• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuphead

Banned
dear mr cup head
could please place the destiny symbol in between the hands of my avatar
I'll take a bullet for you in game

Thanks!

image.png
image.png

NoTacos

The way Sony is locking out digital buyers until 3 AM likely won't help in getting people to pre-order the next big game from PSN.

I am not sure what Sony's thought process on this one is.

Ha they're not locking me out till 3am. DGAF NA West is getting it right on time.

It was most likely implemented in order to make it fair, otherwise you would have players with a 3 hour headstart in terms of XP. I highly doubt there are going to be that many people with a headstart due to NZ servers, but on a large scale it could be problematic.

Kingbrave

Hey everyone counting down the hours and minutes till 3am....I hate you (and everyone playing the game) and you aren't helping the wait any. Bastards.

Thanks for answering! I have the Creative headphones right now, and I have a mic as well, but I'm wondering if the Gold headsets are worth the money.

Headphone dedicated 100% to sound will be better than a wireless headset with a built in microphone in terms of sound quality, though the latter may be more convenient. I use ATH AD900s and a Sony clip on mic and have to deal with a lot of cables. Worth it for excellent sound, in my opinion.

Ha they're not locking me out till 3am. DGAF NA West is getting it right on time.

It was most likely implemented in order to make it fair, otherwise you would have players with a 3 hour headstart in terms of XP

It's not going to be fair regardless.

East Coast = Beast Coast.

Trace

Banned

It was most likely implemented in order to make it fair, otherwise you would have players with a 3 hour headstart in terms of XP

West Coast is Best Coast. Confirmed by Bungie.

People in NZ/AUS/UK have been able to play for the last few hours if I'm not mistaken.

Headphone dedicated 100% to sound will be better than a wireless headset with a built in microphone in sound quality, though the latter may be more convenient. I use ATH AD900s and a Sony clip on mic and have to deal with a lot of cables. Worth it for excellent sound, in my opinion.

Agreed. I used my current pair during the Alpha/Beta, and I was constantly blown away by the quality. I really don't mind the cables, worth the quality indeed.

sjay1994

And IGN has encouraging things to say after the first day, but they aren't going so far to rate it yet because they haven't seen enough. Just like every other rational review outlet.

That french article is pure clickbait.

Wait... do we trust IGN now? I thought we couldn't because of their opinions on the order.

Trace

Banned
Wait... do we trust IGN now? I thought we couldn't because of their opinions on the order.

Naw we don't trust IGN either. I just know I trust them a heck of a lot more than a random French site that I've never heard of that posts a review 6 hours after servers for an MMO-like game come out.

N° 2048

I can't believe the time is finally here. I know I played the Alpha/Beta but I remember seeing the concept art a while back and wondering what this game would be. So stoked.

ElyrionX

Umm not knowing much about this game at all and with my PS4 still shrink-wrapped in my closet, is a PS+ subscription for multiplayer actually required to get the most out of it? Even if I have no interest in deathmatch or PvP gameplay?

Also, I presume PS4 version is the superior one? No PC version right?

It was most likely implemented in order to make it fair, otherwise you would have players with a 3 hour headstart in terms of XP. I highly doubt there are going to be that many people with a headstart due to NZ servers, but on a large scale it could be problematic.

People have been playing around the world since this morning...

Fitts

I'm not into white hardware, but that PS4 is gorgeous! I'm looking across the room at my standard black one and it looks downright pedestrian by comparison.

Respect

Umm not knowing much about this game at all and with my PS4 still shrink-wrapped in my closet, is a PS+ subscription for multiplayer actually required to get the most out of it? Even if I have no interest in deathmatch or PvP gameplay?

Also, I presume PS4 version is the superior one? No PC version right?

It might be releasing on PC, but there is no set date right now...sometime next year possibly.

EDIT: Apparently it is just a rumor, I though it was confirmed.

Ryuuga

Banned
Ordered 15 boneless buffalo wings and curly fries because of this thread.

I ordered a memory foam mattress for the ridiculous 3AM EST start time. They might as well have had "break of dawn" launches instead of midnight. *begrudgingly sets alarm*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom