• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stood in line to at my local Gamestop to pay it off and heard the cashier say there was at least 400 copies reserved at that store alone.... paid it off and decided yeah I'm going to pick it up first thing after work tomorrow.

Trace

Banned
Umm not knowing much about this game at all and with my PS4 still shrink-wrapped in my closet, is a PS+ subscription for multiplayer actually required to get the most out of it? Even if I have no interest in deathmatch or PvP gameplay?

Also, I presume PS4 version is the superior one? No PC version right?

No PC version, PS+ is required for PvP and Strikes/Raids(Equivalent of dungeons and raids from WoW if that makes sense).

NoTacos

People in NZ/AUS/UK have been able to play for the last few hours if I'm not mistaken.

I already stated that it won't be as problematic because its highly unlikely a large number of players are playing on those servers right now. If east coast had a headstart, the distribution of power would be much more apparent because of the sheer number of people playing.

Umm not knowing much about this game at all and with my PS4 still shrink-wrapped in my closet, is a PS+ subscription for multiplayer actually required to get the most out of it? Even if I have no interest in deathmatch or PvP gameplay?

Also, I presume PS4 version is the superior one? No PC version right?

You won't be able to do Strikes or Raids without PS+. Not sure if you also need it for co-op in story missions.

Screw gamestop, called to see if my brother could pick ot up at midnight since they let me do ot before even when calling, done it for every launch, but for Destiny they said no, didn't have it paid off so I bought digitally, if have to wait till 3 oh well I get off at 2am anyway. You gaf bros want to add a no name you can add Coach_Black ps4 btw.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Any comparisons of the xb1 vs ps4 version? Still undecided which version to get, I have friends on both consoles.
PS4 is more powerful, has a year exclusive on the extra content and will simply have more players due to way more systems out there. With all else being equal seems like a pretty clear decision.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ha they're not locking me out till 3am. DGAF NA West is getting it right on time.

It was most likely implemented in order to make it fair, otherwise you would have players with a 3 hour headstart in terms of XP. I highly doubt there are going to be that many people with a headstart due to NZ servers, but on a large scale it could be problematic.

I don't get the headstart argument. Players having a headstart only matters for one mode in the game which I don't even think is open yet. Bungie employees are already level 25 but I don't see how that matters to my experience.

How we doing folks.
tumblr_inline_msxfz0VCjQ1qz4rgp.gif

dengatron

I already stated that it won't be as problematic because its highly unlikely a large number of players are playing on those servers right now. If east coast had a headstart, the distribution of power would be much more apparent because of the sheer number of people playing.

means absolutely nothing because physical copies have been able to play all day and they'll be able to play after getting home from a midnight launch. it's literally ONLY fucking over people that bought digitally, and it's ridiculous.

Delt31

IGN has nothing but good things to say for a blockbuster title? wow. big surprise. OF course greg tries to mention something that kind of sucks (like the dumb menu selections) and it's shot down by everyone.

Giantbomb - Jegg G: played 4 hours, not sure I like it. refreshing. even if he ends up liking it, I just appreciate it's not forced down our throats. and this is coming from someone who already bought the damn game. I'm just sick of the IGN cheerleading. Greg - jump ship for the love of god you're too talented for those ass clowns.

The major reason I'll never go to a Gamestop midnight release ever again
halo 2 launch was the one and only midnight I have gone to, was stuck talking to this guy who thought he was elite and shit in the line for 2 hours, no smart phone or anything to do, class the next day, lol...

Time for sleep. I'm expecting OT2 when I wake up at 2:30 am EDT. Feel free to add me on PSN: saveweyard; I'll be playing until I have to go to work at 8 am EDT.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Standing in a PACKED Gamestop right now to pick up my system preorder receipt

....the smell :(
I dread best buy's midnight release. I don't want to wait in line too long or have to smell people :(

I guess I'm getting there in 2 hours. My store said they weren't processing before midnight.

OverHeat

« generous god »
First digital version to unlock between the xbox one and ps4 version will be my main platform for destiny...your move sony and microsoft

Trace

Banned
halo 2 launch was the one and only midnight I have gone to, was stuck talking to this guy who thought he was elite and shit in the line for 2 hours, no smart phone or anything to do, class the next day, lol...

Ouch.

Midnight releases in my area in general just suck, not much to do, cold, and you just want to play the damn game.

Fitts

Any comparisons of the xb1 vs ps4 version? Still undecided which version to get, I have friends on both consoles.

I'm willing to assume that any graphical differences will be negligible and I don't (typically) prioritize visuals in my gaming purchases anyway. The extra content that Playstation systems get is nice, but nothing world changing. If I were in your position, I would consider two things: what console will my friends be playing it on and what controller would I prefer to use.

I adore the DS4 and all but one of my friends has chosen a PS4 over an Xbox One.

Kaywee

Did anyone else order from EB Games in Canada and have their pre order ship? My ghost edition pre order just says confirmed and they haven't charged my cc yet. I am starting to get the feeling I am screwed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom