not really related to the overall plot of the game or its delivery, but I am looking forward to that part of the game. Experiencing the new solar system with other Guardians.

X-Frame

The way Sony is locking out digital buyers until 3 AM likely won't help in getting people to pre-order the next big game from PSN.

I am not sure what Sony's thought process on this one is.

Reposting for new page. Any help on this question would be fantastic.

Sound and quality-wise, does anyone know what the Creative Aurvana Live!/Audio Technica M-50's are compared to the Gold headset?

M-50s are great! No mic, tho. I haven't tried the Golds, but I will bet they won't sound as good.

X-Frame

I loved the Alpha and intentionally skipped the Beta so as to not burn myself out, would be a bummer if I missed out

You probably have to go to the Special Order's Vendor to pick it up, whether or not it's there already or starting tomorrow.

Badgerst3

Midnight Pacific. Have you preloaded your digital preorder? It'll have a nice big countdown clock you can stare at. [and yell at to move faster!]

Destiny Gaf West coast is the best coast. I have indeed preloaded. Drooling for the iron banner wolf cape for my Hunter. Enjoy the week all.

If I get eaten by a bear while in the backcountry, first to quote this to my wife can have my digital preorder.

Trace

Banned

There were two beta emblems. One for playing the beta, one for playing the beta during the two hour stress test.

SDCowboy

The way Sony is locking out digital buyers until 3 AM likely won't help in getting people to pre-order the next big game from PSN.

lol are you being serious right now? The percentage of people that care or even can play at midnight on a monday/tuesday is very small.

Kei-

Lol very well then...

In any case, I'm already sold on the game from the beta and alpha and I don't think reviews are going to affect this game's performance commercially. Not much at all.

Magwik

Banned
At my gamestop and they have a DJ. I sarcastically requested the Ghostbusters theme and he played it. Its gonna be a good night.

Congratz, have fun when you get back.

Semi on topic, Marvel and Cuphead are tied for that #1 post spot ;)

I just want to make it obvious but people do know it's not something to be proud of right? I know I'm ashamed whenever I make top 5. It means you kept reloading and replying. And replying. And replying.

Shoeless

It's not just Sony though, it's also Microsoft, isn't it? The Xbox One has the same PST unlock.

Ah... the bounties slipped my mind.

Thanks for expounding! It's good to know that you can focus almost entirely on PVP and not feel as though you're missing out on high-level gear if you so choose. I'm personally going to experience everything the game has to offer, but I spent most of the Alpha/Beta in the Crucible and I'm anticipating that my experience with the full game will follow suit.

Another question if you don't mind, I know the game just launched and all but have you noticed any particular class/subclass being particularly prevalent in PVP? I'm not referring to what's most "dominant" as it's too early to draw any conclusions, but more what you've seen the most of in terms of quantity.

Hard to distinguish, but I would say all 3 classes are very popular in PvP, I've seen a lot of Titans though, less Hunters, Warlocks were balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom